Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Coven quest - oct 18 & 19 - belleviewe fl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Coven quest - oct 18 & 19 - belleviewe fl

Im pumped I'm getting parts in these next couple days and am super stoked to put my Yeti through its paces and i pre registered yesterday. Heres the Yeti a couple weeks ago

Last edited by TT17; 10-14-2014 at 08:03 AM.
TT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

TT17, did you get some lights for it?
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I'll be there Saturday morning with a herd from the First Coast Bashers! 4-6 of us all packed in one suburban....
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Yep i have the Helios Rc light bar along with a yeah racing dark LED kit. And I've got some big bike lights with head mounts so i should hopefully have enough light. The helios bar on the yeti has 500 lumens and the head lamp ill wear has 900 lumens.
TT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #25

5 friendly folks coming from AshevilleRC. We can't wait!
Greenskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Tick tock, 2 days and counting.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

The FCB group from Jax FL will be out representing..
jeepgeek2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

The RCTogether team will be there, hope to get some YouTube footage if we are not too busy driving!!

RCTogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Room booked! North Orlando represent
MX4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Stink-Bait and I just rolled in.. All the way from South Carolina and waiting for our NC buddies to get in!

Last edited by wilbywise; 10-17-2014 at 12:43 AM.
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #31

On the way!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Had the Axial Coven Quest Recon G6 at RRW Hobbies. What a great event. It was so good to see old and new drivers, this hobby brings the best people together.Had a nice turn out, had drivers from Fl, Mississippi, North Carolina,South Carolina, Georgia, etc. Thanks to Axial and all the sponsors, this was my first G6, definitely wont be my last. Had a great time. And I was fortunate enough to get "Driver of the Day" award, in the 1.9 class, in the day stage. Im very pleased. Was great to meet Brian Parker and Josh Harris, Michele got a kick out of him. She wanted a picture with "the crazy guy wearing the kilt,with the funny shoes" lol Also thanks to John, Robin, and Jeff at RRW Hobbies for all their hard work Gotta love the special Trophy

Last edited by billj; 10-20-2014 at 04:57 PM.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

pretty stoked to have won the most scale truck- my 1.5 Bronco was representing FSTR! We had a blast, Panda even won Drivin' Diva! Cant wait for the next one (even if we have to travel to go to it!) The special stage at the night course was my favorite- made it through slow and steady with the Bronco, and kept the pingpong ball on the bottle cap all the way! (damn that mud was NASTY!)

L.R.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

It was fun, I had a blast discovering how capable the stock scx10 was, however I was confused about some things. I would think as an organized, scored event, it should have been run a lot different. We had 100 drivers right? So 50 should have drove while the other 50 scored, then flip once the last person finished. The self scoring thing I wasn't too keen about. The course should have been run either clockwise or counter-clockwise instead of starting here and run gates 62 to 78, then driving all the way over to the other side of the property to continue the course. There should have been more time spacing of drivers instead of 25 hitting one part of the course at the same time. I had people running up on me nearly all day instead of waiting their turn to go, and at the same time getting frustrated because some people just couldn't grasp the concept of choosing a line to get them through. I got stuck behind one driver who was completely clueless. Attending a big event is no time to practice driving skills. I understand it's all about having fun, but I like to actually compete against other drivers. I had no idea that G6's were run this way. But I'll definitely be back for other events...and with my rig instead of a borrowed one.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #35

The ashevilleRC crew had a blast running with our brothers from SC. Very well done event with fun had by all! Course was very technical and challenging in many ways. Hidden items were fun to find and a challenge also. Hole punch got legs at some point? But hey I DNF and still had a blast! Thanks to all at RRW and Brian Parker, and all the sponsors!
Found the doll on the night run and got hooked up with a 400 Lumen Rigid led!!! Wow bright doesn't begin to describe it.
Thanks so much! See yall G6's soon!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Cr4wl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #37
RCC Addict

So I'm curious. ...... How does someone "Place First" in an event that's scored by the drivers themselves? I completed the day course without a single winch and zero gates touched so why was I not in contention to win, no winch, no gates, no hands of god, no repairs, hell a few spots i got stuck helping people over an obstacle with my pull rope oh well. To me in an event like this if you say ypu placed first its like saying you had a threessome with Meghan Fox and Taylot Swift, would be awesome but it probably never happened. Dont get me wrong I had a blast and I know how I did and my day over all was awesome but if its going to be a competition there need to be people scoring other than the driver themselves or at the beginning you might as well say fill out ypur score cards now and hand them in. But it was a blast and enjoyed the course . Very well built course.

AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Did you find anything on the course, the notes, the stamps, the hole punches, trail items anything like that.. You weren't just running the course you were also looking for things to collect, which was difficult the way this was setup but still it wasn't just a finishing thing it was about the stuff you found along the way..

On another note, I can't believe the amount of complaints that I have heard about this event.. I mean really, could it have been better, I'm sure but that goes with any event that is ever held no matter the sport. It just amazes me that the littlest things people get bent over, this was a "fun run" type of event that brought scalers together from a lot of different places. I for one had a blast and can't wait for the next one already. You take away an experience and being able to hang out with people that love the same thing, if winning something is the only way you have fun then maybe this isn't the hobby you should be in..
Now I do agree that the scoring system is shotty but at the same time it kinda disgust me that people will/did cheat, it's a shame really because you're only cheating yourself..

Thank you Parker, Josh Harris, RRW and all of the sponsors for a stellar event!!

Last edited by RebelRacer; 10-20-2014 at 07:16 AM.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
Did you find anything on the course, the notes, the stamps, the hole punches, trail items anything like that.. You weren't just running the course you were also looking for things to collect, which was difficult the way this was setup but still it wasn't just a finishing thing it was about the stuff you found along the way..

On another note, I can't believe the amount of complaints that I have heard about this event.. I mean really, could it have been better, I'm sure but that goes with any event that is ever held no matter the sport. It just amazes me that the littlest things people get bent over, this was a "fun run" type of event that brought scalers together from a lot of different places. I for one had a blast and can't wait for the next one already. You take away an experience and being able to hang out with people that love the same thing, if winning something is the only way you have fun then maybe this isn't the hobby you should be in..
Now I do agree that the scoring system is shotty but at the same time it kinda disgust me that people will/did cheat, it's a shame really because you're only cheating yourself..

Thank you Parker, Josh Harris, RRW and all of the sponsors for a stellar event!!

Yes we did, and thats why its a little frustrating for someone to say they took first place in an event that was scored by the driver themselves including finding items such as flowers, stamps, noting wrongly marked gates, double gates, driving 3 gates in reverse from the driver stand because numbers are always on your right. From the driver stand there were 2 gates over the rocks that were placed wrong but we drove them backwards and after we completed it Parker fixed the gates. But its those type of things that its comical when someone says they took first place in an event scored by the driver and wins because they found more stamps.

Either way, Ronnie.... JD..... Nick..... Tobitt.....Ryland we all know how each other did, I think we all did great and cant wait for the next one. We will def be going out there in January.

And dont get me wrong I had a an amazing time and enjoyed the living snot out of the course and event. But like you said it could have been done slightly different here and there. My main comment is on people claiming to have won or took a certain place in an event that you scored yourself. Thats what I find entertaining.

Last edited by AsILayDying; 10-20-2014 at 08:09 AM.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #40
Looking for new Trails

Hold on guys from what I understand and was told it was not about how you did on the course the winners were picked randomly and its all about haveing fun not winning or who scored the best

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 10-20-2014 at 10:35 AM.
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Coven quest - oct 18 & 19 - belleviewe fl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Recon G6 - Coven Quest G6 - October 18/19th 2014 wilbywise South Carolina 71 11-07-2014 03:31 PM
Coven Quest G6 event map and lodging information stelerzman Florida 32 10-14-2014 06:28 AM
AXIAL RECON G6 "Coven Quest" Registration is open yoda@4x4 Alabama 2 08-02-2014 03:43 PM