Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gmade R1 Stealth Cantilever Suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gmade R1 Stealth Cantilever Suspension

Got a chance to take the r1 out yesterday amongst the rest of the rigs that I own. Got a good video of my revo and tc4, but not one of the r1.

Traxxas Revo 3.3/E-Revo Convert on 4s lipo - YouTube

Team Associated TC4 Drift - YouTube
Attached Images

bikerzee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Dont break your camera before we see your cantilevered R1 running please
kjrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I was luckily right next to the camera as my revo rolled into the camera's tripod. Freaking thing rolled like crazy towards the camera for sure. I hope to get some video this weekend if the weather clears up.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

liked the revo vid, almost had it rollin on two wheels hollywood style
Smithysride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

The revo has been my favorite rig overall and I started with just a 2wd stampede. Other than the neccessary upgrades it doesn't cost much at all to maintain and fix, especially for as hard as I bash it.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

So I recieved my 103mm xd's yesterday and installed them, took me longer to put the damn shocks together than it did to install them on my r1!....it sags in the rear more than I expected. I think I will need to get solid links in the rear where the ts01's are so i get more of a sprung look in the rear. The articulation is limited due the location of my upper links hitting the lower links at a point where it could get more flex. I am going to have to move the upper links up a hole or maybe get rid of the bent lower links and go with the longer straight ones. Still haven't had a chance to take it out for a drive, currently working on a new body for my Revo so that will take my attention this weekend getting it painted.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

cant wait to see it, finally got mine runnin and a set of cantilevers that need to be installed. also need to get another set of shocks for the other end of the bellcrank, any suggestions?
Smithysride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Whatever works for you, there are way too many shocks to choose from, only reason I went with the ts01's was because I already had them in my box. I actually just took them off this past weekend and put solid links in thier place, I took it out on a friend of mines homemade rock course in his backyard and it did rather well. I can tell I lost a little flex without the ts01's installed, but I like the solid feel the links give over the double shocks for sure. I got some onboard video clips from my cheapo camera, but still no footage from the good camera. Since it is getting warm here I will be able to take it out to the good spots up in the mountains and test things out for sure.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

So after a nice submersion into the water this past weekend, I decided to strip my r1 down and rebuild a bit. I am in the process of plastidipping the BEC since I got that wet last time and I am hoping it has dried up and in good working condition now. I took the red panels off since they were starting to just flake off and make things ugly. There was one advantage to tearing it down, I was able to tune the dig unit on my tranny so it worked properly. Still thinking about going with a different esc, but I got a new buggy that needs my attention first.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Just finished putting everything back together last night and it turned out awesome...alll my wires are mostly hidden and I can even fit a full size battery in the chassis now.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

do you think this mod would work on the normal R-1 Body?
joneail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneail View Post
do you think this mod would work on the normal R-1 Body?
I am not sure, I haven't had a chance to play with the stock r1 chassis. I am sure something can be mocked up though.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #33

Real interesting to see the Stealth modified in this way. I took my regular R1 and put Traxxas bell cranks on the back and spent a good amount of time setting up as many mods and hop ups as time/money allowed. Now have a nice machine but still work to do. Mounted the electronics aft with a cooling fan over and mod the front to tuck the battery up in there as fwd and as low as looked right. Still much to do before I hit the dirt and if I could find away to attach some pictures I would....
Scuppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuppers View Post
Real interesting to see the Stealth modified in this way. I took my regular R1 and put Traxxas bell cranks on the back and spent a good amount of time setting up as many mods and hop ups as time/money allowed. Now have a nice machine but still work to do. Mounted the electronics aft with a cooling fan over and mod the front to tuck the battery up in there as fwd and as low as looked right. Still much to do before I hit the dirt and if I could find away to attach some pictures I would....
You gotta start a build thread and post up some pics of that! Here's a link to a thread that shows you how to post pics. Posting Pics For Dummies
supermoturd is offline   Reply With Quote

Gmade R1 Stealth Cantilever Suspension - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rear cantilever suspension mp3ranger 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 01-24-2011 03:56 PM
Variable link/cantilever suspension chassis mod build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 03-30-2010 05:46 PM
cantilever suspension questions cliffclimba:) Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 11-15-2009 11:10 PM
cantilever suspension Wicked_Jester General Crawlers 8 06-09-2007 01:52 AM
Pros/Cons of cantilever suspension... Vitamin_J General Crawlers 3 03-01-2005 09:49 AM