Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Uste 2023

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2022, 04:58 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Uste 2023

USTE 2023 February 17th-19th.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm getting pretty stoked! I've been wanting to go for the past few years. This time around in going! Unfortunately it will only be for Saturday, but that's better then not at all.

I would like to meet some of my brothers from the forum. Who all is planning on going?

Hope everyone has a great one!!! SUPER STOKED!!!!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2022, 06:22 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Uste 2023

I'd love to travel down to Florida to attend USTE some year. Probably not going to happen this year!

Always love seeing the pics and vids! Looks like a great time!

Last edited by B-MOW71; 12-16-2022 at 06:31 AM.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 07:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I'd love to travel down to Florida to attend USTE some year. Probably not going to happen this year!

Always love seeing the pics and vids! Looks like a great time!

You should come down brother! I'm trying to get Indybama to come down too. It would be awesome to meet you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
You should come down brother! I'm trying to get Indybama to come down too. It would be awesome to meet you!

Yeah, that would be awesome! I'd love to meet both of you! Not sure I can swing it though. I already have family vacation planned for June 2023.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Im hoping to get to come down, id love to meet up with u n hopefully others from here. Sometime in april or may, im goin up to IN to take my oldest daughter to a daddy/daughter dance at her school
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #6

I too am excited to go this year. I haven't been but it seems like it's gonna be pretty awesome. I just hope my driving skills aren't too rusty lol. Looking forward to meeting some new people from the state and hopefully make some connections in my area that can point out some places to crawl locally.
mrbuggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:22 AM   #7
gst

USTE is a fantastic experience.
Vendor row is 10,000 square feet.
Well prepared trails for highly detailed rigs.
I believe there was about 950 attendees for 2022
gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 06:28 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I’m definitely excited for uste, our only local event. The price has gone up like everything else of course,so i think it’s scaring a few local people off. I’ll probably go Saturday, i hope i can get some people to go, because hanging out and riding and talking shit is what its all about for me and my friends. Some talk about how they dont want anything but “dollhouse “ trucks there and that is what its for is kinda BS. It seems the organizers don’t want lexan body trucks tearing the trails up is BS. This event gets bigger every year, and if they keep shitting on the normal guy going to have fun at an event then that just crap. We will see how the turnout is if only these true scale guys come, the organizers need to step off the high horse and make it fun for EVERYONE and stop being so pompous. I’ve talked to chris and dana, and I don’t think they are this way, but a certain attitude seems to emit from some. Either way I’m going to hopefully come at least one day year, hopefully won’t be my last uste.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 05:18 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I can't wait to go! It will be my first big RC event that I've been to.

Paul, you are more then welcome to run with us. Had a great time crawling with you last time. Anyone that has an issue with us lexan body guys can get over it! I'm pretty sure 90% of my buddies aren't running hard bodies.

Keep an eye out for my rig
Find it and the guy wearing the tye dye LockedUp RC shirt and you've found me!

Old 01-15-2023, 05:49 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Definitely man! I remember you. I was out crawling a few weeks ago and we were talking about uste, people are debating because of the price increase and if its worth it or not. Ive seen some comments about lexan trucks, like if they want to make this exclusive then expect about 10% of the turnout. The event is about people showing their build and having fun. Bringing new people into the hobby, potentially making people desire to do more scale building. Its awesome to see the builds and what they put into them, just bringing like minded people together. I think most of the fun is just crawling/trailing with your buddies talking shop and having fun.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:29 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Talking Re: Uste 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABeast View Post
Definitely man! I remember you. I was out crawling a few weeks ago and we were talking about uste, people are debating because of the price increase and if its worth it or not. Ive seen some comments about lexan trucks, like if they want to make this exclusive then expect about 10% of the turnout. The event is about people showing their build and having fun. Bringing new people into the hobby, potentially making people desire to do more scale building. Its awesome to see the builds and what they put into them, just bringing like minded people together. I think most of the fun is just crawling/trailing with your buddies talking shop and having fun.
I definitely agree about the price thing. The price has been what stopped me from going other years. It’s hard to pay that much for a day of trail riding to me. I’m not big into trailing. I prefer technical crawling. I have been wanting to go since I got into the hobby tho. Just for the experience and good times with my buddies. I don’t like that people want to down others for their preferences. It doesn’t matter if Jim wants to run 2.2s and a lexan car body. At least he’s out there enjoying and supporting the hobby. Haters will get over it and if they don’t then oh well. Look forward to getting on the trails with you again!

