Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Formula Offroad

Notices

Thread: Project Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight Special First FOFF Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Project Crossroad Midnight Special Blingmobile First FOFF Build

OK I've been itching to do this 1/10 scale FOFF build for a 2 or 3 week now but haven't had the courage do to it until now."Why".
Still thinking of a frigging name...Any suggestions,and It's my first FOFF public build,so take it easy on me.
I fine they look so damm cool i had to build one.I'm already gathering parts for a 1/8 scale version and i haven't even started this one yet.I thinks it's an addiction.
Hopefully it's a straight forward build but I'm sure I'm bound to run in to a road block some where during the build but I'll fine a way to fab something up or what ever resources i have here.
I think i have most of the parts that i need for now will see as the build go on.Also I've been doing my homework on this new form of RC fun and I can't wait,Now all i have to do is fines some sand.No Prob..
If this is new or old RC FOFF It's bound to grow.Hey doesn't Koysho make a RTR FOFF or was it HPI.Hmmmmm...
Until i learn how to weld which I'm learning and use styrene I'd like to be good as the builds i see on this forum,hopefully i will reach up to that level,but for now I'm not bad but no expert,i have learn't a lot from this forum and seen of lot of out of this world builds,
thanks for all the tips and tricks and how too Guys and gals if there are any gals out there,Any hoo great stuff keep up the good work.
I don't want people to think that this has been done before,which probably has,Duh "Photo Gallery" but everyone is different and hopefully mine will be one of them and I hope you like it.
"Critics,Info,and suggestion are always welcome" i could use all help i can get cause I'm going to need it.
Also the things and product I'll be using may not be suitable to everyone,it will serve my purpose for what I'm working on.
The product that i see used often can be expensive,and my wallet not thick so I'll be taking the cheap route,well not that cheap but a little cheaper then the other products
So for all you fans Here we go........Oh ya by the time you read this I already have a name.I think I'm gonna call her "Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight-Special". I think it sues her"fine like cherry wine" Ya i know old school saying.....
ENJOY AND CHEERS...or as my brother would say "Chin Chin"...
Meaning have fun...

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-13-2015 at 11:03 AM.
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project Cro$$road To Mid-Night $pecial First FOFF Build

Well it was a late night last night writing up a sympathy letter for this bad boy...ya to funny,It's a Do or die situation and i can't stop now.
So without further a due this is what came in the mail a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-14-2015 at 05:25 AM. Reason: somebody deleted my photo
Old 05-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Catchy name amigo, sounds good.

Mine in italian means- Ascent Unlimited-Salita illimitato.

I think FOFF has been around for 3-4 years now, maybe longer i'm not sure.
I went to join a Foff forum, but i can't translate it so couldn't join, but there's a formula off-road page on FB-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100829206660003/

But again its mostly all in finnish so i recently left that group, i made an intro but no one replied and said anything, so i left, think i was the only australian lol ha ha.

Oh Kyosho make the one your thinking about-Kyosho FO-XX

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../kyoc1228.html

Hey what's in the box..?

Last edited by Bully2RockRomper; 05-13-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Bully2RockRomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper View Post
Catchy name amigo, sounds good.

Mine in italian means- Ascent Unlimited-Salita illimitato.

I think FOFF has been around for 3-4 years now, maybe longer i'm not sure.
I went to join a Foff forum, but i can't translate it so couldn't join, but there's a formula off-road page on FB-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100829206660003/

But again its mostly all in finnish so i recently that group, i made an intro but no one replied and said anything, so i left, think i was the only australian lol ha ha.

Oh Kyosho make the one your thinking about-Kyosho FO-XX

Kyosho® 1/8 FO-XX Nitro 4WD RTR

Hey what's in the box..?

Ya i was up till 4 in the morning to think about name.it came to me when i was writing description and i seen the words ROAD BLOCK so i switch it up a bit and said hey how about Cro$$road and Midnight Special was a variety show that hosted rock bands from the 70's and was on every Saturday night at 12:00 AM love that show.Actually you can buy the DVD set which is on my wish list..think was on for like 3 or 4 year..

