Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GS02 Double Cab Suspension to stiff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2020, 02:27 AM   #1

Default GS02 Double Cab Suspension to stiff

Just picked up a komodo double cab kit. I like it but the flex is left wanting. The included springs are way to stiff. I am wondering if the softer springs will really allow it to bottom out the shocks and let it flex.

The problem is I am in Guam so I have to order these and wait two weeks for them to come in. So I want to make sure they will work. Or looking for other options that are reasonably priced.
smoedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GS02 Double Cab Suspension to stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoedog View Post
Just picked up a komodo double cab kit. I like it but the flex is left wanting. The included springs are way to stiff. I am wondering if the softer springs will really allow it to bottom out the shocks and let it flex.

The problem is I am in Guam so I have to order these and wait two weeks for them to come in. So I want to make sure they will work. Or looking for other options that are reasonably priced.
You don’t have to use the cantilever setup on the Komodo body. It might take the novelty out of the kit, but a standard rear shock set up is an option too.

If you use the Cage body from the original GS02 release, then you would need the cantilever or inward leaning shock setup. The cage doesn’t play well with the rear shock hoops.

But to answer your question, I didn’t find the softer springs on the cantilever setup as satisfying as I’d hoped.

Last edited by txbart; 07-08-2020 at 04:00 PM.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The Komodo Double Cab has normal stand up shocks in the rear. Yes, the stock springs are way too stiff. I put Traxxas TRX4 springs on mine. White in the back and orange in the front. Originally tried white springs front and rear (same as on a stock TRX4 Sport) but the Komodo Double Cab is heavier up front so I went one spring weight higher in the front. Springs fit the Gmade shocks perfectly and REALLY allow the suspension to work. Highly recommend
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
The Komodo Double Cab has normal stand up shocks in the rear. Yes, the stock springs are way too stiff. I put Traxxas TRX4 springs on mine. White in the back and orange in the front. Originally tried white springs front and rear (same as on a stock TRX4 Sport) but the Komodo Double Cab is heavier up front so I went one spring weight higher in the front. Springs fit the Gmade shocks perfectly and REALLY allow the suspension to work. Highly recommend
Thank you, I ordered some and will give them a shot...
smoedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:37 AM   #5

I simply replaced them with the SSD Soft springs for 90mm shocks, work perfectly on the Gmade dampers.

But when you place softer springs on, what I found is that my left/right weight balance was off as the motor and the relatively heavy Mamba X were tilting the car towards the left side. I had to swap the Mamba ESC to the right side which makes things way better.
Justhandguns is offline   Reply With Quote

GS02 Double Cab Suspension to stiff - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GMade Komodo GS02 Double Cab King Dork G-Made Crawlers 6 12-16-2019 05:37 PM
rear suspension really stiff any suggestions booher26 Axial XR10 6 09-28-2010 08:11 AM
Suspension on new AX10 RTR to stiff jeffc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 03-06-2009 05:21 PM
stiff suspension CrawlerDan HPI Wheely King 3 02-01-2008 04:25 PM
My answer to STIFF High Lift suspension... TheROOSTER 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 07-20-2007 05:54 AM