SUPER STOKED!!!!
Old 01-17-2023, 04:01 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Whats tickets goin for this yr? Need to see about get one n a motel for atleast one night. Im hoping i can go. Weve not had any o/t in a few months
Old 01-17-2023, 05:50 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Whats tickets goin for this yr? Need to see about get one n a motel for atleast one night. Im hoping i can go. Weve not had any o/t in a few months
Here you go brotha
https://www.ultimatescaletruckexpo.com/
Old 01-18-2023, 05:10 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Just guesstimating, for one day, a room over night, n gas there n back, not countin what i buy there n eats, is half a weeks check lol. Im goina try to make it, but no promises. May have to make a weekend trip down this summer n run trails with u brother
Old 01-18-2023, 07:00 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Just guesstimating, for one day, a room over night, n gas there n back, not countin what i buy there n eats, is half a weeks check lol. Im goina try to make it, but no promises. May have to make a weekend trip down this summer n run trails with u brother
I definitely understand if you don’t make it. That’s allot of $$$ for some trailing.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:57 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Sure nuff is. When i go to cherokee rock village, its cost me $30+ in gas. Its 168 mile round trip
Old 01-19-2023, 09:39 PM   #17

Tickets purchased and we are T-Minus 4 weeks and counting. Can't wait to get there and meet some new peeps and learn some new things. Looking forward to it for sure.
mrbuggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:43 AM   #18
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
I’m definitely excited for uste, our only local event. The price has gone up like everything else of course,so i think it’s scaring a few local people off. I’ll probably go Saturday, i hope i can get some people to go, because hanging out and riding and talking shit is what its all about for me and my friends. Some talk about how they dont want anything but “dollhouse “ trucks there and that is what its for is kinda BS. It seems the organizers don’t want lexan body trucks tearing the trails up is BS. This event gets bigger every year, and if they keep shitting on the normal guy going to have fun at an event then that just crap. We will see how the turnout is if only these true scale guys come, the organizers need to step off the high horse and make it fun for EVERYONE and stop being so pompous. I’ve talked to chris and dana, and I don’t think they are this way, but a certain attitude seems to emit from some. Either way I’m going to hopefully come at least one day year, hopefully won’t be my last uste.

The event prides itself on extreme scale accuracy, so yes, they would prefer if you leave your TRX4 Sport at home and used something that is a bit more realistic looking and smaller tires.

Ive been at USTE every year since its inception, its my kind of event because I build doll house trucks...as a matter of fact that term was even coined because of me bitching years back about how scale comps were basically becoming 2007 2.2 comps. I have been a vendor and a sponsor of the event for many years and as a GCM team driver volunteer my time in the event to help build, create, organize etc.No one is "shitting on" anyone, but yes the event organizers, myself included, put HOURS of time into grooming trails, diorama, etc so that when you are trailing with your friends its an awesome experience and when you geek out laying on the ground to get that legit photo with the gardens water in the back ground most will have to look 3x to tell its an RC. Just like wheeling in real life, I dont think its to much to ask to tread lightly and not tear everything up. With that said, no one is on a high horse or being pompus...its a scale modeling RC truck event. If you want to rip it, tear shit up, go hammers to hell there are plenty of other places to do that.

This is just my 2 cents... I dont run the event, im just a supporter who appreciates the event for what it is and I love the way Rob runs a tight ship... I drive from Long Island NY every year for it because its the best event IMO in my 28 years in this hobby.

Cya all soon!

Back to working on trucks for the event.

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:55 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.
Based upon this opinion post I've gathered several things:

#1 you have not been to any major event outside of USTE (that would be an event with greater than 500 people in attendance)
#2 You have no idea that USTE has a mission statement and everything that is done revolves around this mission.
#3 we are huge fans of dollhouse trucks. IN ANY FORM. The organization that shits on scale lexan trucks is SORCA.
#4 tearing up our trails is a one way pass to get kicked out of the event.
#5 if you think we are shitting on the" normal" guy, it's you that is getting left behind.
#6 we will NOT be stepping off of our dollhouse "high horse" because this event is not geared for everyone.
#7 this event is put on by TinyTrucks-USA I'm sure you have heard of them as they are a subsidiary of GCM-Racing.

L.R.

Last edited by LoneRanger; 01-30-2023 at 09:05 AM.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:26 AM   #20
RCC Addict

19 days!!! I’m so ready!!! I don’t have a tiny tire scale rig, but I plan on running as scale as possible. No HOG, using winches and tow straps for recovery and no crazy wheel speed. Just looking forward to a great time with like minded people.

Mike, Lone Ranger, if you guys spot me. Say something. I’m always down to meet forum brothers!

Uste 2023 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uste 2022 1BadJeepBruiser Scale Videos! 0 07-25-2022 10:17 AM
2021 uste LoneRanger Florida 4 02-22-2021 06:45 AM
Uste 2020 1BadJeepBruiser Florida 1 07-07-2020 04:32 PM
Uste 2020 JMHZ2401 Videos! 0 02-25-2020 06:38 PM
Anyone going to USTE this year? svt923 General Crawlers 18 02-21-2020 05:13 PM