Your name is cool but hard to pronounce sound like
Satellite limitations

3 or 4 years Wow so this Foff is like new.Cool!

Oh OK so Kyosho FO-XX looks nice too bad it's nitro to much tuning for me.
Strip the guts and viola an Foff... sounds like a plan i'll have investigate that more

What in the box:Check the next page.....
Q:Can i multi quote in this same quote....
Old 05-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight Special First FOFF Build

Well here is the some of the bling i was talking about.hopefully everything goes the way it was planed but I'm sure i will be cutting and chopping some were in the build.

some of these parts will try to incorporate in the Foff...

Front AR60

Yeti Transmission and the rear cage that's the plan.I need a place to put my electronics so i figure the box would be a good addition to the CBMS

Also going to see if this roll cage will be in the build.looking for something different and extra long Axial drive shafts to get the lenght i want between 13" to 14"

front end in first on the agenda.......stay tune...

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-14-2015 at 05:55 AM. Reason: somebody removed my photos
Old 05-13-2015, 02:45 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Very nice.

Yeah FOFF's are best custom built, the Kyosho looks good, but 1/8 scale i really prefer.

Its good you went to the trouble of thinking of a name, i thought of mine rather quickly, but my pro rig name took me awhile. I went from a swedish name because the chassis is from there, then back to an italian name. I admit the swedish name i liked more.

Can't wait to see your build mate, i'm getting ready to move over to the USA, so hope to have it done before hand, if not i'll post the build from over there late next month. : )
Old 05-13-2015, 07:36 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project Crossroad Midnight Special Blingmobile First FOFF Build

Quote:
Very nice.

Yeah FOFF's are best custom built, the Kyosho looks good, but 1/8 scale i really prefer.

Its good you went to the trouble of thinking of a name, i thought of mine rather quickly, but my pro rig name took me awhile. I went from a Swedish name because the chassis is from there, then back to an Italian name. I admit the Swedish name i liked more.

Can't wait to see your build mate, I'm getting ready to move over to the USA, so hope to have it done before hand, if not I'll post the build from over there late next month. : )
Ya I'm wondering if those kyosho axle will hold up to nitro and I'm sure they are thinking of electric one...I think it would sell over the nitro.

found out yesterday that you can change your name in the Title on top of the screen and that's what i did not much of a change just added one word.

Ya was working on it yesterday trying different thing and set up and i hope all goes well.Oh ya moving to USA.I hope you pick a warm state
and which you well in your travel...Looking forward to seeing your Foff build...

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-13-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #8
RCC Addict

well let see well front end

here it's all sorted out and ready to be assembled

now for the rear end, ya lots of grease i did remove some of it.
and ready for assembly
when i was putting the rear end together i ran into a problem one of the 5x11x4 bearing would not fit in the straight axle adapter,so i had to grind it down.....

[/IMG]
as you can see in the photo you see the difference in length of the shaft still needed to be grind down on the inside...

once that was all fix i needed small screws so i cut them down to finish the rear end had to cut 6mm...

that it for now report back later for more...

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-14-2015 at 05:58 AM. Reason: somebody removed my photos
Old 05-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Axles are looking great.

Yes moving to a beautiful part of the usa on the east coast, going to be one hell of a life change, but really looking forward to it.

Hope to find some nice spots for the Pro and Foff.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Axles are looking great.

Yes moving to a beautiful part of the usa on the east coast, going to be one hell of a life change, but really looking forward to it.

Hope to find some nice spots for the Pro and Foff.
Hey thanks..
I.m sure it would be a big change for sure.you should have no problem to to find some RC clubs out were ever your going maybe Glamis in the dunes or unless your in the boonies like me...we have a club here but small mostly racing but not many are into the crawler thing..
Old 05-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Did some more work today and i notice something wrong with the rear end..Once I got the rear end all button I didn't like about those servo post ....they have to go....

Now much better cleaner look the bling thing.....

once they were cut i sanded down smooth and cover the hole with a 3mm set screw.Now i have a place to fill up the diff if need be...
looks much better.....

