Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #881
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

I will tell you Ruptures and stock foams..... Yeah I said that. I love my CI foams, but these keep working, so why switch. I just put them onto my latest build SKRAPPY , because I had them.was curious if they were still good, so OPIE tested them out, still OK 18 months later.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #882
I wanna be Dave

I'm really pleased with the J-Concepts Scorpios, they're 6" tall and quite grippy, great on the rocks and pretty good in the dirt too, oh and with a little wheelspeed they clean out pretty well which I didn't expect.

I just saw RPP put up a running video of their Gom which they built up on their Blog. It has the GearHead roof rack/light bar which I was interested to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGurm25WmQI&t=19s
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #883
Pebble Pounder

I'd watch the classifieds on the forums here. I got 4 Pitbull Growlers with alien compund and CI CC foams shipped for $30. Deals to be had. I often have to stop myself from buying stuff just because it's a good deal. Those things are so grippy it feels like cheating.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
poohsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #884
Rock Stacker

I was using RC4WD tyres with ci foams but I wasn’t getting what I expected out of them.
Switched to some pit bull rock beast 2’s with ci foams and wow the difference is unbelievable, managed to get the set of rock beast 2s for £30 of FB and the are like new.
They also look the business on the GOM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RcAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:02 AM   #885

It's true the AUSTARs are smaller than stock MT2202s... 125-130mm diameter vs 143mm. But the main point of interest is the price, they really are cheap as chips - can be found for under $20 shipped for four tires with foams. I suppose it wouldn't be a big risk trying a set of them, if they turn out to be not so great compound-wise it's still less than half the cost of most other options. I suppose if nothing else they could be a non-matching spare tire. Although I also don't have any spare wheels. There's $21 for 4 beadlocks on eBay but quality is again a question mark. Not that it'd matter much for the spare at least. But a pair of GT02s from Junfac would be $19 shipped so I guess that'd make more sense since they match my car and I only need 5 wheels even if installing a spare at the rear, having 4 and 4 of different kinds would be a bit wonky in that sense.
tvih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:47 AM   #886
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I'm really pleased with the J-Concepts Scorpios, they're 6" tall and quite grippy, great on the rocks and pretty good in the dirt too, oh and with a little wheelspeed they clean out pretty well which I didn't expect.

I just saw RPP put up a running video of their Gom which they built up on their Blog. It has the GearHead roof rack/light bar which I was interested to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGurm25WmQI&t=19s
Just ordered some of these for my son...will hopefully have them for the weekend...fingers crossed.
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:10 AM   #887

Just noticed the Scorpios would be the cheapest 2.2" tires at the shop where I got the GOM from, but even then it's about $50 for a set of 4, $75 if I wanted the matching spare. Duratrax Scalers and Approaches in C3 compound would be only slightly more, but come premounted on a non-beadlock wheel and the tread doesn't look all that promising.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #888
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvih View Post
Just noticed the Scorpios would be the cheapest 2.2" tires at the shop where I got the GOM from, but even then it's about $50 for a set of 4, $75 if I wanted the matching spare. Duratrax Scalers and Approaches in C3 compound would be only slightly more, but come premounted on a non-beadlock wheel and the tread doesn't look all that promising.
Try the Duratrax Deep Woods or Showdown. They do have tire-only versions without the wheel. They might not be in stock at the moment, but they should be by next month?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #889

The Deep Woods do look nice, but I would have to buy those from abroad - no one carries them here. Those two I mentioned are the only 2.2" Duratraxes the store carries, and they're quite discounted so they're probably just trying to get rid of them. I'm not really sure what's going on with Duratrax anyway. I thought Horizon didn't buy them from Hobbico, it wasn't mentioned in what I had read on the subject - all that was mentioned was Great Planes, Tower, Axial and Arrma. But it does seem the copyright on Duratrax's website is now Horizon's so I guess they did?

But I think anything much more expensive than the Austars will likely have to wait, buying both the GOM and the Komodo (plus upgrades) when I was only supposed to buy the latter kinda emptied out my finances so gotta focus on cheap stuff & necessities. Not the end of the world in that the stock tires are usable enough in the meanwhile.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #890
Pebble Pounder

ChecK out the ftx mauler 2.2s if you can get them locally. I'm not really in a position to offer perf advice but they look scale and are almost the same size as the stock gom tyres. I think one of the pics in my gom thread shows it as a spare and my "black two" thread shows them on my wraith.
tachikoma1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:36 AM   #891
Quarry Creeper

The mauler 2.2s are 140mm tall, so the same size has stock bomber tyres...slighter smaller than the GOM tyres. However they are cheap. Ive noticed that the wheels they have are also dirt cheap. These could be good as I need a cheap set of wheels to glue some ripsaws on as the bead isnt great for beadlocks...I boiled them off another set and theyve not been the same since...
Old 04-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #892
Quarry Creeper

J-concepts arrived...they are huge. This is them next to standard Gom.. .bomber and then some proline flatirons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by thewildblue77; 04-27-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:59 AM   #893
Quarry Creeper

We have a casualty...any metal axles out there yet?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:28 AM   #894
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildblue77 View Post
Damn! No metal axles yet.
OzarkCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #895
I wanna be Dave

Beef tube ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:46 AM   #896
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildblue77 View Post

Had the same breakage a couple weeks ago. Really brittle plastic. I was thinking about rigging some beef tubes, just haven't tried yet.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #897
Quarry Creeper

It was quite cold out...i also did a rather large jump...it landed well....but then I ran out of room and it clobbered something. I thought about some ar60 axles...but I like the width of the GOM. On a plus side my son's j concept tyres went everywhere my hyrax did...well worth the money...about 2/3rds of the cost.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #898
Quarry Creeper

Ordered 2 sets of axles, 2 sets of hard springs ( to put on the fronts of both GOMs) and 2 uprated lockers. Coming from Junfac as RCMART was out of stock. Well thats a week or 2 with the GOM out of action.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #899
Pebble Pounder

Well I just went and broke my second axle shaft right at the dogbone. Been afraid if the CVAs. Are they any stronger or should I just feed it more dogbones?

Old 04-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #900
Quarry Creeper

The CVAs eat pins to a degree...but if you heatshrink and CA them in then they are alot stronger.

Tags
gmade, gom

Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malin's new Gmade R1 Rock Buggy BentKa G-Made Crawlers 59 09-28-2012 06:30 PM