Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: RRW Retirement Krawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 09:04 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default RRW Retirement Krawl

April 13 at RRW for the last comp. John and Robin are retiring to TN and will no longer be running RRW Fl. There might be someone else taking it over. I'm not sure yet. Let's make this a big event for these guys to see how much we're gonna miss them.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RRW Retirement Krawl

I wish I could make this event since I've never been able to attend. Would be a nice 41st bday present to myself lol

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I’m going to try and make it. I need to ride one more time before they close. So where else is there to crawl in central Florida? I hear Newred in Ocala has a crawler area? I guess natural places are far and few, all Florida has is sand.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm trying to get to go but right now it's not looking good. I've heard someone else is going to take it over so it will still be around. There is also the tiny truck trail at the vortex pit on the Santos bike trail. It's about 10 min drive from RRW and is a great spot to crawl. I have a 13' x 16' crawl course in my backyard and building a trail at my in-laws house. Other then that there's some spots in the villages that's pretty much rip rap and Moss Bluff lock and dam on the low side that has allot of rip rap but only when water level is low. Don't think New Red has their crawl course going yet. If you end up coming up to the vortex pit or RRW get ahold of me. I'm always down to crawl some shit and to meet new people.

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 04-10-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
I'm trying to get to go but right now it's not looking good. I've heard someone else is going to take it over so it will still be around. There is also the tiny truck trail at the vortex pit on the Santos bike trail. It's about 10 min drive from RRW and is a great spot to crawl. I have a 13' x 16' crawl course in my backyard and building a trail at my in-laws house. Other then that there's some spots in the villages that's pretty much rip rap and Moss Bluff lock and dam on the low side that has allot of rip rap but only when water level is low. Don't think New Red has their crawl course going yet. If you end up coming up to the vortex pit or RRW get ahold of me. I'm always down to crawl some shit and to meet new people.
Thanks for the reply and info . It’s good to hear someone else may be taking over at RRW. I will definitely be in touch. I’m definitely down to check out some local spots.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #6

I want to shake down a new rig....is there practice Friday? Thanks.
pdm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm56 View Post
I want to shake down a new rig....is there practice Friday? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure they are open on Friday think it's $5 to run all you want. Other wise go the the vortex pit. Go through the first gate fallow the road back to the second gate where there's a little map/info board go just past that right behind that fence on the left side is the tiny truck trail. Should be a flag or something there. At least an hour of trailing. It's a great spot. Just remember mountain bikes have the right of way, but there shouldn't be any bikes on the tiny truck trail. Here's a video I shot out there a couple weeks back. https://youtu.be/zyF-qQzN4l8 How often you get to go run your rig bro? I'm in summerfield about 5 mins from RRW. Trying to find someone local for an after work run at the vortex one afternoon. Should go crawl some rocks together.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #8

Thank you. Video looks good. I am looking forward to meeting people in the area.
pdm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Well I didn’t end up being able to make it to the retirement crawl, I’m going to head over today for a while though.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:48 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I went to RRW today, it was a pretty good turn out. There is a new owner that’s going to keep it going, his name is Richard, seems like a really cool guy. Glad to see that its going to keep going strong.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABeast View Post
I went to RRW today, it was a pretty good turn out. There is a new owner that’s going to keep it going, his name is Richard, seems like a really cool guy. Glad to see that its going to keep going strong.
That's awesome! Glad to know someone is going to keep it alive! Gonna miss John and Robin. Great people! Gotta all get together sometime soon and go crawl something

RRW Retirement Krawl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Military Transition - Retirement Greatscott Chit Chat 4 03-04-2012 06:52 PM
I'm pullin the King out of retirement. Jsfucttruck HPI Wheely King 12 03-18-2011 12:33 PM
JK Rubiclod crashed into retirement. :) muddeprived Videos! 8 12-21-2008 08:14 PM