Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GMADE BOM Gearbox problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 05:44 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GMADE BOM Gearbox problems

Whats the successful process? Do we just email contact@gmade.net & say we want the GS02 transmission fix? Do we need any proof of purchase or proof of ownership?
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
Whats the successful process? Do we just email contact@gmade.net & say we want the GS02 transmission fix? Do we need any proof of purchase or proof of ownership?
Email sales@gmade.net or contact@gmade.net. It might take a few tries.

They'll require proof of purchase. I used a screenshot of my ebay transaction.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Hmmm, i was looking at getting the Bom here in the UK, but not sure if they'll ship a replacement housing to me if i discovered an issue with mines.

What's the difference in design with the problematic ones and the replacement ones?
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:22 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Default GMADE BOM Gearbox problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcoretam View Post
Hmmm, i was looking at getting the Bom here in the UK, but not sure if they'll ship a replacement housing to me if i discovered an issue with mines.

What's the difference in design with the problematic ones and the replacement ones?

Complete redesign of a bad design.
Link above if I remember correctly
Post 34

GMADE BOM Gearbox problems
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 01-19-2019 at 09:24 PM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
That's correct, email them at that address and put on your patient face. It took them at least 2-3 weeks to reply to me but they did eventually reply.

Once I got a reply them from them their responses came quickly and the customer service was great.

They just asked me if my transmission was clicking, I said yes; then they asked me to check the gears for damage. They were offering to replace damaged gears along with the case, I didn't need the gears but my case will be here today/tomorrow.

Other than the long wait on my initial request I'm very happy with my dealings with Gmade so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcoretam View Post

I wouldn't worry about that, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem shipping to the UK. UK is closer to Korea than Canada (At least I think it is, but I'm actually too lazy to verify that right now) and they're shipping one to me.

They've redesigned how the front/rear halves mate and how the output gears are captured.

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 01-21-2019 at 11:50 AM.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:59 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Well I'm bummed and don't know what my next step should be? I emailed both addresses over a month ago and have not heard a peep from Gmade. The new style case/skid don't appear to be available separately either, otherwise I would have just bought them already. My son is rapidly losing interest in his BOM as it has started skipping gears from easier and easier driving. My son had saved up for ~6 months, and together we're ~$500 into this thing and he can't even drive the damn thing. I had really hoped for better based on our other Gmade's, but so far this experience is starting to leave a bad taste in our mouths like the fragile RC4WD drivetrain in my son's other truck that got us wanting a new truck in the first place.

Does anyone know the secret handshake for getting the updated parts? Perhaps you have a spare set you'd part with? Know of a source where I can buy the updated parts? I don't want to lose my best crawling buddy (my 8y.o. son) to Nintendo, but it's hard to keep him interested if I can't even get the parts to keep his car operational!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Well I'm bummed and don't know what my next step should be? I emailed both addresses over a month ago and have not heard a peep from Gmade. The new style case/skid don't appear to be available separately either, otherwise I would have just bought them already. My son is rapidly losing interest in his BOM as it has started skipping gears from easier and easier driving. My son had saved up for ~6 months, and together we're ~$500 into this thing and he can't even drive the damn thing. I had really hoped for better based on our other Gmade's, but so far this experience is starting to leave a bad taste in our mouths like the fragile RC4WD drivetrain in my son's other truck that got us wanting a new truck in the first place.

Does anyone know the secret handshake for getting the updated parts? Perhaps you have a spare set you'd part with? Know of a source where I can buy the updated parts? I don't want to lose my best crawling buddy (my 8y.o. son) to Nintendo, but it's hard to keep him interested if I can't even get the parts to keep his car operational!
I'd suggest continuing to to send them friendly "Hi, did you receive my email" type messages. They've always gotten back to me but responses have taken 6 weeks or more sometimes. They did just have their Lunar New years too, so the whole region was pretty much shut down for about 2 weeks. I don't mean to sound like I think is acceptable on their part, it's just how I think it seems to work dealing with them..

It seems that they don't reply until they have parts ready to ship which may be compounded by two things - 1) They're only getting limited production runs of the new part made & 2) I think they probably have a major backlog of people wanting the new design so those production runs run out quickly.

Essentially, when I sent my request for the new part I heard nothing for about 6 weeks. When I finally got a reply, 2 days later my parts were shipped. They also offered to replace any damaged gears for me if I needed. Once I had them talking, the service was quite good.

