Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GS02 BOM 2-speed info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default GS02 BOM 2-speed info

I can’t seem to find ANY info/pics apart from 1 video showing how much fun it looks like.

I’ve got my mind SET on buying a GS02 and just joined a local crawler group (yayyy finally some friends...lol) but never actually “crawled” before. Supposedly it’s a hoot and I just wanna fit it in!

but sometimes just a “light” thrashing about seems like the best of both worlds.

Any reason why no one seems to have it or at least share with the world their experience?
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: GS02 BOM 2-speed info

My son built (while I supervised) a BOM at Christmas and it's a great little truck, with one exception. The way the transmission goes together has bearings seated 1/2 in the top case, and 1/2 in the bottom case, under moderate loads it allowscthe gears in the front half of the case to climb each other, ever so slightly opening the case halves, which loosens the gear mesh, and eventually strips the gears.

Gmade redesigned the skid/transmission housing to have the bearing pockets entirely in the top half of the case, eliminating the mesh problem. As far as I know, those updated parts are still not included with new kits so you'll have to email Gmade/Junfac to have them send out the updated parts (free of charge.)

All that said, in the pictures of the 2 speed conversion show that it uses the same problematic case design (as far as the bearing pockets are concerned) so I'd imagine that it will have the same problem/failure.

I do really like the BOM and I still think it was a good buy, but I'd suggest skipping the 2 speed and putting the money towards a sensored brushless motor/esc instead to fulfill your need for speed. That way you can have the much improved tranny case design that (as far as I know) was only developed for the single speed, but still have a broad range of useable speed that a brushed motor could not have acheived. Realistically, a 21t 550 brushed motor on 3s gives plenty of torque for crawling, and has a top speed that is nearly as fast as the chassis can handle.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Good to know, thank you. AND i asked Junfac about the updated skid/transmission and they said since Nov 2018 all kits now come with it!

So with brushless or a low turn motor would it just be down to throttle control? Or is this where transmitter settings come into play? I did order a 21 turn for my “scaler” but they sent me a 55t

I’m still curious about the 2 speed though, and knowing that the kits now come with the updated skid/transfer there may not be that problem
Old 06-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 BeelzeDub View Post
Good to know, thank you. AND i asked Junfac about the updated skid/transmission and they said since Nov 2018 all kits now come with it!

So with brushless or a low turn motor would it just be down to throttle control? Or is this where transmitter settings come into play? I did order a 21 turn for my “scaler” but they sent me a 55t

I’m still curious about the 2 speed though, and knowing that the kits now come with the updated skid/transfer there may not be that problem

Just be careful how they word that one - since Nov 2018 all kits MADE have the new design. It's very likely though (depending where you buy yours) that your kit may have been packaged BEFORE Nov 2018 and would have the old case.

It's proven to be impossible to get a hold of Gmade about the new case but lots people have had good luck getting it through Junfac.

I love my BOM, I'd even say I like it significantly more than my 10-2..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
Just be careful how they word that one - since Nov 2018 all kits MADE have the new design. It's very likely though (depending where you buy yours) that your kit may have been packaged BEFORE Nov 2018 and would have the old case.

It's proven to be impossible to get a hold of Gmade about the new case but lots people have had good luck getting it through Junfac.

I love my BOM, I'd even say I like it significantly more than my 10-2..

Good point. If I were to have ordered it through Junfac it would have come with the updated parts... but I got impatient for them to restock and ordered one on eBay. Let’s see what it comes with.

And good to know you like it better than your axial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GS02 BOM 2-speed info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bilinvic's Gmade GS02 BOM bilinvic G-Made Crawlers 152 01-02-2022 05:32 PM
Soze's GMADE GS02 BOM Build soze G-Made Crawlers 81 08-20-2021 12:41 AM
1SLWMoFo’s GS02 Bom 1SLWMoFo G-Made Crawlers 31 08-27-2019 06:29 PM
GS02 Bom Old n ratty G-Made Crawlers 89 11-17-2018 01:53 AM
Gmade GS02 BOM questions m1009cucv G-Made Crawlers 2 10-26-2018 08:05 PM