Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida
Loading

Notices

Thread: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oveido, Florida
Posts: 181
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

I should be there for the november and december event
904crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #22
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ocala
Posts: 57
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

I'm in, hopefully Yoda will have time to run. It's been a awhile!
mccarsones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange City
Posts: 203
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

The crawl ugly crew should be there for the next two! Couldn't make October it was my brothers bday
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 73
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

im going to put together a truck for the December TTC. Whats my best bet to get going? SCX10 rtr and tweak it a bit? ive seen a few CC01s out there cheap too. just not sure the CC01 would compete. Anyone run those?
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Geneva, FL
Posts: 334
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
im going to put together a truck for the December TTC. Whats my best bet to get going? SCX10 rtr and tweak it a bit? ive seen a few CC01s out there cheap too. just not sure the CC01 would compete. Anyone run those?
most of us that run at NewReds run SCX10 or Wraith based rigs. There are a few that run BONE STOCK setups and are just as competitive as the full blown comp scalers.. its really all in how you drive. Although i can say BE WATERPROOF for Decembers event.


*For prizes there WILL NOT BE any skipping of gates or going around water areas. you MUST adhere to the course that is layed out.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #26
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 73
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

The axial ax10 is not legal, correct? like the ridgecrest or the new deadbolt
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #27
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 73
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

what tires are good? I'm probably going to build a stock truck for this and would like to throw on decent tires.

I'll most likely build a SCX10 and keep it 1.9's

also need suggestions on a winch
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
Looking for new Trails
 
yoda@4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GPS locating signal.....
Posts: 558
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
The axial ax10 is not legal, correct? like the ridgecrest or the new deadbolt
no ax10 are not aload the are a crawler chassis rig any thing TVP is not aload..

If you have a rig or want to run a rig custom built that is set up with TVP contact the event host or host's and have it over looked and voted on...( if you have a 1.1 picutre of a rig and your 1/10 looks the part the group can vote on it)

IT MUST BE OF SCALE APPEARANCE/RESEMBLANCE

but most every one runs a axial based rig for easy parts availability and that most of time some one at the event has spare parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
what tires are good? I'm probably going to build a stock truck for this and would like to throw on decent tires.

I'll most likely build a SCX10 and keep it 1.9's

also need suggestions on a winch
XL swampers or Pitbulls are what most run

if you have a three channel remote and room go servo winch for strength
if not most run 3racing or Bulldog winch's most run the wireless version becuase they dont have 3 or 4 channel remote's

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 10-28-2013 at 10:18 PM.
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #29
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 73
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
no ax10 are not aload the are a crawler chassis rig any thing TVP is not aload..

If you have a rig or want to run a rig custom built that is set up with TVP contact the event host or host's and have it over looked and voted on...( if you have a 1.1 picutre of a rig and your 1/10 looks the part the group can vote on it)

IT MUST BE OF SCALE APPEARANCE/RESEMBLANCE

but most every one runs a axial based rig for easy parts availability and that most of time some one at the event has spare parts...



XL swampers or Pitbulls are what most run

if you have a three channel remote and room go servo winch for strength
if not most run 3racing or Bulldog winch's most run the wireless version becuase they dont have 3 or 4 channel remote's

at this point my plan is to build an scx10 for this. i don't currently have a truck.

I think I'll go with the Rubicon Jeep. It has a few upgrades over the Dingo kit that seem worthwhile. It also comes with the better tires.
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Posts: 331
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
at this point my plan is to build an scx10 for this. i don't currently have a truck.

I think I'll go with the Rubicon Jeep. It has a few upgrades over the Dingo kit that seem worthwhile. It also comes with the better tires.
Great kit. That is what I run. Got 1st place in 1.9 at September's event.

Let me know if you need any custom upgrades or accessories...

www.scalerfab.com

Troy
ScalerFab
ScalerFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 73
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalerFab View Post
Great kit. That is what I run. Got 1st place in 1.9 at September's event.

Let me know if you need any custom upgrades or accessories...

www.scalerfab.com

Troy
ScalerFab
Axial Racing - SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit

On second thought if this comes out in time this will probably be it. Love that body. Think it'll do OK with the tires that come with it?
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #32
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ocala
Posts: 57
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

? Hope TVP does not have anything to do with Vanquish Products
mccarsones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Geneva, FL
Posts: 334
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarsones View Post
? Hope TVP does not have anything to do with Vanquish Products
TVP = Twin Vertical Plate

It's a chassis type, like the ax-10 has.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Geneva, FL
Posts: 334
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Hopefully everyone is getting there trucks ready to go for this weekends event... i have seen a few changes and i can say that you are not going to want to miss this event or Decembers event and you REALLY dont want to miss the upcoming season!!!

See everyone on SUNDAY
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #35
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ocala
Posts: 57
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Just about got all the pieces together, can't wait.
mccarsones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
Looking for new Trails
 
yoda@4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GPS locating signal.....
Posts: 558
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

I will be there and I will be running...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Geneva, FL
Posts: 334
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
I will be there and I will be running...
Bout time

I say if the hill is ready lets have a bounty climb this weekend as well.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #38
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 73
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

I don't have a rig yet or is be there this weekend. Psyched about December
godofcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #39
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: floriduh
Posts: 522
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904crawler View Post
I should be there for the november and december event

I call bullshit!! Thought you sold your rigs....
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oveido, Florida
Posts: 181
Default Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
I call bullshit!! Thought you sold your rigs....
naw i did not sell them yet. still undecided on if i want to.
904crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NewRed Hobbies March 27,2011 yoda@4x4 Florida 10 03-26-2011 01:56 PM
NewRed Hobbies New Time yoda@4x4 Florida 0 03-06-2011 10:25 AM
NewRed Hobbies January 30 yoda@4x4 Florida 133 02-06-2011 09:14 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com