Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gmade R1-Greens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Gmade R1-Greens

Here is my Gmade R1 nicknamed Greens. i immediately liked this crawler when the spy shots were being released so i knew i had to have one. i was a little worried about durability but after searching on Gmade/Junfac products i found very little complaints. after recieving the R1, i can say it does not dissapoint. and with the recent parts Gmade has released it should be plenty strong. it is a very quiet truck and has a lot of snap with the stock pinion and a 35t v11. should be a very capable comper in the hands of a good driver. ill just do my best.

specs:
Integy 35t v11
Hitec 5645(cs170 soon)
Mamba Max Pro
1300 3s lipo
DX3r
Rovers(to be replaced with pitbull Rock Beasts when they are released)

Ive modded the skid plate to allow for more triangulation in the lower links. new lower links to strecth to 12.5" wb. replaced shock oil with axial 30wt. i also moved the battery under the tray to get it lower in the chassis.

pics:

skid mod

will post more pics and some vid tomorrow.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Oh yeah!!!!!!

You're the first from what I can tell. Cooooooooool. Can't wait to see it.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ive only seen a couple surface so far. we're gonna have to throw some gates down one of these nights while the slash batteries are charging...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Do you have any opinion on how well it performs? Can you compare it to any other crawlers you have experience with? I'm definitely interested in getting one of these and I'm about to sell my berg to do it. But I can't find any comments on how well it climbs, side hills, descends, etc. Thanks for the info.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Are your shocks set as droop?
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Looks like a capable lil buggy but wont tell till i win something with it......

Is it just me or is there a bunch of exposed screws on skid plate??????????

Price you paid?
KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yes my shocks are set to their specs for droop. i never officially measured but i hve around 2 3/4 of ground clearance. the uppers and lowers are parallel to the ground at ride height. i like that i have a few mm of compression/cushion still compared to previous droop setups ive run with just a single spring below the piston.

there really only 4 exposed screws on the skid and like twinset said they run in channels that really prevent them from getting hung on anything. with the links now inboard it makes a smoother transition from links to the skid. i still might make a skid cover to make a completely smooth bottom.

The R1 is definitely a capable crawler. very good climber and with a strong drag brake it is very smooth on descent. i will never own or drive an MOA so i cant comment on that, but i have let several of my friends drive the R1(losi/berg owners) and all of them have been impressed with this truck. the width is nice when sidehilling but navigating gates takes a slightly different approach at times. i am going to narrow the rear track width and see if that helps. you can definitely see the advantages to portals at times. straddling a peak you know would you would be sitting diff on with another truck. hanging a tire over an edge to hold your line or pull you up/around is no biggie. it will be interesting to see what this truck does with dig.

the R1 has been ferocious with the stock pinion and 35t v11. after i get some spare parts i may throw the brushless outrunner in to see if it can handle it. i am not worried about the housings, c's, or knuckles as they are pretty beefy stock pieces. just some extra portal gears and a ring and pinion. my axial eats rear ring and pinions doing 2nd gear wheelstands. gotta love scorpion motors and summit transmissions.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

wondering how droop absorbs jumps...def going to air it out(VXL motor mwahahhaha)
Old 05-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
wondering how droop absorbs jumps...def going to air it out(VXL motor mwahahhaha)

Deezul - Are you who I think you are? All this talk about a nutcase with a Brushless R1 makes me think I might just know you.
BostonHxC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
RCC Addict

yea.u know me.......
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Deezul, i would probably set the shocks up for more compression if i were you if you are going for big air...

a few pics from last night at our comp. forgot my good cam so these are with my crap phone.

my driving sucked(blew it on the first course) but the truck performed really well. last night i put the durability to the test...powering thru wedges, bound up tires, full throttle assaults...i had a few onlookers cringing, but the R1 has really proven to me to be a well built machine. i am planning in the next couple of weeks to put together another set of R1 axles for my top truck. i think it could greatly benefit from the clearance and the width.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

It was only a matter of time....

my top truck FJ was begging to try these axles out. this project never gets finished cause its just so much fun to drive. custom tuber with a 2 speed summit trans. castle sidewinder, scorpion brushless outrunner, 3s 2200 lipo. the plan was for this truck to get a set of these axles since the R1 came out. in the little bit that i drove it around today i can tell the width has helped tremendously. i cant wait for our TTC.

motor and trans

few action shots...

i stayed in 1st gear mostly as i didnt want to grenade anything, but hit 2nd a couple of times and from what i can tell the axles just shrugged it off. i have broken 3 front axial housings, snapped inner axles like nothing, and rear ring and pinions dont stand a chance to 2nd gear wheelstands. when i get a few spare parts, its on like donkey kong. in the meantime im going to finish up the front bumper on this truck and work on replacing the portals on the R1.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #13

i dig those axles. i want an r1. the stock links are aluminum or plastic? i've never seen a bad review, but i do have one for the transitions. they leak without teflon tape on the threads....
/X\ONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

AWESOME looking R1 or is it now?
That really looks good, like something you'll see in the wooded trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /X\ONSTER View Post
i dig those axles. i want an r1. the stock links are aluminum or plastic? i've never seen a bad review, but i do have one for the transitions. they leak without teflon tape on the threads....
metal link
4mm stub screw
plastic rod end
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #15
Moderator Rule Breaker

I'm digging this alot!

That gotta be fun with summit trans.

Last edited by EeePee; 05-17-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: quoted all the pics
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

dude that is awsome I want one but my 1:1 needs finishing so new crawlers are on the back burner for a while. So till then I officaily have truck envy
icemancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #17
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
I'm digging this alot!

That gotta be fun with summit trans.
The Summit trans and that fast little outrunner make that thing ridiculous. Totally. Ridiculous.

It's awesome.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I want one of these, i posted befor but damn they look nice..

Keep up the good work.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

build looks sick!!!!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I'm buying the r1 purely for looks and those cool axles. Plus parts are cheap and easy to come by since I live in Korea.

Loving these build threads though. What a cool truck.

Last edited by Knitewulfe; 05-19-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote