Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Central Florida, looking to Crawl but Im NEW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Central Florida, looking to Crawl but Im NEW

Well I just got my SCX10 last weekend and I love it, just dont know anywhere to go and run. Anyone know anywhere in the Central FL area. Im in the Orlando/ Casselberry area. Thanks for the help.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Well I just got my SCX10 last weekend and I love it, just dont know anywhere to go and run. Anyone know anywhere in the Central FL area. Im in the Orlando/ Casselberry area. Thanks for the help.
Welcome to the addiction! lol

The Sanford boat ramp where 17-92 crosses the st. Johns is I good place to run trucks. Actually the best place within 20 miles that I know of.
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #3

when does everyone wanna meet up at the boat ramp for a gtg? i just ordered new stuff to build a new truck like frame t rex 60 axles r2 transwith 2 speed with dig for 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive the new m/t sidebiter 2.2 and 2.2 boggers i have a hard plastic chevy body im gunna build a scale truck like my 87 chevy
damnredchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Im up for heading over there anytime.... right now my schedule is open after 9am (I work 1st shift 11-9am) that will change next week. Got a promotion and Im getting day shift with weekends off..... YAY!!! Anyways like I said let me know when you guys are gonna head over there I would love to check it out and get to know some of the local people. Thanks for the tip about the boat ramp. Not exactly sure where it is but Im sure I can find it.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I dont have a scaler, just a couple comp crawlers, but I live about 10-15 min from the ramp so I'm game for pretty much any saturday or sunday. Early morning is usually best to beat the heat and the rain.

side note: we have a comp tomorrow down in st pete at the skyway bridge rest stop, I'm pretty sure a bunch of guys are gonna have scalers w/ them too. here's the thread
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

If you guys get together let me know I will try to there to have some fun
Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
RCC Addict

OK so I had to drive to my Mother-In-Laws house today in Lk. Mary so I decided to take a hop over to see what this area uder the bridge was like.
I took I-4 from Lake Mary I believe going East past the Mall on the right, got off on the exit for 17-92 came around and went right off the exit. There was an entrance on my right for the loading ramp area..... this is where I was confused, where is it that people go to crawl or scale? Is it the first mound of rocks up under the bridge at the first part of the parking area. I noticed some nice rock area, didnt seem to be any trails, but there were a couple of nice little dirt ledges and washout areas. Seemed ok, but again Im not even sure if I was in the right place. Any help would be great. Thanks... and if anyone is feeling like going over there tomorow let me know. I get out of work 9am.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

You are in the right place, the area gets interesting with scales because of the water run-off and some areas of the rocks are HARD. With comp crawlers they do well if they are set for the type of rock. I use summit and some parts get hard because of it's size. I have some video of me running there the week I got my summit.

I will post link to specific video from computer, hard to do from phone app. Meanwhile search YouTube for videos from zepolfun4u those are my RC vids....
Old 07-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Did you guys go? Sorry I busted some diff gears. Messing around in the yard... Now to take it apart and see what's up.

Hope you had fun, maybe next time...
Old 07-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

This weekend I went out to the state comp at the Skyway. Might be trying to make it to the sanford bridge next weekend, but time will tell.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Im down for some early morning crawlin on Saturday. Just let me know. Its about 20 minutes or so from me. It would be cool to get out there and have some fun.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Just curious if anyone is going to the boat ramp this weekend. If so what day and what time. Thanks
Old 07-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Are you?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

My summit is still limp but I'll run it till it breaks if people are going....
Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Going be there at 930
Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

May have change in plans depending on replies
Old 08-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Anyone plan on crawling this weekend??? If so let me know. and try to give me more then an hours notice....
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I use to live in Casselberry actually. I still make the occasional trip there, as my father still lives there.

I'll have to keep an eye out for anything going on next time I make the drive, and bring my SCX10 along with me! I'm a newB to the crawlers myself, but quickly getting in deep
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Anyone plan on crawling this weekend??? If so let me know. and try to give me more then an hours notice....
I might be able to make it out with my AX10 for a bit on sunday, but the berg is getting torn down yet again so I can build up my brand new Viper
Old 08-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Well, 2 of us are heading over the the bridge off I-4 and 17-92 (the boat ramp area) we are leaving from Superior Hobbies around 2 so if you want head out and meet us there. Superior hobbies is in Orlando/ Casselberry area.