Notices

Thread: Axial AX10 a.k.a Toxoplasma Condii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial AX10 a.k.a Toxoplasma Condii

Hi again. Back in business:

New tires and wheels are here!

Both tires have been made by V Productions. This new on the left is basically Proline Hammer shaved and 2.2 Panther paddles glued on it. It really works with a soft memoryfoam!

Let's see about the weight. This is the old tire.

And this is the new one. It's mounted on Nordic Crawler Design beadlock cf wheel. The car should get lighter already from the new wheels and tires.

Here are my new shocks. Traxxas Big Bore 3,5" to the front and 3,75" to rear. Hope they are better than the SCX10's.

Building, building.

I also changed the bent rear lower links to straight ones and made a little bit longer ones.

It's beginning to look like a car again!

Then I tested how much it'll flex... Waaaaay too much...

As I put the longer rear links, the GC dropped a little. It's still too high IMO, but let's try it first like this.

Iput a stoppers to the shocks to limit the suspension.

Might have to test it soon...

WB grew a little when I changed the links. Not so much, that I would've hope, but let see...

Weight before the testings. Cool, it's under two kilos!

Just before I was leaving to test it, I noticed that I have blue Mini-T rear springs I could use.

Luckily we don't have too much snow in this winter and I can go and test it out!

The looks of this thing is starting to be good. Still have to lower it down though.

Size comperation to my old Modified Wraith rig. It's still on the shade.

First test of the tires were promising. It has plenty of traction even in this test ground with hard sand. I'm eager to test these out at soft snow!

In the tests the two flauds still showed up. Jamming of the steering, and high GC. Luckily I had some ideas for both, back to the garage:

From NCD I got this servo plate with electronics tray, ment for AX10. Luckily it seems to be working with AR60 axle as well. Now I can get more stuff on top of the front axle.

I wanted to get the car lower. So I did 15mm longer front lower links and put them inside of the lower end of the axle. At the same I dropped the shock down to the lower as well.

Electronics tray to there?

Yes sir. Now I can have all my electronics down at front, which is good.

Steering is now working without jamming.

You really can see, that it's much longer now!

I went out to test it once more. It is really stable now and won't roll over so easily! And with 3S LiPo and 5700kv motor it has some BOOST! It has now 340mm of wheelbase and front axle from tire edge to tire edge is 300mm and the rear is 280mm. Feels good. Maybe I'll go for 290mm rear end in the futere. Maybe. I have 60mm on ground clearance at the moment. It's plenty enough for this use. The links I had were screwed just after two roll overs, so I ordered 5mm titan links to the lowers and 4mm uppers. Should do well. I'll contoniue and finish it when the links arrive, it's a little hurry because we are having the first comp just after two weeks!
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Boom! Testdrive completed! Comp will be on 22nd of this month.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Here is few pics from finalizing training, before we start the sand seson 2014:

Thanks to Hadesbear for the pics!

On tuesday I went to garage and put Toxoplasma Condii together. New titanium links arrived from NCD, so I needed to attach them next.

Steering links are titanium as well.

All the links have been changed from the front end.

Now all of the links are assembled. The angle on the chassis looks quite funny, but it surely is working!

I have a feeling, that the electrics have found their place already from there.

One mistake, when I built this car last year. I had put the diffs to wrong axles. No wonder it was pushing so hard, when I was trying to turn it... Now I have replaced them, and it's ready for tomorrows competition!

Race weight. It's some 80g lighter, than setup before the last competition.

Goal? Victory.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Yeah... My performances are still in the "ok" level... Second position again from last comp...

My rigs at the comp.

Climbing up the course three.

Clear performace with full house points!

Video from course three!

The rig is basically working well. Driver is just having difficulties to get the rig going without major mistakes. Minor adjustments are coming to next comp (which'll be 12.4.), but just minor. That's because the "sand" on this first comp was relatively diffrent compared to the next comps. We'll see if the streak of seconds will continue there...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Rig is now ready for the third comp of the year. Now we should get on some really soft sand. I did only one modification to it. I changed the rear axle gears to original ones, so it's now producing same amount of power to each tire. I like it better that way. Let's see am I able to win this time.

Pics and video will follow!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Your rig is looking really good
Hope you do well in the next comp.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Another Foff Cup comp behind. Position? Still laying second....

My rigs at the comp.

Toxo was ready to battle for the first.

Here are some pics from course two. I broke my chassis before the comp had even started. I had to do some zip tuning to it. Luckily it did hold all of the comp.

Car was working quite well on the soft sand, except for the chassis turning the rig to the right all the time.

High GC got me over these quite nicely!

Then some pics from course three.

Finishing leap almost got out of hands!

No turning back now...

Timed course running.

And here we have a video from the first course. Full house points with no mistakes. Soon I'll have four days easter holidays. I'll build this rig to a SCX10 chassis, cause I don't think my old chassis will do me no good anymore. More of that later on. If the positions could start rising again then.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #28
RCC Addict

After last comp, it was time to replace the broken chassis with a different one.

