Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #641
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

Well my son wanted to try a brushless setup in his GOM. So I decided to try the cheapest of the cheap and got a GoolRC F540 3000kv with 45amp esc for £26. I fitted it last night and put a 15t pinion on it. Its noticeably faster than his 20T on 3S, but it does cog ever so slightly, he isnt bothered as being 13 he managed to make wheelspeed work for him everywhere. I think that its the esc that is the limiting factor, so I may try and put an 80amp or greater in there next.....I think it should be faster than it is. But my experience of brushless is limited to Mamba Xs and castle motors...with the exception of a goolrc 3650 3800...albeit running off a castle sidewinder esc.
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #642
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildblue77 View Post
Well my son wanted to try a brushless setup in his GOM. So I decided to try the cheapest of the cheap and got a GoolRC F540 3000kv with 45amp esc for £26. I fitted it last night and put a 15t pinion on it. Its noticeably faster than his 20T on 3S, but it does cog ever so slightly, he isnt bothered as being 13 he managed to make wheelspeed work for him everywhere. I think that its the esc that is the limiting factor, so I may try and put an 80amp or greater in there next.....I think it should be faster than it is. But my experience of brushless is limited to Mamba Xs and castle motors...with the exception of a goolrc 3650 3800...albeit running off a castle sidewinder esc.
I'm not sure a different ESC will make a meaningful difference in top speed. How's the motor temp? If it's staying pretty cool, you could go for a bigger pinion.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #643
Quarry Creeper

Its low ambient here so temp isnt too bad, but a bigger pinion will just cog more.

Managed to break both GOMs today. on My sons the right handside dogbone somehow bent and snapped off the 2 ends...I have fixed it with my spare.

Then 30 mins later the pins that run in the CVA on mine decided to break. The pin just cracked. This is the 2nd one that has done that and of course they are a funny size ( 11.4mm I think) so I dont have any spares as I used the only one in the pack. Thing is these things shouldnt be snapping so I have messaged RC Mart in the meantime. Any thoughts or ideas on replacement ? I can see some on Junfac but I would imagine they will come on the slow boat....sigh.

Edit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcCvlMHgqFo&t=45s Here is you can hear it ping at the end.

Ordered some bits from Junfac anyway just incase...got some of those Shocks that RCANT showed us and some pins...

Last edited by thewildblue77; 02-04-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #644
Quarry Creeper

The spare snapped after 5 mins....bad batch maybe? His GOM is now RWD.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by thewildblue77; 02-13-2018 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:28 AM   #645
I wanna be Dave

Gmade 1/10 GR01 GOM Rockbuggy RTR (PRE-ORDER DATE Feb 5, 2018 ~ Feb 28, 201 - JunFac

I just noticed This up on Junfac's site, RTR in the works
Looks like its paired down a bit like usual, single speed, some plastic links replace some of the metal links

Side note I just picked up a new Gom on Ebay for a decent discount. There's a guy auctioning them off one at a time,
this one is a fresh untouched auction
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GMA56000-Gm...IAAOSwZW5Z6iN3

EDIT: I just received the Gmade secondary shocks and they are indeed oil filled shocks.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 02-12-2018 at 05:27 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:16 AM   #646
Quarry Creeper

Fitted the new Junfac additional shocks. Put on some praline wheels with some hybrid foams. Ci, Axial and proline combo....

The proline CI hybrids have gone into the original gmade wheels with some ripsaws.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #647
Quarry Creeper

Took it out this afternoon to try out the shocks and the new cva pin snapped again...i must have dodgy cvas as this is now the 3rd pin on the offside. I've got 2 new sets of cvas coming just in case though.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #648
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildblue77 View Post
Took it out this afternoon to try out the shocks and the new cva pin snapped again...i must have dodgy cvas as this is now the 3rd pin on the offside. I've got 2 new sets of cvas coming just in case though.

