Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling, want a Gmade R1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #1

Default New to Crawling, want a Gmade R1

Hey there,

Ok, so I know RC pretty well but have never owned a crawler. I have a few friends with Axial Wraith's and they are talking me into a crawler. I looked at them about a year ago and never pulled the trigger. I love the way the Gmade R1 looks and crawls from the YouTube videos out there and the builds here on the forum.

My question is....are there still hop ups available for them? I see eBay has a RTR for $330. I'm sure like any other RTR it's ok but i'll want to upgrade. Do companies still make stuff for these? It seems like all the YouTube videos I see are from 4-6 years ago.

If I buy a RTR online or at my LHS i'm thinking it will be good to go run around with my friends Wraith's?

Thanks in advance for a noob question and I hope to get heavily involved in this part of the RC world as well!
Lilbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to Crawling, want a Gmade R1

So you are where I was 4 years ago man. One of my buddies talked me into a crawler and I went with the R1 for its mean looks. I was stoked with the way she ran out of the box... but, I couldn't keep up with my buds Losi crawler. So, after doing every upgrade from 4ws, dig, shocks, wheel weights, etc. After all that, I can crawl with no problems. It was a fun build and wouldn't trade it for nothing. Well, maybe... Haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If you have any questions man, check out the builds on here or hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

The R1 is a good crawler but if you want to keep up with the wraiths you will need to do a lot of upgrades.
There are plenty of upgrades out there so like nastyman said do some reading of some builds and some research and you will find what your after
Also might be good for mikemce to give his advice as he has both the R1 and wraith
Fubar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:02 AM   #5

There are lots of upgrades for the R1. I know Boom is one manufacturer that supports that truck. Upgrade parts from GMade are also good. The problem with the R1 is the limited room for electronics and the battery.

Wraiths need a ton of work in stock form especially if you get the RTR.

Have you considered the Bomber? It's a higher quality kit and is much better at going fast should you want to do that. The RTR needs tons of upgrades just like the Wraith.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #6

I just picked this up on eBay. Here is the description, looks to have a lot of parts already:

Gmade r1,rtr,4 wheel steering,with 2 linked savox high torque metal gear servos with aluminum horns2.2 pitbull rock beast tires on ssd steel wheels with19mm spacers,it comes with an ae 3 channel radio and reciever,holmes hobbies torquemaster expert brushed 40t motor,axial ae5 esc with deans plug,2 lipo batteries,steel drive shafts,aluminum link mounts,high clearance links,skid plate,aluminum front steering,adult built and only used on my indoor rock course never been in water or mud.ready to go needs nothing.the buy it now is a steal I have close to $800 into it also includes all stock parts including tires and wheels and paperwork

The shocks are not sprung and i'm just wondering what is the best way to set up the shocks for crawling? I'm gonna run it as is for awhile and see how it does and make adjustments if needed. Thanks for all the help on here!

Not sure how to upload photos or i'd put some up.

Thanks!
Lilbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

New to Crawling, want a Gmade R1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gmade KOMODO Crawling téosrc Scale Videos! 5 10-09-2015 08:35 PM
Looking to buy a GMade R1, need Rock Crawling Setup Advice... bur1196 G-Made Crawlers 8 02-08-2014 06:16 AM
Beginning crawling with a Gmade ? hemdale G-Made Crawlers 5 09-05-2012 04:16 AM