From thought to action.

SuDu chassis is in pieces, time for the new chassis!

SCX10 scale chassis should replace the SuDu.

One afternoon I spent with reassembling the axles to new chassis. Not an easy task I can tell you. Lost my nerves and called to NCD to make me a new SuDu chassis, with thicker cf. Also wanted to have the side supporters.

New SuDu chassis assembled and now I can continue on tuning it to the means of foff.

I did put trx jato's rod ends to rear lower links to get the wb growing. It's now 328mm.

Driver's seat and electronics assembled.

It was a really beautiful day outside, so I decided to go out and test it.

Now I can say, that the setup is near what I want from it. Only thing that is making me nervous from time to time is the wideness of the rear axle. But I will drive tomorrow's comp with this setup and then might try something else.

Plenty of juice with 3S and 5700kv motor.

Seems to drive stable even in high speeds.

I might have to change the suspension geometry in the front on future. We'll see.

Let's see if the streak of twos will continue tomorrow, or is it finally time for a victory?

Pics and video will follow.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

So, how did you fair in the comp, hopefully well enough for FIRST .
Old 04-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
So, how did you fair in the comp, hopefully well enough for FIRST .
I'm afraid to yet again dissapoint you on this. Fourth second in a roll. This is so not me! I rolled the rig at the speed course and that dropped me on the field this time.

Pictures from the first course.

Finish gate is right above. You can see me hitting the gas and the front end is lifting a bit.

Others had already tried that vertical bit from the left and middle. I decided to go from the right.

I really didn't go as I would've hoped...

Airy jump though.

Here is pic from the speed course. I hit a digger tire mark and the rig rolled over, which means that the performace is over for that course. Front suspension needs improvements, it doesn't take hits softly enough... I have three weeks before next comp to fix it.

Here is a clip from third course, which I was the only one to drive up. The car is really good on the hills now. Feels stable. I also broke gears from the transmission in the trainings after comp. I have to replace them also. Next comp will be the first on Finnish National Series. That means I have to get this going properly soon. We are moving forward with this, but the pace could be faster...

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 04-27-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to say to say congrats on a consistent. 2nd place finish. . I do have a question about your rig, what is the difference in wheel base, track width and weight of your rig and the the other rigs ?????

You posted a picture of 3 rigs on this page, yours is on the left and a short course looking truck on the right. What are the specs of the truck in the middle?? Ot looks much longer then yours. Am I correct??????
Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
I do have a question about your rig, what is the difference in wheel base, track width and weight of your rig and the the other rigs ?????

You posted a picture of 3 rigs on this page, yours is on the left and a short course looking truck on the right. What are the specs of the truck in the middle?? Ot looks much longer then yours. Am I correct??????
Yeah, it's my Unlimited class rig. I'll post a topic to here of it at some point. The other is Short Course class car, but the whole SC class is dying of from foff so no point, for me to tell more of that.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

So all 3 of them are your???
Old 04-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
So all 3 of them are your???
Yes.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Hell yeah! Finally a victory with this thing!

Finally everything did come together and I was able to pull it off. Happily it happened in the first comp of finnish series, so I'm in the lead now!

Here is video from the course three, which was really difficult, but I was the only one to clear it with no penalties.

Only thing was, that the driver was missing, and he wasn't at his seat in the last comp... What will happen on saturday when he returns to the seat?

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 07-14-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Nice video, and good driving.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

AWESOME I hope ya keep this thread going, and some very nice driving Dude good luck @ your next comp
Phatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatz View Post
AWESOME I hope ya keep this thread going, and some very nice driving Dude good luck @ your next comp
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

This update is a little late, but better late than never!

Really good amount of Modified rigs on the last Foff Cup!

Ok performance from course one.

Still course one.

Towards the finishing gate.

I had to try to go and clear the gate without marker, but then I rolled over after finishing gate, which means penalties.

Course two and the last gate.

Yeah!

NOT!

This is from course three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aieMvM9SKaA
Here's a clip from the last course, which I was able to clear without mistakes. I'm really proud of this performance, since I couldn't really see well because of the rain.

There are the results! Second victory in a row!

Next comp will be on this sunday in Laukaa, middle part of Finland. It's the Rc-Foff Finland Cup comp, so it's really important now. I won't probably do anything to the rig before the comp. It goes quite well now.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #40
R_2
Pebble Pounder

See you next sunday.

I`m feelin quite hungry now, my rig is feeling better than ever (but seriously, aiming for the podium, 1st place would be sort of miracle for me )
R_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial AX10 a.k.a Toxoplasma Condii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Axial AX10 Trannys shipping *** PLUS AX10 Straight Axle Giveaway*** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 142 12-19-2007 03:57 PM
Axial Scorpion AX10 Axle Give-A-Way **Free AX10 Axles*** Rockpiledriver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 297 08-27-2007 06:15 AM