Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Advice/suggestions required in regards to the GS02 TA Pro Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2020, 05:03 AM   #1

Default Advice/suggestions required in regards to the GS02 TA Pro Kit

Hello everyone, I'm new to the crawling scene. I've built and raced 4wd off roaders such as buggies and trucks before but never a crawler.

I originally wanted to build a custom clod buster style monster truck but the money and effort of shipping parts from the U.S has put me off for now. So, I decided to go with a sort of racing crawler truck. I went for the Gmade GS02 TA Pro chassis kit as it looked appealing to me and it also has "upgraded parts".

Anyway, my questions are that have I made the right decision to go with this model? What greases and lubrication do I need to buy? (I.E for diffs, shocks and other applications) I know that it will come with stock grease but I want to build it to a high standard that will last for a while.

I also need suggestions for electronics, however I do want it pretty speedy because I will be powering it up areas which have smooth hills and flat spots aswell as other terrain.

If you guys have any other information that would valuable to a newbie, I would gladly take it on board.

Thanking you all for your time and input in advance, cheers!

Golden_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #2

Default Re: Advice/suggestions required in regards to the GS02 TA Pro Kit

Before I got my Double Cab, I was thinking of just getting this pro kit. But after considering all the upgrades and the cost of the bodyshell if you get them locally in the UK, they all add up and I don't think it justify the extra cost for the cantilever rear suspensions setup.

What's your intend use of the rig? I just finished installing the running electronics with Holmes Puller Pro 2203kV, Mamba X and Savox SW-2210SG servo. One little problem for this setup is noise, they are all very noisy. Plenty of people say you don't need the two-speed upgrade depends on what motor/battery combo that you use. I find my setup with the stock 13T pinion is not not very 'speedy' as I come from the on-road and buggy scenes. I also used quite a bit of SCX10 II parts to beef it up as well, they are very abundant and cheaper than the original Gmade/JunFac aluminium parts.
Justhandguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I think it's a good call going with the TA Pro kit. I went with the TS kit and have spent the difference already on the metal ball set and lockers and I still don't get the rear suspension options (not that I wanted them).

I have my TS set up with an RC4WD 35T motor and a 3S lipo, and it's pretty quick already (dog slow on 2S, though). 3S gives it the wheel speed needed for a lot of obstacles.

I have a 2 speed kit on the way and am planning on going with a 2700kv brushless in the future so it should be legitimately fast.

Only other thing I'd say about the kit is the hardware seems to be a little undersized in terms of the head/tool size. I ended up replacing most of the bolts with larger head size stainless steel bolts.
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:25 AM   #4

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I've just built my TA Pro, I like it...however the stock screw/ heads round off rather easily. I'm currently looking for the stainless screw set but I can only find ones for the GS01.

My intended use is speeding it up flats and hills. A bit of crawling here and there but I'm mainly going for speed. I've currently got a cheap 17T motor in there with Absima ESC and 5000 MAH 2S lipo. My bugdet is around £120 maximum for the brushless motor/ ESC together. Any suggestions buddy? Also, where do you get your spare/modified parts from? I usually get mine from Modelsport.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:28 AM   #5

Hello there and thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes the TS kit isn't bad either. I've just finished building my TA PRO kit. I'll ask you the same question too as you've built the TS version. I like it...however the stock screw/ heads round off rather easily.

I'm currently looking for the stainless screw set but I can only find ones for the GS01. So where did you find the stainless screw/bolts? Any links buddy? That would help me out a lot as I've had enough of the soft stock screws, I need to replace them ASAP!
Old 05-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

For the stainless steel screws, I just used what I had from an M3 kit that had various lengths. For anything I didn't have, like the flat head screws or grub screws, I just looked at the manual (the page with the list of parts) and bought them from eBay. Some of the lengths I couldn't find so I just bought longer ones and cut them down to the right length.

For upgrades I bought everything from gmade/junfac directly.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
For the stainless steel screws, I just used what I had from an M3 kit that had various lengths. For anything I didn't have, like the flat head screws or grub screws, I just looked at the manual (the page with the list of parts) and bought them from eBay. Some of the lengths I couldn't find so I just bought longer ones and cut them down to the right length.

For upgrades I bought everything from gmade/junfac directly.

Yeah that's a good call, as I did the same in regards to the screws. I know Clod buster style wheels might not work but I'm happy with 2.2 inch 12 mm hex hub monster truck wheels.

I've currently got the Tamiya 2.2 inch monster spiked wheel/tyres on but they struggle turning a bit, it might be the underpowered servo though.

I'm thinking of buying some jun fac 2.2 wheel wideners so I can use wider monster truck wheels/tyres on my TA Pro.

JunFac 2.2" Wheel widner (4) (Offset: +13mm)* - JunFac

Will these fit the TA PRO?

Thanks for your input mate. It's helped me out a lot.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Banana View Post
Yeah that's a good call, as I did the same in regards to the screws. I know Clod buster style wheels might not work but I'm happy with 2.2 inch 12 mm hex hub monster truck wheels.

I've currently got the Tamiya 2.2 inch monster spiked wheel/tyres on but they struggle turning a bit, it might be the underpowered servo though.

I'm thinking of buying some jun fac 2.2 wheel wideners so I can use wider monster truck wheels/tyres on my TA Pro.

JunFac 2.2" Wheel widner (4) (Offset: +13mm)* - JunFac

Will these fit the TA PRO?

Thanks for your input mate. It's helped me out a lot.
I think those should fit, but I haven't tried them personally. I built mine as a 1.9" scaler so I'm using GMade steel wheels.

For brushless, I'm planning on trying the Hobbywing QuicRun, but am not sure if it's a good choice for crawling. Worst case I'd save it for another build. I will also be getting a Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro Stubby 2700kv for more wheel speed (the truck is already pretty fast on 3S with a 35T motor, so with a 2 speed and 2700kv brushless it should fly).
Old 05-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
I think those should fit, but I haven't tried them personally. I built mine as a 1.9" scaler so I'm using GMade steel wheels.

For brushless, I'm planning on trying the Hobbywing QuicRun, but am not sure if it's a good choice for crawling. Worst case I'd save it for another build. I will also be getting a Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro Stubby 2700kv for more wheel speed (the truck is already pretty fast on 3S with a 35T motor, so with a 2 speed and 2700kv brushless it should fly).

I've fully built the chassis kit now and have acquired all the necessary stainless steel screws of which I am in the process installing. All I need to do now it purchase a bodyshell and ESC/Brushless motor which I shall do in the near future. This kit came out pretty well. Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Tags
chassis, gmade, gs02, kit, ta pro

Advice/suggestions required in regards to the GS02 TA Pro Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IN STOCK NOW the NEW Gmade GS02 TA Pro Chassis Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 03-25-2019 04:18 PM
NOW IN STOCK the NEW Gmade GS02 TS Chassis Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 03-14-2019 03:16 PM
New Gmade GS02 kit. Old n ratty G-Made Sawback 2 06-21-2018 02:23 AM
Bomber kit upgrades required? rhodo Axial RR10 Bomber 8 07-10-2016 09:30 AM
Which tools required to assemble kit? jeffncs Tools, and Procedures 6 12-29-2013 09:18 PM