Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Question to owners of the GS02 BOM - necessary spare parts? Durability?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2020, 04:30 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Question to owners of the GS02 BOM - necessary spare parts? Durability?

Hi,
I'm in the process of building by GS02 Bom. Since parts are not readily available in a hobby shop close by, I was wondering what you would keep on hand as spare parts?
Has anyone broken something?

*by the way I have the new transmission case and skid plate.

thanks
Charles
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Question to owners of the GS02 BOM - necessary spare parts? Durability?

Mine has many fairly rugged miles on it, running the cantilever rear suspension and even still on the original skid plate, and I have yet to have anything break.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Question to owners of the GS02 BOM - necessary spare parts? Durability?

The items I'd highly advise are: aluminum c-hubs, knuckles and front shock tower.

C-hubs and knuckles because in my experience plastic one always break. And the front shock towers because the panhard mount is integrated (similar to a 10.2) and it can be sheared off fairly easily.

I've been running Bom for a full season and nothing broke, but upgraded those items when I built it.

Aluminum servo mount is nice to have for it's increased stiffness as well.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Before you ask - Yes 10.2 shock towers can be used. They fit 80% but you have massage your panhard link length and the rod end for it because the 10.2 panhard mount keeps the rod end much closer to the frame when compared the proper Bom part.

10.2 servo mount can also be used but the holes for the oil pan don't line up so they need to be re-drilled.

I used the 10.2 servo mount but the Junfac Bom shock towers. I didn't like the amount of jerry-rigging involved to make the 10.2 towers fit.

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 04-09-2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Sp
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The BOM has been my son's primary crawler for over a year (2 years?) and besides the issue with the old trans case/skid, the only thing he's broken was a single driveshaft pin, and there may have even been a spare in the kit. It has been pretty solid.

I agree that aluminum front shock hoops make a worthwhile improvement in steering (due to the integrated panhard mount) as well as a set of brass knuckles (we used 9.5oz Xtra Speed knuckles for SCX10.2) and an aluminum servo horn (I believe we ended up with an 18 or 20mm horn) to get rid of all of the flex in the steering system. After playing with servo height and panhard length, the BOM has zero bumpsteer now, which is more than I can say about any other rc with a panhard bar that I've ever dealt with. That said, I wouldn't say those parts are mandatory, just nice upgrades, and of course there are many other upgrades available too.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the replies. I found a shock tower kit on amazon. It's the Injora kit for the SCX 10 II. Looks really nice.
I'll start with that and get the balance later at the end of the month.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesd View Post
Thanks for the replies. I found a shock tower kit on amazon. It's the Injora kit for the SCX 10 II. Looks really nice.
I'll start with that and get the balance later at the end of the month.
When you get this set of shock tower, you may need to be careful with the front left one with the steering link attached. You may need to carefully adjust the servo horn in order to make the clearance. My way of doing it is to add some washers to adjust how the servo sits. Otherwise, they are excellent to take away the flex. It doesn't cure the front suspension entirely because of the way they are attached to the battery holder, but it is a lot better than the plastic ones.
Justhandguns is offline   Reply With Quote

Question to owners of the GS02 BOM - necessary spare parts? Durability? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bilinvic's Gmade GS02 BOM bilinvic G-Made Crawlers 152 01-02-2022 05:32 PM
Hello,Just bought a GS02 Bom Gazzalene G-Made Crawlers 14 03-03-2020 04:28 AM
1SLWMoFo’s GS02 Bom 1SLWMoFo G-Made Crawlers 31 08-27-2019 06:29 PM
GS02 BOM 2-speed info VR6 BeelzeDub G-Made Crawlers 4 06-17-2019 06:30 AM
GS02 Bom Old n ratty G-Made Crawlers 89 11-17-2018 01:53 AM