Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Formula Offroad

Notices

Thread: My little dust slinger...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My little dust slinger...

I kinda started one of these, so I should probably do the right thing and contribute to the forums. Mostly just crappy cell pics and a vague parts list. I'll be editing and adding details as I have more time.

Anyway, starting with a Vader Products/RC Addicts Sidious chassis, a full Vanquish/Incision trans with all the good stuff and a custom ordered mirrored version of BWD's FOFF motor plate, a pair of wide XR modded SCX10/AX10 axles, and the very last RJSpeed 70s Outlaw Rocker Jeep body. And one hell of a mess on my desk.

Some of these parts are leftovers from other builds, some are mockup parts (brushed motor and bushings while I wait for bearings), and I'm still waiting on a ton of parts.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2020, 12:39 AM   #2

Default Re: My little dust slinger...

Good luck with the build. Looking forward to new season of full scale FOFF videos and RC action myself.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Needs a forward motor mount.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Other than steering links and a few extra screws to tie the XR mod tubes to the housings, the axles are DONE!

DLux Fab modded housings (machined for 13mm inner pinion bearings), Axial SCX10 plastic 4-link trusses, Vader Products servo mount, Protek 370TBL servo, Axial HD under drive gears front and rear, Vanquish/Incision spools, beeftubes.com "wide XR mod" beef tubes, DravTech knuckles, c-hubs, and lockouts, XR10 front universals, SSD-RC "D60 wide axle" rear shafts, and Fast Eddy bearings throughout.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Been fighting wheels and tires...Axial's IFD wheels don't take too well to the fat tapered Pro-Line type beads on my Panthers. Bummer because they look so damn good. Picked up some old 8-Hole beadlocks which have a larger bead clamping area, and more room between the beadlock ring and the inner bead clamp. My tires dropped right on and mounted up in minutes. I'm out some cash for the Trail Readys, but these will work better anyway...more backspace and no hubs to dick with to get my wheels to clear my tie rod and drag link ends.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I had my Panther 2.2"s on some Redcat E10 wheels (similar to the Axial 8 holes, but 2" wide) for awhile and liked the added width, but their plastic hex's are kinda brittle (must be ABS instead of Nylon?), and the beads would start to fly out if wheelspeed got much over 40mph (obviously at a lower ground speed.) Moved those tires over to some 1.5" wide Crawler Innovations 6-bolts (glue on) and haven't had anymore issues with cracking wheels, stripping hex's, or throwing beads.

So RJspeed isn't making those bodies anymore? I was just looking at that CJ5 on their site a week or 2 ago.

What kind of wheelbase are you shooting for?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I had my Panther 2.2"s on some Redcat E10 wheels (similar to the Axial 8 holes, but 2" wide) for awhile and liked the added width, but their plastic hex's are kinda brittle (must be ABS instead of Nylon?), and the beads would start to fly out if wheelspeed got much over 40mph (obviously at a lower ground speed.) Moved those tires over to some 1.5" wide Crawler Innovations 6-bolts (glue on) and haven't had anymore issues with cracking wheels, stripping hex's, or throwing beads.

So RJspeed isn't making those bodies anymore? I was just looking at that CJ5 on their site a week or 2 ago.

What kind of wheelbase are you shooting for?
They still list the body, but don't sell from their webpage. Only through their distributors. And after hunting for months and months I couldn't find one. I emailed them and they told me at first that they didn't have any and that they didn't have any way for me to pay them. About two weeks after that I got an email saying that they just happened to find one in a back corner on a shelf and that I needed to send them a check. And here we are.

But, if you find another let me know. I'd love to pick up a few spares. Debating making a copy or two of this one myself...just in case. But the body is nice heavy 0.060" lexan. Should hold well.

Wheelbase will be 12.5", width came out to 11.5" with these wheels, and it'll sit a while lot lower.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:53 PM   #8
RCC Addict

It should be noted that this car was inspired heavily by MR.VERTICAL's build from a few years back. Obviously I'm putting my own twist on things, but you can expect similar finished proportions...LOW AND WIDE!

FoFF NOR-CAL

Old 02-28-2020, 12:09 AM   #9

I was just watching some 1:1 on youtube laat night thinking it would be cool in RC.
Nice work so far
CRUISERFIED is offline   Reply With Quote

My little dust slinger... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Dust Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 12 08-07-2011 08:30 PM
2.2 mud slinger ? Gyyro Tires and Wheels 0 11-23-2007 07:28 PM