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-14-2015 at 12:13 AM. Reason: more photo's
Old 05-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #12
RCC Addict

well I guess I hit another road block and i had a feeling this was going to happen.The width of the front AR60 is 270mm and the rear SCX10 width is 215mm with a difference of 55mm which 27 1/2mm a side.Now i have to get as close possible to the front width...
here you might get a better idea of what i mean....

here's my solution since i won't be going full out with this CBMS and only be using 2s and not like on 3,4,6's twist and break everything the first shot.I started up a thread on widen the rear end and members told me to use Beef tube or Jun-Fac wideners i thought to myself i have a pair here but these one are 14mm hex "about 4 years old" and they were to long so i had to make them fit.....

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-15-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #13
RCC Addict

well i couldn't help myself but i thought i give you just a few mock up of what I'm going for.This could be one or the other or both combine not sure still thinking of trying different thing.Also i may try the Wraith skid plate and mate it to the scx10 chassis rails to give it a wider stance.will have to see..
Anyways enjoy the mock ups......

here on with the Yeti trans another option.

one more don't want to give it all away......
tomorrow I will be fabricating up the my own wideners for the rear diff....

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 05-15-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I'm more into crawling, so will enter some meets when i can, and the Foff will be just for fun.

Damn she's looking amazing so far..coming along fast well done!

Last edited by Bully2RockRomper; 05-13-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:36 PM   #15
RCC Addict

ya was just checking and i notice that to and they were there to somebody must have erase them cause they are still in my photobucket and a big job to them back aagain..
some thing fishy..........
Old 05-14-2015, 12:23 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Love the wheels and tyres, when you think you'll have it up and running?

Oh just found out, Foff started back in Finland in 2005.

History:

RC Formula Offroad was born in the summer of 2005 in southern Finland. The very first competition was held in Tampere, Finland. In the wing of time, the sport has grown and grown. In 2007 there was the first RC Formula Offroad World Championship.
- See more at: http://www.4x4offroads.com/rc-formul....kpwenHCU.dpuf

Last edited by Bully2RockRomper; 05-14-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:39 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Love the wheels and tyres, when you think you'll have it up and running?

Oh just found out, Foff started back in Finland in 2005.

History:

RC Formula Offroad was born in the summer of 2005 in southern Finland. The very first competition was held in Tampere, Finland. In the wing of time, the sport has grown and grown. In 2007 there was the first RC Formula Offroad World Championship.
- See more at: RC Formula Offroad
ya the tires wheels are nice touch,but now i just found out that they interferes with my front axle steering link by about 2 or 4 mm.I should of bought an + offset pair of wheels.So now since the front steering link rubs a bit and it's made out of plastic i'll have to make one out of brake tubing....

So the RC FOFF that been around for about 10 years.How about the real FOFF ...

AS for running hopefully by the time the snow falls..I'm in no rush I have about 10 machine here but i don't have an FOFF...
Old 05-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Well did a little more yesterday had to fab up some wheel widener for the rear end...here is the progress.
Ya i was having a little fun i had to add it,you like....

the wideners were a little long had to file down..

as you can see doesn't fit.

the length has to be cut in half.....

to be cut in half..

poor bastard had to go see DR Cut Your C**K Off....

Little simple idea to hold the littler pecker ...

cut in half...

will up date some later......
Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Its going to be a good looking machine, with all that color I would get some flashier wheels for it though. JM2cts, good lookin rig man.
RockBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I think the wheels look great, i suppose they will hardly be seen when they are churning up sand.

Project Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight Special First FOFF Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project Night Fury-a rock bouncer build. warren 1.9 Scale Rigs 63 08-08-2013 03:30 PM
FOFF Build Project irp racing Formula Offroad 7 11-11-2012 03:45 PM
Mid afternoon to early night crawling at Lone Mountain. nine-ed Nevada 1 02-03-2012 11:58 PM
Mid Night Run - Kcrc comp #2 the DMG Competitions 42 03-30-2008 10:48 AM