RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Florida (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   Is 2.2 Pro Comp Dead In Florida???????? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/478880-2-2-pro-comp-dead-florida.html)

stelerzman 01-17-2014 06:49 PM

Is 2.2 Pro Comp Dead In Florida????????

Post your thoughts.

billj 01-18-2014 05:24 AM

Re: Is 2.2 Pro Comp Dead In Florida????????

Sure looks that way! Sad as it is to say.

gst 01-18-2014 08:11 AM

Dead

nappahdog 01-18-2014 08:24 AM

looks like the three of you should hold a comp series...

stelerzman 01-18-2014 04:40 PM

That's the problem.

richardgarrett56 01-19-2014 06:08 AM

. I just didn't want to do the 5hr drive...:flipoff:

hbj069 01-19-2014 06:30 AM

yall can join the rest of us stragglers and the georgia stragglers at LRC anytime"thumbsup"

stelerzman 01-20-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbj069 (Post 4634932)
yall can join the rest of us stragglers and the georgia stragglers at LRC anytime"thumbsup"

So, what's the word on ECC? Any info?

stubs179 01-21-2014 05:38 PM

It's a bummer around here for sure. I wish there was something going on.

stubs179 01-21-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbj069 (Post 4634932)

There's nothing in the middle? I'm half tempted to go to a ETRC comp because they seem to still pull decent numbers. If I was up your way I would go to all of their comps.

stelerzman 01-21-2014 10:19 PM

So far we've only had 4 different drivers attend the first 2 State comps, 2 of which are Gst and me. The other two are Elsewhere, from North Dakota and richardgarrett56. This is VERY concerning.:evil:

If this is the way the 2.2 pro class is heading to, then I'm done, I won't waste my time, efforts and money continuing to keep it afloat.

stubs179 01-22-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelerzman (Post 4638733)
So far we've only had 4 different drivers attend the first 2 State comps, 4 of which are Gst and me. The other two are Elsewhere, from North Dakota and richardgarrett56. This is VERY concerning.:evil:

If this is the way the 2.2 pro class is heading to, then I'm done, I won't waste my time, efforts and money continuing to keep it afloat.

I understand how you feel. The first comp I went to after I moved out here had about 8 people. It was a decent turn out and then the numbers just dropped and now I think I am the only one in the area that crawls. It's a shame because I have found some nice places to have a comp around here that are very accessible. And New Symerna would be an awesome meet in the middle place. I am not even sure how you go about finding people to get into the hobby?

There is no way I can make it down anymore because I started back to school. It sucks because I enjoy hanging out and driving with you guys.

stelerzman 01-22-2014 06:32 AM

It looks like we are doomed.:evil::x

billj 01-22-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelerzman (Post 4638952)
It looks like we are doomed.:evil::x

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, say it aint so:cry::cry:

version_three 01-22-2014 08:37 PM

I'm only just now getting my stuff back together after i-cant-remember-how-long. I'm a little over an hour south of stubs - seems like everyone else within an hour of me only runs scalers these days.

stelerzman 01-22-2014 08:39 PM

Only thing I can say is, if attendance doesn't increase I have no reason to continue.:cry:

stubs179 01-23-2014 05:23 AM

I don't plan on stopping. I enjoy driving as much as comping. I will get to the comps I can, wherever they are when I can. Maybe it will pick up again someday?

version_three 01-23-2014 05:51 AM

We can hope. One of these days i wanna get up there again. That big stuff is way better than what i have local

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

billj 01-23-2014 07:25 AM

Hey v-3, where r u located? I'm in Lady Lake. Maybe we can get together and do some crawling.

version_three 01-23-2014 07:34 AM

I'm in Deltona, about an hour from you. My electronics are currently all over my table but should be back in one piece soon. Are there any good spots out your way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

billj 01-25-2014 06:47 AM

Theres not much up here either. I charged up some batteries, and put some oil in my shocks yesterday, for the first time in months. I think im gonna go check out RRW Hobby's course. (Market of Marion)

stelerzman 01-25-2014 09:55 PM

Please post you opinion and pic's.

stubs179 01-26-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billj (Post 4643391)
Theres not much up here either. I charged up some batteries, and put some oil in my shocks yesterday, for the first time in months. I think im gonna go check out RRW Hobby's course. (Market of Marion)

If you want to drive out to the beach I found an awesome spot at Hosreshoe beach. There is also a good spot in Crystal River.

stubs179 01-26-2014 08:02 AM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psm6ojuonp.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps7a06ea7d.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psztqrcsef.jpg

stelerzman 01-26-2014 04:22 PM

Killer find Jeremy. Now, the only thing to find is drivers.:shock:
I'm well aware there are plenty of great places to comp, but without drivers attending, there useless.

stubs179 01-26-2014 05:54 PM

I will see if I can get something going in the summer after school ends. Maybe around the end of April?

stelerzman 01-28-2014 05:39 PM

We wish you luck. Keep us informed.:mrgreen:

stelerzman 02-11-2014 04:58 PM

This Sunday will be our 3rd State comp. This will give me a better perspective of how the 2.2pro drivers feel about competing. :roll:

Bully2RockRomper 05-14-2015 07:21 PM

Hi guys how's the scene going over there?

