Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Currie Rockjock 70s on GOM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Vanquish Currie Rockjock 70s on GOM

Good looking rig! Sorry for the delayed response, been working and it's been so hot in Texas. After working outside in the heat it's hard to want to go out and play in the heat.

I used the scale VP hubs and the slw 725 adapters from VP with the VP beadlocks and tsl SX xl tires. This put it back to OEM Gom width on the narrower VP axles. It's a pretty awesome setup taking all the worry out of the axles. Use a lot of thread locker lol.
RockStacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2018, 11:48 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

So after breaking the gears on the rc4wd warn 9.5 winch I swapped to the Zeon dual power controller. It has a lot more power and works much better for a suckdown winch. It definitely has a lot more power than the single motor 9.5.

I had to space out the front stinger to make room, gonna work on cleaning up the plastic. I was worried about strength of the extensions but after holding up to several hard hits I think its work well.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:16 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStacker View Post
Good looking rig! Sorry for the delayed response, been working and it's been so hot in Texas. After working outside in the heat it's hard to want to go out and play in the heat.

I used the scale VP hubs and the slw 725 adapters from VP with the VP beadlocks and tsl SX xl tires. This put it back to OEM Gom width on the narrower VP axles. It's a pretty awesome setup taking all the worry out of the axles. Use a lot of thread locker lol.

Thanks rock stacker, that’s ok no worries buddy ,I bit the bullet in the end and went for the f9’s which was interesting , I missed the small detail of the rear f9 pumpkin location compared to the stock which is opposite , my bad ..... so after some brainstorming came to the conclusion if I got 1 another front truss and inverted the axle tubes drilled some new holes it would work and holy shit it did
This was the Initial order
A new drag link was needed which I made from stainless 6mm tube and brazed the stainless rod ends on , yes I know they probably won’t last but I just wanted to get it working for now .
Also all links needed attention to get the right angle into the axle’s ,
Sooo this is how it sits now I’m fairly happy how it’s looks and relieved to get it working
I remade the bonnet as I missed a fixing hole in the first attempt and also relocated the jack
Installed the winch and ran the cables hooked it up tested it annnnnnd doesn’t work I did when I first tested it after soldering on the 9v battery
Found a loose wire connected to the female side of connection, resoldered and still nothing so for now it’s just for show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Nice work. Looking good. Glad you were able to make your axles work. I dont have any good suggestions on the winch aside from pull it and test power straight to winch from a compatible voltage battery.

So I finally managed to get my panels wrapped and finish buttoning up the loose ends. Came out pretty nice.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Scaled pretty close to our real matching rig haha....
Old 08-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

That thing is awesome looks badass with the body wrap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:49 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Thanks, it came out pretty good. Lot of work but a fun build for sure.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

After rebuilding and sliming the leaking stock Gmade shocks several times, I have decided to abandon them and try something else.

I went with the 110mm proline pro-spec scalers. They are very nice shock that are very well built.
They are smaller diameter shocks that are mostly for looks but I don't race this thing anyway. I mostly crawl with an occasional high speed run on smoother surfaces.

I had to find some stiffer springs due to the weight of the Gom. But I really like the look and better ride of these over the stock shocks.

Thinking about trying some Krait wheels and pitbull rb2s in alien for a sticky set for smooth rock. Anyone have any experience with them?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I run Growlers with alien compound. Feels like cheating. They're insane. Total pitbulls fan now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
poohsad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and ordered some RB2s in alien! I love the tsls but they aren't the best on slick rock.

I tried to order some green venomous kraits but they were out of all green wheels. Thought it would be fun with the alien tire theme. Maybe next time. Went with the gunmetal they had in stock. No eta on green.

Great looking rig Poo! I love the truggy look on the Gom!

Last edited by RockStacker; 08-23-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Not too savy with video stuff yet but I tried to get a shot of a steep crawl using the suckdown winch to lower front end.

Hard to video and drive so don't judge lol.

https://youtu.be/DUVLGq5WrJU

Last edited by RockStacker; 08-26-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Got the RB2s and Venomous Kraits mounted up and tested today. They are pretty sticky! Enough to break the first shaft crosspin on the VP Currie rear axles. Very impressed so far.

Running CI Double Duece comp 6.0 foams with med outers front and firm rear. Thanks Eddie for the quick communication and fast shipping as always. Only way to foam!

I think with a little lug trimming and maybe a little sauce these tires could be even better than they are out of the box.

The Venomous Kraits are very nice especially for the money. Mounted up nicely with the pitbulls. Only downside I see is the lack of SLW adapter. But they come with a spacer that is about a 750+/- slw offset. I wasn't able to use it because I have the larger diameter RCV front shafts from VP. Thanks to Boom racing and asiatees for the great communication and quick shipping.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Good to hear they're letting you break new things!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
poohsad is online now   Reply With Quote

Vanquish Currie Rockjock 70s on GOM - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish currie rockjock axels NitroDarwin Axial SCX10 II 266 03-05-2020 05:27 PM
Vanquish Currie RockJock Axle fatroofus Newbie General 7 01-16-2016 11:31 AM
Vanquish Wraith AL axles vs. Currie Rockjock dna4engr Axial Wraith 15 10-13-2013 10:48 PM