I wonder if they've designed the CVA's with the same 30 degree max the dogbones have? that would be a pretty big oversight

Old 02-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #649
I wanna be Dave

That was the R1’s weak spot

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #650
Quarry Creeper

This time it popped in a straight line....though it was under power. I think that my "cup" on the end has worn or is slightly oversize which gives it play in the pin. I will see when the other ones arrive.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:30 PM   #651
I wanna be Dave

I'm considering stocking up on axles, my brother just broke a front axle, he's also bent a rear axle (where the pin goes through)

I was curious if anyone had any idea what weight of shock oil was provided with the kit? Mine was not labeled so I opted to not use it, but it'd be nice to know what it might be for future use.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #652
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I'm considering stocking up on axles, my brother just broke a front axle, he's also bent a rear axle (where the pin goes through)

I was curious if anyone had any idea what weight of shock oil was provided with the kit? Mine was not labeled so I opted to not use it, but it'd be nice to know what it might be for future use.
I wonder if creeperbob can make titanium Axle Shafts for the GOM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #653
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I wonder if creeperbob can make titanium Axle Shafts for the GOM.
I didn't realize he made axles, I'll send him a PM, its worth a shot.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #654
I wanna be Dave

I just noticed new C hubs on Junfac, so now they have a 10 degree caster version and a 20 degree version
Old 02-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #655
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just noticed new C hubs on Junfac, so now they have a 10 degree caster version and a 20 degree version
I was just on there yesterday, and I didn't realize they had 2 different C hubs.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should order the HD gears from them with their expensive shipping or not.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #656
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I was just on there yesterday, and I didn't realize they had 2 different C hubs.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should order the HD gears from them with their expensive shipping or not.
Expensive shipping and dont forget an unsecure website, the only saving grace is that paypal takes care of the transaction.

I noticed RPP has a slow trickle of parts coming in, I'm waiting on them to stock some things. Though I wonder if demand was a bit low and kept them from diving in and fully stocking things or if its just not shipping out from Gmade? I guess I could ask them in their thread.

And on the subject of caster, I know it should have an effect on steering I'm just not sure what, I'll do some research but fill me in if you know what more caster might do.
EDIT: I did find a good thread to do a bit of research in RC Crawler Steering

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 02-22-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:55 AM   #657
Quarry Creeper

I would be interested in titanium axle shafts. Still waiting on my CVA's, chinese new year has delayed everything somewhat.

I think the shock is ~30WT judging by how it feels next to my Axial shocks on the same weight. Maybe slighty lower.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:54 AM   #658
RCC Addict

Gmade sent me some new front axles (dog bone style) because my pins were coming out and I'm running a brushed 35 so it's pretty slow.But at least they came through.
Barndog Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #659
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barndog Racing View Post
Gmade sent me some new front axles (dog bone style) because my pins were coming out and I'm running a brushed 35 so it's pretty slow.But at least they came through.
So its a fault from Gmade then...the CVA pins need to be larger...I think they are 11.4mm, but trying to find 12mm pins that fit....well I struggled and failed...
Old 02-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #660
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
And on the subject of caster, I know it should have an effect on steering I'm just not sure what, I'll do some research but fill me in if you know what more caster might do.
EDIT: I did find a good thread to do a bit of research in RC Crawler Steering
Natedog chimed in on the subject of caster in another thread

Quote:
Hey Nate maybe I can pick your brain for a moment on Caster?

I've been reading up on the matter and have come to roughly understand that with crawlers more is generally better for turning ability but too much may cause rubbing on the links and/or springs.
So is the general concept to get as much as possible without causing too much rub?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Sure and yes more is generally better (I'm sure there's too much at some point lol) it helps the edges of front tires dig in and pull up over steep/difficult climbs, also as you steer it drops the front ride height helping weight transfer. Yes, more caster is more likely to cause link and/or shock, steering linkage, panhard clearance problems. I'd say 20* is about max you'd want, so G-Made must have done some homework.

Tags
gmade, gom

Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malin's new Gmade R1 Rock Buggy BentKa G-Made Crawlers 59 09-28-2012 06:30 PM