Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Formula Offroad

Notices

Thread: Truggy or Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Truggy or Buggy

Hey so I'm going with 1/8 ifs/irs electric racing buggy or truggy as my base chassis to build off.
I'm going to run 3.2 panther paddle tires on beadlock rims, so I'm.not sure if a buggy would handle the bigger wheels in strength and gear ratio wise. Plus the truggy will have longer wheel base and be wider so more stable I think. Is this the direction I should go?
I also need to be able to run higher diff gears in the front axle than in the rear (so overdrive front diff ratios), either be able to buy diff lockers or just JB weld the diff gears so its locked.
And I'll want to be buying aluminum front and rear suspension control arms, and stainless steel screw/bolt kit.
Brushless motor and ESC combo, not sure if I need to run a high torque motor or high speed racing motor. What's your advice?
Then I'll run a ford bronco 1/8 body and a custom made tube rollcage to mount body on. Still using the complete truggy or buggy chassis(which ever you think is best, plz give me your advice)

I'm going for the full scale white ford bronco FOFf rig you see on Google n youtube.
I'm also going to run a real v8 engine sound box system for realistic engine sound as I believe that's the best part of foff, that high powered engine hauling are up sand cliffs.
Thanks guys hope you can give me your best advice as to the base rig I should build of - buggy or truggy?
Snyds
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Truggy or Buggy

Or maybe use a 1/8 racing monster truck chassis as my base to build of.
Really hoping I can get some advice on what is going to be best to use as my rolling chassis to build foff of.
So its between 1/8 buggy, truggy or racing monster truck. What you think will be best? 4 wheel drive obviously.
Thanks guys
Old 02-22-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sorry I am of no help here but I am interested in what you figure out and build. So post a build thread if you can

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yeah mate there defiantly will be a build thread

Truggy or Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
truggy and buggy 88gators325 Newbie General 2 11-15-2008 05:39 PM