RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Florida (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   RRW Retirement Krawl (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/607622-rrw-retirement-krawl.html)

AnimalHippie 04-01-2019 09:04 AM

RRW Retirement Krawl

April 13 at RRW for the last comp. John and Robin are retiring to TN and will no longer be running RRW Fl. There might be someone else taking it over. I'm not sure yet. Let's make this a big event for these guys to see how much we're gonna miss them. "thumbsup"

spoo76 04-08-2019 07:33 AM

Re: RRW Retirement Krawl

I wish I could make this event since I've never been able to attend. Would be a nice 41st bday present to myself lol

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

NABeast 04-09-2019 05:30 PM

I’m going to try and make it. I need to ride one more time before they close. So where else is there to crawl in central Florida? I hear Newred in Ocala has a crawler area? I guess natural places are far and few, all Florida has is sand.

AnimalHippie 04-10-2019 08:48 AM

I'm trying to get to go but right now it's not looking good. I've heard someone else is going to take it over so it will still be around. There is also the tiny truck trail at the vortex pit on the Santos bike trail. It's about 10 min drive from RRW and is a great spot to crawl. I have a 13' x 16' crawl course in my backyard and building a trail at my in-laws house. Other then that there's some spots in the villages that's pretty much rip rap and Moss Bluff lock and dam on the low side that has allot of rip rap but only when water level is low. Don't think New Red has their crawl course going yet. If you end up coming up to the vortex pit or RRW get ahold of me. I'm always down to crawl some shit and to meet new people.

NABeast 04-10-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalHippie (Post 5926344)
I'm trying to get to go but right now it's not looking good. I've heard someone else is going to take it over so it will still be around. There is also the tiny truck trail at the vortex pit on the Santos bike trail. It's about 10 min drive from RRW and is a great spot to crawl. I have a 13' x 16' crawl course in my backyard and building a trail at my in-laws house. Other then that there's some spots in the villages that's pretty much rip rap and Moss Bluff lock and dam on the low side that has allot of rip rap but only when water level is low. Don't think New Red has their crawl course going yet. If you end up coming up to the vortex pit or RRW get ahold of me. I'm always down to crawl some shit and to meet new people.

Thanks for the reply and info "thumbsup". It’s good to hear someone else may be taking over at RRW. I will definitely be in touch. I’m definitely down to check out some local spots.

pdm56 04-11-2019 07:26 AM

I want to shake down a new rig....is there practice Friday? Thanks.

AnimalHippie 04-11-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdm56 (Post 5926674)
I want to shake down a new rig....is there practice Friday? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they are open on Friday think it's $5 to run all you want. Other wise go the the vortex pit. Go through the first gate fallow the road back to the second gate where there's a little map/info board go just past that right behind that fence on the left side is the tiny truck trail. Should be a flag or something there. At least an hour of trailing. It's a great spot. Just remember mountain bikes have the right of way, but there shouldn't be any bikes on the tiny truck trail. Here's a video I shot out there a couple weeks back. https://youtu.be/zyF-qQzN4l8 How often you get to go run your rig bro? I'm in summerfield about 5 mins from RRW. Trying to find someone local for an after work run at the vortex one afternoon. Should go crawl some rocks together.

pdm56 04-11-2019 06:55 PM

Thank you. Video looks good. I am looking forward to meeting people in the area.

NABeast 04-14-2019 07:28 AM

Well I didn’t end up being able to make it to the retirement crawl, I’m going to head over today for a while though.

NABeast 04-14-2019 03:48 PM

I went to RRW today, it was a pretty good turn out. There is a new owner that’s going to keep it going, his name is Richard, seems like a really cool guy. Glad to see that its going to keep going strong.

AnimalHippie 04-15-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NABeast (Post 5927510)
I went to RRW today, it was a pretty good turn out. There is a new owner that’s going to keep it going, his name is Richard, seems like a really cool guy. Glad to see that its going to keep going strong.

That's awesome! Glad to know someone is going to keep it alive! Gonna miss John and Robin. Great people! Gotta all get together sometime soon and go crawl something