RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Florida (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   Is 2.2 Pro Comp Dead In Florida???????? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/478880-2-2-pro-comp-dead-florida.html)

billj 01-25-2014 06:47 AM

Re: Is 2.2 Pro Comp Dead In Florida????????

Theres not much up here either. I charged up some batteries, and put some oil in my shocks yesterday, for the first time in months. I think im gonna go check out RRW Hobby's course. (Market of Marion)

stelerzman 01-25-2014 09:55 PM

Please post you opinion and pic's.

stubs179 01-26-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billj (Post 4643391)
Theres not much up here either. I charged up some batteries, and put some oil in my shocks yesterday, for the first time in months. I think im gonna go check out RRW Hobby's course. (Market of Marion)

If you want to drive out to the beach I found an awesome spot at Hosreshoe beach. There is also a good spot in Crystal River.

stubs179 01-26-2014 08:02 AM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psm6ojuonp.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps7a06ea7d.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psztqrcsef.jpg

stelerzman 01-26-2014 04:22 PM

Killer find Jeremy. Now, the only thing to find is drivers.:shock:
I'm well aware there are plenty of great places to comp, but without drivers attending, there useless.

stubs179 01-26-2014 05:54 PM

I will see if I can get something going in the summer after school ends. Maybe around the end of April?

stelerzman 01-28-2014 05:39 PM

We wish you luck. Keep us informed.:mrgreen:

stelerzman 02-11-2014 04:58 PM

This Sunday will be our 3rd State comp. This will give me a better perspective of how the 2.2pro drivers feel about competing. :roll:

Bully2RockRomper 05-14-2015 07:21 PM

Hi guys how's the scene going over there?

Just noticed this thread for i'm moving to Florida in a couple of months.

I'll have my pro rig with me so it would be great to find some good spots and enter some meets.

Where i live now there is a ZERO pro class crawling scene here, everyone is into scale its crazy, i mean each to their own but damn...the amount just staggered me.:roll:

So it would be great to find a scene in florida..but if not i'll be happy to fly to a meet, for i want to go to the vegas meet...but as for driving....just a little scared of left hand drive..you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.:ror:

rdearolf 05-15-2015 06:27 AM

Most everything here in Florida is mostly scale. Yes we have a bunch of competitions as various places but not for pro rigs. Best bet is to trade it for a wraith or build a different crawler

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdearolf (Post 5225230)
Most everything here in Florida is mostly scale. Yes we have a bunch of competitions as various places but not for pro rigs. Best bet is to trade it for a wraith or build a different crawler

Hmm bit hard to trade a $2k rig for a wraith lol.

I'm happy to travel to various meets with my pro rig for it will be a good chance to get around and see a new country.

So Vegas is on my list, and after that i'll go anywhere.

I really don't mind scale....but i'd rather take a dog for walk.

tapped-out 05-15-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper (Post 5225246)
Hmm bit hard to trade a $2k rig for a wraith lol.

I'm happy to travel to various meets with my pro rig for it will be a good chance to get around and see a new country.

So Vegas is on my list, and after that i'll go anywhere.

I really don't mind scale....but i'd rather take a dog for walk.

(Being a smart ass) I'll trade you my U4 wraith for that useless comp rig...
After you move to Florida you'll have to fly to California comp crawling is still alive here..
Pm me for pictures of the wraith for your scale gtg.
Maybe you can start up a comp crawling club when you get settled in, Good luck.

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapped-out (Post 5225341)
(Being a smart ass) I'll trade you my U4 wraith for that useless comp rig...
After you move to Florida you'll have to fly to California comp crawling is still alive here..
Pm me for pictures of the wraith for your scale gtg.
Maybe you can start up a comp crawling club when you get settled in, Good luck.

Ha ha!:lmao: "thumbsup"

Yeah for sure, would be a great excuse to head over to Cali and enter some meets, don't think i would have the time to try start a pro scene there, i would have to wait until i settle in and then see what can be done.;-)

tapped-out 05-15-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper (Post 5225528)
Ha ha!:lmao: "thumbsup"

Yeah for sure, would be a great excuse to head over to Cali and enter some meets, don't think i would have the time to try start a pro scene there, i would have to wait until i settle in and then see what can be done.;-)

Hope to see you in Las Vegas."thumbsup"

billj 05-15-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper (Post 5224996)
Hi guys how's the scene going over there?

Just noticed this thread for i'm moving to Florida in a couple of months.

I'll have my pro rig with me so it would be great to find some good spots and enter some meets.

Where i live now there is a ZERO pro class crawling scene here, everyone is into scale its crazy, i mean each to their own but damn...the amount just staggered me.:roll:

So it would be great to find a scene in florida..but if not i'll be happy to fly to a meet, for i want to go to the vegas meet...but as for driving....just a little scared of left hand drive..you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.:ror:

Where in Florida are you moving to?

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 05:39 PM

Thanks Tapped, will be my first meet/comp so will be great fun."thumbsup"

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billj (Post 5225533)
Where in Florida are you moving to?

Hi Billj, i'll moving to Tampa.;-)

stubs179 07-19-2015 08:48 PM

I think i am one of the only Comp only holdouts her in Fl. It is pretty sad because i have zero interest in scalers. I have quite a few good spots up here, about 2hr drive from Tampa. I spend a lot of time down there and have seen a couple spots that look like they might have potential? But you will probably be crawling them by yourself? PM me when you are settled and we can check out some spots when im down that way.

Bully2RockRomper 07-19-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 5264759)
I think i am one of the only Comp only holdouts her in Fl. It is pretty sad because i have zero interest in scalers. I have quite a few good spots up here, about 2hr drive from Tampa. I spend a lot of time down there and have seen a couple spots that look like they might have potential? But you will probably be crawling them by yourself? PM me when you are settled and we can check out some spots when im down that way.

Sounds great. Scale i just have ZERO time for also.

I'm having visa issues at the moment, so trip has been delayed somewhat, but once i'm there i'll let you know for sure. I stopped my pro rig build because i was moving there soon...anyway will keep in touch amigo."thumbsup"