Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Panhandle Crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #1

Default Panhandle Crawlers?

My wife and I are moving back to florida soon and I am looking for enough property to build a course on. However we are having a hard time deciding what part. I was looking on here and it looks like there isn't much action out near the panhandle. I really would like to move to somewhere that is more centralized and closer to the crawler community personally. But figured I may be missing something and ya'll could shed some light on the subject. Thanks for any info ya'll can give me.
mrbuggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Panhandle Crawlers?

Seems like North Central Florida is more of a hot spot. I don't do the FB thing but I hear that's the best way to find local crawlers.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. We are looking in central florida right now so hopefully I'll be close enough to the action.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:55 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Right on brother! Where you looking? What kind of work you do? You have a job here already?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Right on brother! Where you looking? What kind of work you do? You have a job here already?
We are looking in the Ocala area right now. We were thinking panhandle but decided central would suit us better. I do I.T. work but have experience in alot of fields lol. I have a few prospects but nothing lined up per sey.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:04 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Right on that's cool. I'm just south of Ocala. Lived in this area most of my life. Me and my wife are both Ocala area natives. If you have any questions about the area feel free to ask. You'll have to let me know when you get down this way and settled in. So we can go crawl something.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
RCC Addict

What kind of rig you running? Where in Florida did you use to live?
Old 02-07-2019, 11:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Right on that's cool. I'm just south of Ocala. Lived in this area most of my life. Me and my wife are both Ocala area natives. If you have any questions about the area feel free to ask. You'll have to let me know when you get down this way and settled in. So we can go crawl something.
Yeah I'll definately get ahold of you when we get down there. I'll be needing someone to help me find all the good crawling spots lol.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #9

Quote:
What kind of rig you running? Where in Florida did you use to live?
Right now I have a few that I am working on. A couple of wraiths a gmade r1 and a gmade komodo. I'm hoping to have at least 2 builds up and ready to go before we get there lol. I was stationed at Cecil Field for awhile and my wife grew up in the jacksonville area where her family is still.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:27 AM   #10
RCC Addict

When you guys looking like till you're moving this way? Don't know how much research you've done about the area, but there are a few bad spots to stay clear of. Marion oaks, silver springs shores & Ocala park estates are the main ones I can think of. I'm Justin by the way. What's your name brotha? You have kids? I have two crazy girls 3 & 5 yrs old. Navy man huh? Thank you for your service brotha. Haven't been up towards Jacksonville In years. Some good skateparks up there we use to go to allot when I was a younger single guy. Had to find me a hobby with a little less chance of bodily harm. LoL!

Right on! I have a Trx-4, Scx10 Dingo and a couple losi micros (still in pieces). Also have a pretty fun rock course in my backyard. I was looking at the R1 before I bought my Trx. Just like the cage body look. Working on turning my Trx into a truggy here soon. Always finding some kind of tinkering to do on these things.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:40 AM   #11

We are going to be looking to move down around june or july time frame. I'm actually looking at some land in citra right now. My names Dee. Our kids are grown now. I have 2 graduating this year so they are 18 19 20 lol. Now it's time for us to have our fun hahaha.
I like the cage body look as well. I want to get the R1 done and then I have a metal tube framed wraith I want to build. After that I'm moving onto a bully chassis. At least that's the direction I want to go. I really like the bodiless chassis. I'm trying to get enough land to at least build a decent little course in case I can't get out to any local ones. I can always host or just crawl around in the back yard lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Right on! Nothing like moving furniture in the heat of the summer. I like that area up that way. North Marion county has some really pretty hilly/rocky areas. I still have some years before we get to that point. Still waiting for one to start school. LoL! I really like the tubers, but fell in love with the Trx-4. Extremely dependable, tuff and capable. When you get going on your course build I have a couple donations that I didn't end up using on my course. Ran outta room. If they don't get the road through the area I get my rocks from before you get to building. I have a good free source for them as well. Looking forward to meeting you Dee. Feel free to hit me up anytime. Even if it's just to bounce an idea or issue off me. I love to tinker and really enjoy helping others with whatever I'm able to.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Right on! Nothing like moving furniture in the heat of the summer. I like that area up that way. North Marion county has some really pretty hilly/rocky areas. I still have some years before we get to that point. Still waiting for one to start school. LoL! I really like the tubers, but fell in love with the Trx-4. Extremely dependable, tuff and capable. When you get going on your course build I have a couple donations that I didn't end up using on my course. Ran outta room. If they don't get the road through the area I get my rocks from before you get to building. I have a good free source for them as well. Looking forward to meeting you Dee. Feel free to hit me up anytime. Even if it's just to bounce an idea or issue off me. I love to tinker and really enjoy helping others with whatever I'm able to.
Yeah but it'll be the best time for us actually. We are looking at 5 pieces of land that all adjoin each other so she gets her piece for the house and I get the others for my shop and course and whatever else lol. It'll go by quick so watch out. Seems like yesterday I was changing diapers and in may I'll be watching the youngest graduate lol. I'll definately get ahold of you with any issues or questions and for sure wehen we get settled in. You can help me design my course lol.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:00 AM   #14
RCC Addict

That's awesome! How much land will it end up being with all 5 together? Have you guys been down to walk it yet? Building a house or is there one already? It already is going fast. Can't believe the oldest is reading me books now. I'm definitely down to help with the course and anything else if I can.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #15

Quote:
That's awesome! How much land will it end up being with all 5 together? Have you guys been down to walk it yet? Building a house or is there one already? It already is going fast. Can't believe the oldest is reading me books now. I'm definitely down to help with the course and anything else if I can.
The total of everything I believe is only a little over an acre unfortunately but it's all together so I'm sacrificing lol. We are buying it just from the pics I think. Don't really have the time to come down and walk it but I may get my father in law to check it before we sign anything. It's just undeveloped land right now. We'll prolly just get a double wide and have it all done at once. I'm going to do one of those big sheds on my side for all my rc stuff and anything else she doesn't want in the house lol. Yeah I'll definately get ahold of you to come help me work on it. And then you'll have to come up and hang out work on trucks and crawl with me lol. We're super stoked to get there. The next few months can't go fast enough for us.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #16

Animal I sent you a message. Check your inbox.

Panhandle Crawlers? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th BC-Brian Massachusetts 39 10-16-2012 04:41 PM
Rock Crawlers of ATL. 10/18/08 Sponsored by Sinastir Crawlers TLTRyan Competitions 24 10-20-2008 07:02 AM
Any body in the TX panhandle area?? quads4_life Texas 0 01-28-2008 09:34 PM
anyone from the northern panhandle of wv? davidcrawls Chit Chat 2 07-18-2006 09:49 PM