RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   G-Made Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/g-made-crawlers/)
-   -   Could someone with G-Made R1 Exp help me understand (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/g-made-crawlers/522679-could-someone-g-made-r1-exp-help-me-understand.html)

Pennington Research 01-18-2015 09:28 AM

Could someone with G-Made R1 Exp help me understand

Bought a package deal with a G-made R1. I bought this because it came with a Futaba 4pl. There's a lot of hop ups here. I have no idea what to list this for. If someone could PM me so that I could send pictures to in order to help me list this that would be great. Or just even a general idea of which end is up with this, super. Thanks, Pennington

timscarcrazy 01-18-2015 09:46 AM

Re: Could someone with G-Made R1 Exp help me understand

If you go to Rcrun.com and also Asiatees.com they both have alot of the hop ups for the G1. that would help you figure some of them out

EeePee 01-18-2015 10:23 AM

How do you have a screen name like Pennington Research, but don't do any research or know how to post pictures?

johnnyh66 01-18-2015 10:26 AM

lol

Pennington Research 01-18-2015 01:39 PM

Oh my goodness, Do you need a hug, want to learn about Jesus?

You're right, lets face it. It's pure Lazyness! Yea I'll check Aisa Tee's and the other. The resale value of something I am not familiar with....someone in here has way more exp than I do with a G-Made as this is the first time I have placed hands on one. In reality, I'm good with the deal I got as I just wanted the Radio/receiver. Electronics are going to upgrade our Losi.

My Research is in Electroculture. Started that in 2007. Using small solar panels to stimulate plant growth. Running a DC charge through the growing medium or body of the plant. Although the big bump was when we developed an Electrolosis system to run a DC charge through the nutrient solution. You are right, what can I say. I can read endless dissertations on electron paramagnetic response or Biodynamic Ag strategies, but I'm too lazy to look up some parts. Sunflowers Tomatoes and peppers are the main focus, but I have tested this on around 200 varieties. Essentially Higher growth rates with higher yields with less input. Zero pesticides or herbicides.

Testing the G last night, what I thought was a crawler (NO OFFENSE HERE) leans more towards a rock racer. Neat rig. 9 years ago these were one of the higher end rigs. Not that I'm disappointed its a righteous rig. Just not for us.

I don't want to over price this thing or rip any one off. Just want to throw it out there at a reasonable price so somebody can have some fun with it.

Sorry for my Laziness, I will be sure to do my homework from here on out.

EeePee 01-18-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennington Research (Post 5117591)
Oh my goodness, Do you need a hug, want to learn about Jesus?

You're right, lets face it. It's pure Lazyness!

Nice post. Good luck with everything.

Nine years ago?

Pennington Research 01-19-2015 03:34 PM

Still doing my homework...but here are some pictures.

I have a new found respect for GMADE drivers. Working of these is, Different.

[IMG]http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6b3cd92e.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...ps73372230.jpg[/IMG]

offroadace 01-19-2015 03:46 PM

Pretty much everything aluminum is going to be an upgrade.

Check parts options here - GMADE.

TIME MACHINE 01-20-2015 10:53 AM

That rig looks sweet. It's a keeper.

Pennington Research 01-29-2015 09:28 AM

Thanks, I know. I didn't build this though, so I can't take any credit here. Love staring at this thing.

Debating if I could use the axles for a SORRCA class 3. Debate is between using Wraith Axles or GMADE and tubing some Losi's and doing the axial conversion.

Watching videos on mods, reading threads,

Ha ha Doing my homework again.
Debating between 4WS or Dig transmission, Looking to see what all it would take.
Plastic gears in the trans won't cut it. Shocks won't cut it.
Would have to build a custom chassis that brings it out over the pumpkins.
If I go in this direction about the only thing GMADE would be the axles. Looking to see the availability of steel gearing in the axles.

Back and forth trying to understand the details of the 2015 SORRCA Rules.

Edit Note: The mods on this are much more simple than other crawlers! High steer, drivetrain slop - Wish my Losi was this simple!