Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Formula Offroad
Loading

Notices

Thread: Foff material?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Question Foff material?

What do you guys think? wk axles with wk tranny or pede tranny, i have a 3300kv motor and esc and can go 3s on it, waiting for some panther paddles.


cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen
 
TSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Internet
Posts: 5,857
Default

Tha'll do it.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Nobody
 
Cordwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 966
Default

Git'r done
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
What do you guys think? wk axles with wk tranny or pede tranny, I have a 3300kv motor and esc and can go 3s on it, waiting for some panther paddles.
WK gearbox will need steel gears and slipper
Pede gearbox already have steel gears but a lower ratio

The bearings and diff gear in the axles also need to be upgraded to HD parts

Trust me I learned the hard way

Morten
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
WK gearbox will need steel gears and slipper
Pede gearbox already have steel gears but a lower ratio

The bearings and diff gear in the axles also need to be upgraded to HD parts

Trust me I learned the hard way

Morten
Morten, thanks for the tips, the wk tranny already has the metal gears in it (learned the hard way with brushless outrunner), as for the pede tranny i have spurs in a bunch of different ratios and metal gears, only thing i am waiting for are the axle metal gears (i already have hd lockers for it) and the paddles, thanks guys for the tips
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 1,917
Default

Wow, long time no see. Looks good, Yeah I'd drop the hardened in the rear, but you could get away with sintered for the front and save yourself $20
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Wow, long time no see. Looks good, Yeah I'd drop the hardened in the rear, but you could get away with sintered for the front and save yourself $20
Hey bud, i am still around, as you can see i am recycling the wk for this project, and thanks for the tip
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Wow, long time no see. Looks good, Yeah I'd drop the hardened in the rear, but you could get away with sintered for the front and save yourself $20
Hey Gula

Morten
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Morten, thanks for the tips, the wk tranny already has the metal gears in it (learned the hard way with brushless outrunner), as for the pede tranny i have spurs in a bunch of different ratios and metal gears, only thing i am waiting for are the axle metal gears (i already have hd lockers for it) and the paddles, thanks guys for the tips

Any chance for a link to the HD gears you are putting in the axles? PUHLEEEAASE!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Any chance for a link to the HD gears you are putting in the axles? PUHLEEEAASE!
I remember them being parts for the rs4 if memory serves me right. I would have to look in the wk forum.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #11
Nobody
 
Cordwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 966
Default

I believe the ring and pinion from an E-savage are supposed to fit and be an upgrade. 13 bucks each.

See here

I just got some for my WK FOFF build but haven't had a chance to install yet.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 904
Default

These are the standard E-Savage diff
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPCZ4&P=Z

Steel WK diff
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJYM2&P=7

I have the hpi overdrive steel diff gears
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6329&search=Go

These might work as well knowing that the Ax-10 and WK use the same size diff gear
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXURG2&P=Z

Morten
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post

I have the hpi overdrive steel diff gears
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6329&search=Go

These might work as well knowing that the Ax-10 and WK use the same size diff gear
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXURG2&P=Z

Morten
Morten, thanks for the info, couple of questions, how are the o.d. gears working for you? with that ratio do you have more top end? what tranny are you running? like i mentioned i have a couple trannies for options, i am more inclined on using the pede tranny with 70 ish spur and maybe a 23t pinion on the 3800kv motor, if not i also have a 5700 k.v. motor i pulled out of my losi d.t. since i swapped a s.c. 3800kv in it.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 904
Default

Can't really tell any difference in sand
but my gps said +2mph from the standard diff (on tarmac)
They are allot stronger though
I use a īpede gearbox with a 54/18 gearing and a 3800kv, the bigger teeth last a wee bit longer than the 48p

If I had a 5700 that's what I would use


Morten
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #15
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
These are the standard E-Savage diff
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPCZ4&P=Z

Steel WK diff
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJYM2&P=7

I have the hpi overdrive steel diff gears
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6329&search=Go

These might work as well knowing that the Ax-10 and WK use the same size diff gear
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXURG2&P=Z

Morten
Thanks for all the info guys! Sorry to hi jak your thread buddy. Cant wait to see it with some paddle tires shooting a rooster tail!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Thanks for all the info guys! Sorry to hi jak your thread buddy. Cant wait to see it with some paddle tires shooting a rooster tail!
No hijacking here, it's tech and it's all good, i have to wait a little longer for my stuff to get here as customs in my country have been closed for the whole easter/ holly week holiday.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
Can't really tell any difference in sand
but my gps said +2mph from the standard diff (on tarmac)
They are allot stronger though
I use a īpede gearbox with a 54/18 gearing and a 3800kv, the bigger teeth last a wee bit longer than the 48p

If I had a 5700 that's what I would use


Morten
I followed your advice and swapped the 3800 for the mamba 5700kv, and it came alive on 60 somthing spur and 20t pinion, i have put some 2.2 imex super swampers and it's starting to look good, i will have pics up tomorrow, and hopefully by the end of the week i should have the beadlocks and my paddles
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #18
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Some pics, not the best mind you. The mm esc, the look on swampers(until the paddles arrive) and revo shafts ftw







cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #19
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany
Posts: 640
Default

Looks killer. The last pic. In crawling I would have not a prob with the drive line at that much angle. Looks like a weak link is all.

Thank you for sharing your rig


Evan
SlickRockSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #20
Let's not be Dave....
 
cartronicshn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HONDURAS...ROCK HEAVEN
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRockSpider View Post
Looks killer. The last pic. In crawling I would have not a prob with the drive line at that much angle. Looks like a weak link is all.

Thank you for sharing your rig


Evan
Thanks and noted ,i will try to move tranny some more but i think it's at it's limit.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com