Are you on Facebook/in the bom group? Someone there has come up with a fix for the old case, I haven't tried it but it's alleged to work. Shoot me a pm if you're not on FB and I can grab the info for you. Essentially it involves two thing - improving the mating relationship of the trans case halves and improving the hold down for those pieces. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if it works or not.

Some people have gotten lucky by adding a comment when they order something else from Junfac when they check out and magically the parts are sent with their order..

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 02-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Try contacting the Junfac emails. I believe they are in the same office, or it sounded like it. The upgraded part was sent along with my Junfac order of option parts.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post

Are you on Facebook/in the bom group? Someone there has come up with a fix for the old case, I haven't tried it but it's alleged to work. Shoot me a pm if you're not on FB and I can grab the info for you. Essentially it involves two thing - improving the mating relationship of the trans case halves and improving the hold down for those pieces. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if it works or not.
I'd be interested in this info if you could post it here. If it works, I might be able to use this old transmission housing on another truck.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Hello, new to the Gmade family, proud owner of a TF2, son has an SCX10.2 Honcho, daughter has a TRX4 Sport... and a baby on its way (read on...).
Just a few days ago (on the 4th) pulled the trigger on a BOM (the baby!!!) and I’m waiting for it on the mail. Ordered it along with the majority of the option parts, a HW1080, HH Crawlmaster Pro 16T, HH SVH500v2, and an SR415 to control from my DX5C. I’ll be posting up my build, but mostly on the option parts than the build and performance. Anyways, on to the point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
Some people have gotten lucky by adding a comment when they order something else from Junfac when they check out and magically the parts are sent with their order..
Just to help out on the transmission upgrade parts, and maybe help out TheLetterJ... I ordered a few option parts from JunFac that were not in stock at the webstore where I bought the BOM and the majority of the option parts. That same night I emailed to the addresses that have been posted here. Well, just today I got a reply from them stating that they had seen my order at JuncFac and that they had included the parts in my order. Speaks volumes of the customer service as I didn’t even provided any proof of purchase of the BOM itself. I guess that I can confirm the parts once I get the package in the mail, still I’m just super amazed at how quick they got to me and with just one email. So don’t get discouraged and keep emailing them... or even buy some parts from JuncFac and on the comments part of the order, ask for the parts.

Last edited by 1SLWMoFo; 03-07-2019 at 10:07 PM.
1SLWMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Thanks for that 1slwmofo, I'm a bit surprised/disappointed that they still haven't returned any of my emails, but it looks like a Junfac parts order + request will be my best bet... and who doesn't like new parts?
Old 03-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I just wanted to update here to say that I placed a small order through Junfac and left a brief comment on the order, and today my order arrived with the new skid/trans housing in the same box (no charge!) Thanks for the heads up guys
Old 03-26-2019, 12:02 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just wanted to update here to say that I placed a small order through Junfac and left a brief comment on the order, and today my order arrived with the new skid/trans housing in the same box (no charge!) Thanks for the heads up guys
Glad you finally got it!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:01 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

That’s awesome!!! I got mine a few weeks back and it’s been installed ever since. Haven’t tested my truck yet since I found an issue with the optional steering knuckles and chubs when installed together with the stock plastic bushings. Steering is just plain awful as it is too bound up and the knuckle screws end up loosening up after cycling the steering a few times. Ordered a set of GOM brass bushings in hopes that they will fit properly. Tried with Vanquish AR44 bushings but they do not have the necessary clearance at the “washer” end (not sure of the correct word here). Let’s see...
Old 03-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLWMoFo View Post
That’s awesome!!! I got mine a few weeks back and it’s been installed ever since. Haven’t tested my truck yet since I found an issue with the optional steering knuckles and chubs when installed together with the stock plastic bushings. Steering is just plain awful as it is too bound up and the knuckle screws end up loosening up after cycling the steering a few times. Ordered a set of GOM brass bushings in hopes that they will fit properly. Tried with Vanquish AR44 bushings but they do not have the necessary clearance at the “washer” end (not sure of the correct word here). Let’s see...
Bilinvic and I are both using the BOM plastic bushings + SSD RC SCX10.2 knuckles and brass weights with the stock C-Hubs.

