Notices

Thread: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
I checked this morning and mine had left Hong Kong on a plane last night. Just checked again and it's in Chicago.
Awesome! Mine's in L.A.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 06:52 PM   #142
Pebble Pounder

digging this thing, however i would have preferred several other general upgrades be included over the 2 speed and dig included at that price. Not everyone wants/needs a 2 speed and dig but everyone benefits from better driveshafts, cvds, etc. Also im hoping for good aftermaket support.

That being said i still want it!
professorcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:33 AM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorcake View Post
digging this thing, however i would have preferred several other general upgrades be included over the 2 speed and dig included at that price. Not everyone wants/needs a 2 speed and dig but everyone benefits from better driveshafts, cvds, etc. Also im hoping for good aftermaket support.

Yeah, but it's a lot easier to swap out better driveshafts and cvds (I'm sure the aftermarket for this rig is coming) than it is to try and gerry rig a dig and 2 speed from another rig to work in this rig or wait for the aftermarket development of them. Just my 2 pennies
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:16 AM   #144
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorcake View Post

Totally. Seems like this could be said for all rigs from all companies. Why has the approach to build the most solid foundation/drivetrain not been adopted? The more specific tech would be best left as later additions.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #145
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Yeah, but it's a lot easier to swap out better driveshafts and cvds (I'm sure the aftermarket for this rig is coming) than it is to try and gerry rig a dig and 2 speed from another rig to work in this rig or wait for the aftermarket development of them. Just my 2 pennies
I am inclined to think those who know they want DIG and a two speed transmission would be happy to swap them in later, or better yet buy the options before they build it up(because the options should exist already and not be flakey promises(take note Axial)).

Win, win.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:43 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Gmade has a dig for the R1 ...... it’s a so so unit. The two speed will help on this one I suspect.
Aftermarket support ? I doubt it, although I could make things fit with a little help. Junfac parts didn’t impress me, I shattered the driveshaft bells.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

It has arrived!

Old 10-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Gmade has a dig for the R1 ...... it’s a so so unit. The two speed will help on this one I suspect.
Aftermarket support ? I doubt it, although I could make things fit with a little help. Junfac parts didn’t impress me, I shattered the driveshaft bells.

Hang up and Drive
I really like this rig, but I was thinking the same thing on aftermarket support. I doubt it will see the depth and breadth of an Axial product in that department unfortunately.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
I am inclined to think those who know they want DIG and a two speed transmission would be happy to swap them in later, or better yet buy the options before they build it up(because the options should exist already and not be flakey promises(take note Axial)).

Win, win.
I suppose. IDK, I like the idea of the dig and 2 speed right out of the box though. Problem is, and as others have stated, I doubt this rig will see a lot of aftermarket support. So, if you did ever want dig and a 2 speed if it didn't come with it, you'd either be screwed or have to modify and custom fit something. (Which I'm not entirely opposed to). Anyway, I think we probably will at least see "simpler" parts like drive shafts and such.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It has arrived!

Looking forward to hearing what you think and how it performs! I'm so close to ordering one, but I've been hesitant as I'm a bit concerned about aftermarket support. It looks sick right out of the box though!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn’t worry about aftermarket support . My R1 was a tank, outside of the teeny bearings it ate, the driveshaft issue I had was due to the height and angles. I found the stock shafts were quite strong

Before I sold it, I had made a set of WildBoar shafts that fit.

Hang up and Drive
Old 10-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #152

Kinda interested... I was saving for a TRX4, but it's quite similar to my SCX10 II.
Jeece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:07 PM   #153
Rock Crawler

Tracking says mine is in Kansas at the sorting center, which is about two hours from where I am. I was right when I said it would be delivered when I was at Crawlapalooza I've done 3 scratch builds in the last couple months, two of them being pretty involved, so I might let this kit set for a couple weeks till I get the bug. Awe hell, I'll probably start on it soon as I get home Unfortunately I'm plum outta electronics and will have to buy everything. That's always a kick in the giblets. Cost more than the kit most of the time

Soze, congrats on being an early bird and getting yours already. Hurry up, build it and let us know your thoughts. I'll be expecting your report by the end of the week
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:51 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Tracking says mine is in Kansas at the sorting center, which is about two hours from where I am. I was right when I said it would be delivered when I was at Crawlapalooza I've done 3 scratch builds in the last couple months, two of them being pretty involved, so I might let this kit set for a couple weeks till I get the bug. Awe hell, I'll probably start on it soon as I get home Unfortunately I'm plum outta electronics and will have to buy everything. That's always a kick in the giblets. Cost more than the kit most of the time

Soze, congrats on being an early bird and getting yours already. Hurry up, build it and let us know your thoughts. I'll be expecting your report by the end of the week
That's the kicker though isn't it? All these cool toys, but lack of time lol. I've got 3 or so kits I'm still finishing up. I always tend to finish the chassis pretty quick. Where I get held up is the body. I have to plan out when I can paint... time for off-gassing before I can bring it in the house to detail it more (wife is sensitive to smell and can still smell the paint from the next room literally months after painting it)... plan around work... family...
Old 10-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Unboxing to show you guys what came in the box.

https://youtu.be/z0SHAhsUbqE

Last edited by soze; 10-05-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It has arrived!
Lucky you, get building! Thanks for unbox video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
I really like this rig, but I was thinking the same thing on aftermarket support. I doubt it will see the depth and breadth of an Axial product in that department unfortunately.
Probably use a few parts and tweeks, but hopefully it shouldn't need a bunch of extra parts to be reliable.

Quote:
...Awe hell, I'll probably start on it soon as I get home Unfortunately I'm plum outta electronics and will have to buy everything. That's always a kick in the giblets. Cost more than the kit most of the time
Sweet! Hobbywing WP1080 esc, Flysky radio.

Last edited by Natedog; 10-07-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #157
Quarry Creeper

I got my shipping notice from RPP today! Hopefully it will be here Monday.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Pictures !!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 10-06-2017, 04:50 AM   #159
Rock Crawler

Exactly what I thought. Mine was delivered yesterday while I was on my way to Oklahoma.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #160
I wanna be Dave

I noticed last night that Harley was doing a live build of the Gom

I just found out that my brother ordered one and we'll be building it this weekend if we're lucky
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmade, gom

Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malin's new Gmade R1 Rock Buggy BentKa G-Made Crawlers 59 09-28-2012 06:30 PM