Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I got completely BOM'd this weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: I got completely BOM'd this weekend

OS...can I get a top shot of your fuel cell?

Please & thank you.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Man, I like your BOM more every time I see it! There WILL be one in our garage, just not sure how soon.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I noticed the front wheels didn't sit too well in the arches, but just trimmed the rear of the arch some to make it look more even...
Kinda hard to see, but thats all I did and it looks OK to me. Tho I do plan on switching out to the SR5 cab soon...
DSC09982 by Peter Rathbone, on Flickr
Old n ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old n ratty View Post
I noticed the front wheels didn't sit too well in the arches, but just trimmed the rear of the arch some to make it look more even...
OK, glad it's not just me in that case!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post

Please & thank you.
Nothing fancy, just red with a little silver
Old 09-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Thanks for pic! Very nice...I was considering detailing it, guess I have to now.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Finally go the BOM out for a mainden run...well, playing around on the test curse. First though, some poser pics. Added a smaller PL TSL as a spare and a few details so it didn't look so bare out back. Kept it pretty simple so far.

Paint scheme was inspired by my 1:1 F150. I left off the rust option though.

This truck just flat performs. Can't wait to get it out in the wild. Wasn't much that challenged it. At least as capable as my SCX10v2 which is my gold standard. Had a little tire rub up front, but other than that it was smooth sailing.

This line gives most of my trucks fits. The BOM was barely breaking a sweat.

Conquered the 50d ramp, no problem.

Great approach and departure angles.

Over the moon with how this truck looks and performs. Can't wait to get it out on an actual trail run!
Old 10-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

How do you like that rear shock configuration? I was considering eventually end up with that configuration as well.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #29
RCC Addict

I was hoping to get mine out today but I have to go to the stupid fair.

Glad to see you happy with performance!
Old 10-09-2018, 08:27 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
How do you like that rear shock configuration? I was considering eventually end up with that configuration as well.
Don't have anything to compare it to, but there's no major TT that I noticed. It's a bit stiff compared to the front which is a good thing. I like it overall.

I'd like to switch over to the cants and a swaybar eventually and lower it down for a set of 4.19's. That's later though, plan to run it as is for a while.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:37 AM   #31

I just realized what the rear suspension looked like. Very odd having the shocks laid down at such an extreme angle with the top two mounts being so close together. Reminds me of a CrossRC Demon. Theoretically it should give you lots of flex at the expense of stability so I'm anxious to see how it performs out on the trail.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Don't have anything to compare it to, but there's no major TT that I noticed. It's a bit stiff compared to the front which is a good thing. I like it overall.

I'd like to switch over to the cants and a swaybar eventually and lower it down for a set of 4.19's. That's later though, plan to run it as is for a while.
I've actually also seen videos of a BOM using shock keys so that the rear suspension is in the traditional layout, but top tilted forward like this \ . It looked to perform really well in that configuration as well.

I'm more inclined now to give the cantilever setup a shot. It makes it unique and if Old n Ratty's adjustments work well... I'll probably order the Junfac cantilever parts and stick with it.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

No problems with stability that I've noticed. Sidehills very well. To be sure, a St. Pete's run is in order, and quickly!
Old 12-24-2018, 07:43 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Finally got out to St. Petes...

The BOM did excellent!! Very impressed. Climbed well, great sidehilling, and both mirrors are still attached after 3 hours of wheeling. Swapped on some Pitbulls and they made short work of the mud and rocks today. Didn't seem to mind the cold at all. Really a good performing truck.

No issues with the transmission, though another BOM that was there had the dreaded clicking inside. Apparently there's a new gearbox design that's out. So far, I didn't have any issues.

Can't think of a thing I'd change mechanically at the moment, just going to play around with wheels and tires and keep an eye out for a Dinky Honcho interior.

Last edited by OSRC; 12-24-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:50 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Finally got an interior in the BOM. Nothing fancy, just a Dinky Honcho kit. Fits the body perfect, just needed to remove a bit at the bottom to clear the motor and transmission.

Don't have any other plans for the truck. Well, maybe trying out some other wheels and tires, but otherwise it's good to go. Wheels good, looks good, ready for Spring!!
Old 03-14-2019, 02:52 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Nice truck! I like the work you have done and always seem to finish your trucks off nicely.

I was torn between the BOM and Venture SBK. Got the SBK in the end, but will keep an eye on these.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Been running my TRX4's lately, and some of my other trucks were getting jealous. So I grabbed my CMX and BOM and went to meet up with a friend. There ran into 3 other guys there who arrived at the same time, so we all hitched up and spent 5 hours on the rocks, trails and streams. Great day of wheeling! I picked the BOM as it was closest to what everyone else was running. I had removed some scale details so it was a little plain, but wheeled just as good as I remember.

Turns out there was another one out on the trails...we Bominated the other trucks... There was a well tuned SCX10 that kept up but we went pretty much anywhere.

We ended up with a good spread of trucks. 2 Bom's, Ascender, SCX10, and TRX-4.

Tearing up the hill climb. Pitbulls did great, conditions were damp, but not soggy. Traction was great all day!

Especially tough climb, pics don't do it justice. Bom walked right up it!

By the end of the run (5 hours or so), my transmission started to click a bit under hard climbs. Not sure of Gmade is still sending out replacement parts or not, I'll shoot over an e-mail and find out. Parked for now as I don't want to lunch the gears. :(

Last edited by OSRC; 07-01-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not sure of Gmade is still sending out replacement parts or not, I'll shoot over an e-mail and find out. Parked for now as I don't want to lunch the gears.
Guess they are, responded in less than 12 hours asking for my address. Excellent service!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Guess they are, responded in less than 12 hours asking for my address. Excellent service!
I'm surprised you haven't swapped out yet!

Anyway, I love my BOM. It performs really well, and somehow it's still flying under everyone's radar.

Whenever I take it out, other guys out there are actually interested and want one. Most comments I hear... "It's so quiet!", "That thing is planted!".

It's one of those trucks where you need to see it in person to really appreciate it, and what it can do even with a cantilever setup.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

This is only the third time I've had it out. I've been hit with TRX4 fever, though it's abated somewhat.

Mine is a bit noisy, I'm running a Traxxas pinion IIRC and it doesn't play well with the spur gear. The cut of the gears is a bit different. I'll try a few others when I swap out the trans.

It does fly under the radar, I'd say our two were the best wheeling trucks last weekend. It really is a good performer! We had similar electronics, the difference came down to the tires. Not sure what foams he was running, but my Pitbulls definitely had an advantage over his Hyrax in all situations.

Got an e-mail last night, the trans parts have already shipped. Big thumbs up to Gmade!!

I got completely BOM'd this weekend - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
signs the weekend ahead is going to suck (or be completely awesome) . ghtpdm5 Chit Chat 19 04-17-2013 05:50 PM
lets starts dfw crawl club weekend meets every weekend twistedcralerpleasur Texas 0 06-07-2011 09:18 PM
lets starts dfw crawl club weekend meets every weekend twistedcralerpleasur Texas 7 06-04-2011 12:03 AM
Colorado gtg/ comp this weekend and next weekend Skippy Colorado 1 08-14-2006 11:50 PM