Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GS02 Trans case revision?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2020, 07:35 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default GS02 Trans case revision?

I have touched on this on a post over on "general crawlers" not sure if many will see it.

Looking for fisrt crawler and see the GS02 Bom THEN see many comments on the Transmission case being a problem with clicking of gears pointing to this. This turned me away from Gmade.
Then it was pointed out that a revision to the trans case as been made.

I asked in this post is there a way to tell if the kit has this revised part present. I do not want to buy one which as been on the shelf for ages.

Any info would be great please.
Gazzalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GS02 Trans case revision?

I just got a Gmade Komodo Double Cab GS02. I had the same concerns as well, given this truck and the BOM are the same chassis. I downloaded the manual for both trucks and they appear to have made a running change given that the illustration in both manuals shows the newer transmission/skid plate. Also, from other posts, if you were to get a kit with the other parts Gmade will replace them.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Tricky to explain what exactly the difference is without having pictures, and I never thought to get pictures when I updated mine. Ultimately, the main difference is that the output bearings are all captured, nothing is floating between two halves of a clamshell, I don't know if that makes sense the way I explained it or not..

Also, many people have run the old case just fine without the clicking noise. It's just a matter of needing to make sure that your transmission is built very carefully so that the upper & lower halves mate properly.
In some cases people have found it to beneficial to increase the holding strength of the plates that hold the trans case to the skid plate; either by using longer bolts with a nut and/or using a small metal plate to increase their strength.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
Tricky to explain what exactly the difference is without having pictures, and I never thought to get pictures when I updated mine. Ultimately, the main difference is that the output bearings are all captured, nothing is floating between two halves of a clamshell, I don't know if that makes sense the way I explained it or not..

Also, many people have run the old case just fine without the clicking noise. It's just a matter of needing to make sure that your transmission is built very carefully so that the upper & lower halves mate properly.
In some cases people have found it to beneficial to increase the holding strength of the plates that hold the trans case to the skid plate; either by using longer bolts with a nut and/or using a small metal plate to increase their strength.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
I figured those little plastic bits holding the trans together would have been prime candidates for upgrade parts. But alas, Junfac offered upgraded parts that didn’t really need it.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #5

I just built a BOM that for sure sat on the shelf for awhile because it must have the older style tran case. Its not the end of the world as long as you can get the case seated just right. However, I did write G-made to ask for the new replacement.
Liljun10 is offline   Reply With Quote

GS02 Trans case revision? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I replace the dig trans case with a regular case? redsawacs Axial Wraith 4 05-28-2013 09:16 AM