Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #581

Default Re: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildblue77 View Post
Watched this on the FB group. :-) What's the trailer you used ?

My GOM is just about finished, Ive got the 15T FTX motor to go in...how do you find it ?
From EuroRC https://tinyurl.com/y7x4b7rf

Stock gearing, and that motor. it Crawls smoothly and wheels speed is enough in grip surfaces.

Trailer is home made from aluminum. My friend owns it, i just borrow it, for the video
Pisepise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #582
Quarry Creeper

I took mine out today for the first time...with that FTX 15T in...wasnt that impressed. My son has an identical setup GOM bar a HPi 540 20T motor. His was faster, climbed just the same and his battery lasted another 20 mins longer on the same route.... So Ive put an Axial 27T in there for now...
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:48 AM   #583
Rock Crawler

Because I put a pickup truck cab on my GOM, I didn't use the stock body panels. They're up on ebay if anyone needs another body:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gmade-GOM-c...oAAOSwhqhaRHws
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #584
RCC Addict

After wheeling mine for a few hours the front dog bone axle pins have started to come out I got them back in and the came out again?What cvds you guys runnin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barndog Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #585
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barndog Racing View Post
After wheeling mine for a few hours the front dog bone axle pins have started to come out I got them back in and the came out again?What cvds you guys runnin
I just installed a CVA set from Gmade. Someone else had the stub axles bend due to what was reported as a skipped heat-treatment step at the factory, if I remember correctly. I've only ran mine once since installing, but no problems so far. The increased steering angle is a welcome improvement. As long as they hold up I will be very happy.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:32 AM   #586
Quarry Creeper

Ordered my CVA kit last night...just got to wait a few weeks now...
Old 12-31-2017, 11:33 AM   #587
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
I just installed a CVA set from Gmade. Someone else had the stub axles bend due to what was reported as a skipped heat-treatment step at the factory, if I remember correctly. I've only ran mine once since installing, but no problems so far. The increased steering angle is a welcome improvement. As long as they hold up I will be very happy.
Anybody attempt to put MIPs from a yeti on it yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
poohsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #588
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsad View Post
Anybody attempt to put MIPs from a yeti on it yet?
I had cheap CVA's for an Axial SMT10 that I briefly considering trying to install on the GOM, but it looks like the axle lengths are different.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #589
Quarry Creeper

So now after a few sessions out both of our gearboxes are struggling to get into 2nd gear. Ive cleaned up the slider as best I can, but you still have to force it in by hand. I've ordered my son a stronger servo as his one is only 10kg vs my 20kg, as his is worse than mine for going into 2nd. I've also posted on the Gmade facebook page about it...thought it couldn't hurt...asking if maybe they can supply a rubber a boot or have a recommendation to sort this. I may try and remove the servo saver and give it a try....has anyone done this ?

At this rate I will just make it a single speed and not have the hassle...shame really. I may put my mamba X + 3800 from my bomber in and make use of 1 gear. Or even a brushed on 4S.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #590
RCC Addict

Curious if anyone has installed Proline tires on the stock GOM wheels I was thinking of Hyrax tires.
Barndog Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #591
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
So now after a few sessions out both of our gearboxes are struggling to get into 2nd gear. Ive cleaned up the slider as best I can, but you still have to force it in by hand. I've ordered my son a stronger servo as his one is only 10kg vs my 20kg, as his is worse than mine for going into 2nd. I've also posted on the Gmade facebook page about it...thought it couldn't hurt...asking if maybe they can supply a rubber a boot or have a recommendation to sort this. I may try and remove the servo saver and give it a try....has anyone done this ?

At this rate I will just make it a single speed and not have the hassle...shame really. I may put my mamba X + 3800 from my bomber in and make use of 1 gear. Or even a brushed on 4S.
I've got a Mamba X and a Holmes 4100 going in mine, but I'm keeping the 2 speed. I'll let you know how it goes.
jimkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:42 PM   #592
Rock Stacker

Quote:

I really hope someone comes out with a fix for this, I’ve also found that even when clean the plastic binds on its self.

RcAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 AM   #593
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcAnt View Post
I really hope someone comes out with a fix for this, I’ve also found that even when clean the plastic binds on its self.

I've lubricated the top and bottom channel for the sliding shift block.... but that area does need to be blocked off from debris though...
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:39 AM   #594
Rock Stacker

Some new parts for the GOM

Old 01-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #595
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barndog Racing View Post
Curious if anyone has installed Proline tires on the stock GOM wheels I was thinking of Hyrax tires.
My brother installed some Proline super swamper XLs on the stock wheels and the beads kept popping loose, he ended up ditching them due to the hassle

Quote:

My brother has resorted to just using it as a single speed too due to the shift mechanism issues.
I recall when I had a servo saver on my Wraith 2 speed it was pretty spotty with shifting, I later took out the servo saver and after resetting the end points it became much more reliable

As for the rubber boot, does anyone 3D print? there are flexible filiments that may be usefull in creating a shift linkage boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcAnt View Post
Some new parts for the GOM

I dont see anything
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #596
Rock Stacker

Hardened steel gears

Old 01-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #597
Quarry Creeper

Pics and links for hardened steel gears ? I would be interested in these...

Well I got a 20KG servo coming for my sons gom, so when that arrives I will remove the servo saver and do end points. You can see the saver has too much give in it when trying to go backwards and forwards.

No response as yet on facebook, so I also messaged them on instagram. Maybe if a few of us message they might take more notice. You cant post directly so Ive just put the same comment twice on 2 different posts.

Fill yer boots ! https://www.facebook.com/gmade.net/

Old 01-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #598
Rock Stacker

The gears are on Junfac

Old 01-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #599
Quarry Creeper

They look good. I would be happier running brushless through these, though until I know the gearbox can be sorted ( When I can face the strip down and servo replacement etc) I will hold off....
Old 01-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #600
Pebble Pounder

say your FB post - and here. Do you think its a servo issue or an issue with the springs on the shafts - ther'es a post earlier oand on other forums about adding gromets and shims to "strengthen" the spring.

Trying to clear the rebuild of my Wraith before starting on the GOM - hope I haven't got a duffer as some seem to have. be nice to incorporate fixes during the build rather than post
tachikoma1373 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmade, gom

Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malin's new Gmade R1 Rock Buggy BentKa G-Made Crawlers 59 09-28-2012 06:30 PM