Just noticed this thread for i'm moving to Florida in a couple of months.

I'll have my pro rig with me so it would be great to find some good spots and enter some meets.

Where i live now there is a ZERO pro class crawling scene here, everyone is into scale its crazy, i mean each to their own but damn...the amount just staggered me.:roll:

So it would be great to find a scene in florida..but if not i'll be happy to fly to a meet, for i want to go to the vegas meet...but as for driving....just a little scared of left hand drive..you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.:ror:

rdearolf 05-15-2015 06:27 AM

Most everything here in Florida is mostly scale. Yes we have a bunch of competitions as various places but not for pro rigs. Best bet is to trade it for a wraith or build a different crawler

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdearolf (Post 5225230)
Most everything here in Florida is mostly scale. Yes we have a bunch of competitions as various places but not for pro rigs. Best bet is to trade it for a wraith or build a different crawler

Hmm bit hard to trade a $2k rig for a wraith lol.

I'm happy to travel to various meets with my pro rig for it will be a good chance to get around and see a new country.

So Vegas is on my list, and after that i'll go anywhere.

I really don't mind scale....but i'd rather take a dog for walk.

tapped-out 05-15-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper (Post 5225246)
Hmm bit hard to trade a $2k rig for a wraith lol.

I'm happy to travel to various meets with my pro rig for it will be a good chance to get around and see a new country.

So Vegas is on my list, and after that i'll go anywhere.

I really don't mind scale....but i'd rather take a dog for walk.

(Being a smart ass) I'll trade you my U4 wraith for that useless comp rig...
After you move to Florida you'll have to fly to California comp crawling is still alive here..
Pm me for pictures of the wraith for your scale gtg.
Maybe you can start up a comp crawling club when you get settled in, Good luck.

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapped-out (Post 5225341)
(Being a smart ass) I'll trade you my U4 wraith for that useless comp rig...
After you move to Florida you'll have to fly to California comp crawling is still alive here..
Pm me for pictures of the wraith for your scale gtg.
Maybe you can start up a comp crawling club when you get settled in, Good luck.

Ha ha!:lmao: "thumbsup"

Yeah for sure, would be a great excuse to head over to Cali and enter some meets, don't think i would have the time to try start a pro scene there, i would have to wait until i settle in and then see what can be done.;-)

tapped-out 05-15-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper (Post 5225528)
Ha ha!:lmao: "thumbsup"

Yeah for sure, would be a great excuse to head over to Cali and enter some meets, don't think i would have the time to try start a pro scene there, i would have to wait until i settle in and then see what can be done.;-)

Hope to see you in Las Vegas."thumbsup"

billj 05-15-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper (Post 5224996)
Hi guys how's the scene going over there?

Just noticed this thread for i'm moving to Florida in a couple of months.

I'll have my pro rig with me so it would be great to find some good spots and enter some meets.

Where i live now there is a ZERO pro class crawling scene here, everyone is into scale its crazy, i mean each to their own but damn...the amount just staggered me.:roll:

So it would be great to find a scene in florida..but if not i'll be happy to fly to a meet, for i want to go to the vegas meet...but as for driving....just a little scared of left hand drive..you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.:ror:

Where in Florida are you moving to?

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 05:39 PM

Thanks Tapped, will be my first meet/comp so will be great fun."thumbsup"

Bully2RockRomper 05-15-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billj (Post 5225533)
Where in Florida are you moving to?

Hi Billj, i'll moving to Tampa.;-)

stubs179 07-19-2015 08:48 PM

I think i am one of the only Comp only holdouts her in Fl. It is pretty sad because i have zero interest in scalers. I have quite a few good spots up here, about 2hr drive from Tampa. I spend a lot of time down there and have seen a couple spots that look like they might have potential? But you will probably be crawling them by yourself? PM me when you are settled and we can check out some spots when im down that way.

Bully2RockRomper 07-19-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 5264759)
I think i am one of the only Comp only holdouts her in Fl. It is pretty sad because i have zero interest in scalers. I have quite a few good spots up here, about 2hr drive from Tampa. I spend a lot of time down there and have seen a couple spots that look like they might have potential? But you will probably be crawling them by yourself? PM me when you are settled and we can check out some spots when im down that way.

Sounds great. Scale i just have ZERO time for also.

I'm having visa issues at the moment, so trip has been delayed somewhat, but once i'm there i'll let you know for sure. I stopped my pro rig build because i was moving there soon...anyway will keep in touch amigo."thumbsup"