Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: where in orlando ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default where in orlando ????

orlando crawler where are the spot at I been looking but nothing!!! ..
k20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I haven't found too much around Orlando, so far the best spots in central fl are the Sanford bridge, Newred hobbies in Ocala, the Skyway rest stop in Tampa, then there are spots further out in Gainesville and Jacksonville.

There is usually something going on or someone out at at least one of those places every weekend.
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by version_three View Post
I haven't found too much around Orlando, so far the best spots in central fl are the Sanford bridge, Newred hobbies in Ocala, the Skyway rest stop in Tampa, then there are spots further out in Gainesville and Jacksonville.

There is usually something going on or someone out at at least one of those places every weekend.

is there somethink goen on tomrorrow sunday ?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Dunno bout anywhere else, but I'm gonna run a pack or two through my fastback out in Sanford in the morn. Prolly get out there around 9-930
Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I wish I could help you, spent 5 yrs at UCF. You'd think I'd know where the rocks are there. I wish I'd been crawling in 05'. I have little doubt that something "comp worthy" will be found. There are hundreds of parks and bridges in Orlando. If its under a bridge, hopefully its granite. Sanford aint bad, its actually cool for scalers. You could setup courses there, its viable, just not optimal.

I do have a couple friends that don't crawl, now that they have seen it, they are looking up there as well. Just keep searching, thats what we are doing down here.

If there is a comp spot in Otown, it will be found
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Anyone every tried , any of the jetty's at any of the beaches etc ?
1qwkfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Local beaches, no. Its a min 45 minutes to Cocoa, never found anywhere to crawl. New Symerna is about 1 hr, and if you go south along the beach to Bethune, there are some great coquina rock walls on the beach. I know there are people exploring orlando, but they do want local. lol Meanwhile they dont realize that I travel 1 1/2 hrs to homestead to go to Goulds. A good semi local spot will be found, just gotta explore orlando more. Check the parks, maybe one will have some cool rock formation.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
Local beaches, no. Its a min 45 minutes to Cocoa, never found anywhere to crawl. New Symerna is about 1 hr, and if you go south along the beach to Bethune, there are some great coquina rock walls on the beach. I know there are people exploring orlando, but they do want local. lol Meanwhile they dont realize that I travel 1 1/2 hrs to homestead to go to Goulds. A good semi local spot will be found, just gotta explore orlando more. Check the parks, maybe one will have some cool rock formation.
An hour to 90 min ain't so bad, but over 2 hours one way starts to get painful. I might try to get out toward the beaches this weekend to look around since I'm only 20 min south of Daytona.

I'd love to find another spot closer to home than ocala/g-ville or the skyway - honestly I'm getting tired of Sanford.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I started a thread on Bethune Beach, its definately an option.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...53#post3027253

I got there when I'm in the area, great for pics. I think there's enough room for a bunch of courses, but haven't been back reciently to set up a test run.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

guys lest keep this thread open for orlando spots, I was dreving around orlando but not luck, I will continue tomorrow maybe in the morning !!!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Anybody every thought of a mini golf course? They usually have some cool fake mountains. I dunno if they'd let you or not, but they might. There are a few cool ones on the west side of orlando around the theme parks.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
Anybody every thought of a mini golf course? They usually have some cool fake mountains. I dunno if they'd let you or not, but they might. There are a few cool ones on the west side of orlando around the theme parks.

yes wane I goint to take a look today on 192 kissimmee cux the is some avandon mini golf course
Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #13

Hey guys. I do not know of any local spots. I have a large backyard and am open to building a course. I live in Dr. Phillips. Anyone interested in building a course let me know!!!
orlandocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandocrawler View Post
Hey guys. I do not know of any local spots. I have a large backyard and am open to building a course. I live in Dr. Phillips. Anyone interested in building a course let me know!!!
I can offer cheap labor from time to time
Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandocrawler View Post

hey man I am in hunter creeck and I been looking I can help you I have some knowlege kinda building course you can check my thread of the indoor course in miami indoor crawling soth florida is not finish cux I move to orlando ...

and today guys I found a posible new spot in kissimmee !!!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

http://orlando.craigslist.org/zip/2309489837.html

Free rocks , that look to be of decent size.
1qwkfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

well guys I found this place east lake fish camp in kissimmee is about 20 minute from disney!! is not that big!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=UTF8&view=map

lmk if any one wants to meet here!!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Thats not too far from the office for me... I wouldn't mind meeting up out there after work some time.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

guys looking for peaple that wants to crawl this sunday at the fishing camp lmk if any one outhere interested pm me

Ill be there @ 10 sss 11 am untill whatever!!

thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

around sand/rock mines in fla there are usually places they dump their rock........and the mini golf courses sometimes rent out to parties.....if its a cool course and enuff ppl want to come it might be worth it for a comp or something.....also some of the state parks, like rock springs in apopka.....not huge, and there are some nice rocks around the main spring....but its pretty crowded most of the time...
rybredd is offline   Reply With Quote