Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2mtech's La BOMba

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2mtech's La BOMba

Nice job, Wyatt. Hope to see this one out at GCM Adventure Series in a few weeks.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Nice job, Wyatt. Hope to see this one out at GCM Adventure Series in a few weeks.
Thanks, David! Planning on it!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Finally had the weather to make a daylight BOM run.

Just some poser pics, still beyond trying to drive one-handed and video...need to rig the Xaomi on the tx.

I had no complaints at all about the suspension. I found the cantilever rear very capable, and more then stable with the new2rocks spread. It was actually hard to roll, even trying, and articulation was predictable, consistent and satisfying.

For all those who summarily discarded the stock tires during the build, I have to say you may be missing out. I found the stockers to be pretty darn good, even with stock foams. I'm sure they could benefit from some CI foams, and some more rig weight to get a broader contact patch would help too, but I'm not going to be in a hurry to replace these tires. They're no match for Hyrax tires and two stage foams on rock, but they did great for crawling up packed and loose dirt, sand and wood.

Overall really happy with the rig. Can't wait to run it in the GCM Adventure Series event in a couple weeks!

Last edited by 2mtech; 10-07-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #24
RCC Addict

In your opinion, do you think this rig would benefit from using rear upper link risers? The goal being to get more anti-squat? I've done this on multiple other 4 linked trucks and noticed great improvement in keeping the front end from lifting. Thoughts or comments? Thanks.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Looks great man! My build is just going slow lol.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
In your opinion, do you think this rig would benefit from using rear upper link risers? The goal being to get more anti-squat? I've done this on multiple other 4 linked trucks and noticed great improvement in keeping the front end from lifting. Thoughts or comments? Thanks.
The geometry of the links already being fairly ideal to my eye, I can't see link risers making any significant difference. Were I running a high torque brushless power plant I may feel differently.

There is also very little discernible torque twist even under zero-to-whiskey throttle. Here again, a 1900kv brushless motor may change that and link risers could become advantageous.

All that said, I'll likely add the sway bar when available anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Looks great man! My build is just going slow lol.
I don't know, it looks like you build really fast in your videos.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Looks great, Wyatt! Glad you’re enjoying it. “thumbsup”
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Looks great, Wyatt! Glad you’re enjoying it. “thumbsup”
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Looks great, digging the wheels! Glad you like the performance, very pleased with mine- especially after the canti mods....
Old n ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old n ratty View Post
Looks great, digging the wheels! Glad you like the performance, very pleased with mine- especially after the canti mods....
Thank you! Love the wheels myself. Not having run the suspension as designed I have no reference, but as well behaved as the modified suspension is I believe I can keep on just fine not knowing!

Now if I could just figure out how to start making some wheel wells from Cool Whip containers. Creativity is not my forte.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Holy shiiiiiiii......ran a 19 stage, 2.5 mile GCM Adventure Series Expedition course on 1:1 trails today in moderate rain with plenty of snotty terrain and slick rocks.

The BOM did awesome!! Couldn't be happier with it, even still running stock tires & foams. It pulled every line and technical obstacle the girl's Hyrax-clad Ascender did, and a couple it couldn't. ;) Saw a pic on FB from someone of my rig in a mud trough up to the windshield...never missed a beat.

GCM and BowHouse/Helios put together yet another fantastic event. We loved the expedition type course with a single tough bonus gate in each stage. Chris from GCM made the trip down from Hockeyland by himself for this one. Him, and David (new2rocks) and Nick from BowHouse, and their families, make these truly pleasurable events without all the negative BS I read about from other type comps.Thanks, guys!

More fun tomorrow. Too busy driving to shoot pics or video, but I'll have some YouTube video of the best gallery I've seen yet. Voting was hard!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 2mtech; 10-20-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Well, it's official. I finally have a rig that outperforms the girl's hideous Pepto Bismol Ascender, much to her dismay.

Yes, it's true, the stock-tired BOM out climbs and out sidehills the Hyrax-tired Ascender. After years of her putting my Axials and MSTs, and the boy's Komodo, to shame, she finally had to eat some humble pie. I tried pulling some of the same rock slopes and crawl lines the BOM had just completed where she couldn't follow, and it was not to be. The BOM has quickly become my favorite rig.

It was obviously traumatically exhausting for her as she had to take a nap mid-trail

2mtech's La BOMba - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2mtech's SCX10ish Power Wagon 2mtech 1.9 Scale Rigs 66 08-21-2018 08:31 PM
2mtech's TF2 LWB LC70 build 2mtech RC4WD Trail Finder 2 20 09-19-2017 09:40 PM