Last edited by soze; 03-26-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:20 PM   #56
RCC Addict

I got the updated trans installed, along with the lower rx box weights (7.75oz), and aluminum rear hinge parts. Fingers crossed that we never have to hear that clicking again!

My son also recently installed some 10.2 metal front shock hoops which really tightened up the steering. The higher panhard location required raising the servo ~5mm, now it can bottom both front shocks at the same time, and has zero bumpsteer. He also installed these 9.5oz 10.2 knuckles that use bearings instead of bushings: for Axial SCX10 II #XS-SCX230086 (FREE SHIP), ,(XS-SCX230086) by Xtra Speed Front Brass 1.9 inch Control Weight 132g I was more than pleased with them!
Old 03-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #57
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Bilinvic and I are both using the BOM plastic bushings + SSD RC SCX10.2 knuckles and brass weights with the stock C-Hubs.
I was about to pull the trigger on the SSD’s, but didn’t cause I already have a set of SLW style weights installed in the KMC Machetes I’m using. So didn’t see a point in buying the SSD’s if I was not going to take advantage of their weights. Guess I should’ve gone their way.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #58
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I got the updated trans installed, along with the lower rx box weights (7.75oz), and aluminum rear hinge parts. Fingers crossed that we never have to hear that clicking again!

My son also recently installed some 10.2 metal front shock hoops which really tightened up the steering. The higher panhard location required raising the servo ~5mm, now it can bottom both front shocks at the same time, and has zero bumpsteer. He also installed these 9.5oz 10.2 knuckles that use bearings instead of bushings: for Axial SCX10 II #XS-SCX230086 (FREE SHIP), ,(XS-SCX230086) by Xtra Speed Front Brass 1.9 inch Control Weight 132g I was more than pleased with them!
I doubt that the clicking will ever come back. I have installed in my Bom a HW1080P with a HH Crawlmaster 16T and 4.75 Hyrax’s in Predator compound and they are sticky AF on smooth floor tiles, and tested against the wall at full throttle... no clicking whatsoever. I can tell you that it was a workout for the rig cause you could here the motor torquing real good. I may not compare exactly to finding yourself bound up on some tight rocks, but a good test nonetheless.

Those Xtra Speed knuckles I had thought about as well when ordering my BOM, but again backed off of them since I already had a set of wheel weights. I’ll just be patient and test out the GOM brass bushings on the Gmade aluminum knuckles for the BOM. If they’re a good fit, well better for all of us, more options.

Last edited by 1SLWMoFo; 03-27-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #59
Rock Stacker

I have emailed them 3 times and have not heard a thing either. Frustrating...
GR8 PMKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLWMoFo View Post
I doubt that the clicking will ever come back. I have installed in my Bom a HW1080P with a HH Crawlmaster 16T and 4.75 Hyrax’s in Predator compound and they are sticky AF on smooth floor tiles, and tested against the wall at full throttle... no clicking whatsoever. I can tell you that it was a workout for the rig cause you could here the motor torquing real good. I may not compare exactly to finding yourself bound up on some tight rocks, but a good test nonetheless.

Those Xtra Speed knuckles I had thought about as well when ordering my BOM, but again backed off of them since I already had a set of wheel weights. I’ll just be patient and test out the GOM brass bushings on the Gmade aluminum knuckles for the BOM. If they’re a good fit, well better for all of us, more options.
Yeah, you won't hear the clicking anymore. All the gears are now held together on one half (upper) of the assembly. The issue was the 2 halves separating under load creating a gap in the top and lower half gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 PMKN View Post
I have emailed them 3 times and have not heard a thing either. Frustrating...
Yeah, it's more like their email provider sucks.... you get a lot of message undeliverable. Korea's Internet is supposed to be one of the fastest, but I guess they don't pay for a good host with a large inbox.

The easiest way to get the part is to order something from Junfac and let them know you have an issue so that they can have it included in your shipment.

GMADE BOM Gearbox problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bilinvic's Gmade GS02 BOM bilinvic G-Made Crawlers 152 01-02-2022 05:32 PM
Now In Stock the NEW Gmade Korea GS02 BOM 1/10 4WD Ultimate Trail Truck Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-24-2018 02:49 PM
Pre-Order Now The NEW Gmade Korea GS02 BOM 1/10 4WD Ultimate Trail Truck Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-31-2018 12:54 PM
Gearbox problems.... CTPATRIOT Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 11-09-2012 06:40 PM