Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Injora Rock Bouncer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2022, 05:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Injora Rock Bouncer?

I know its not a GMade but does anyone know if the Injora Rock Bouncer can be made for 4WS?

NERodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2022, 08:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Injora Rock Bouncer?

no way man that would like need 2 steering axles and a whole nother servo
and to top it all off to make it just imposable you need a radio that can ether mix 2 channels for the steering or has a 3 position 3rd channel switch to control that extra servo
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

A guy on one of the Facebook pages i frequented made one of these 4ws using another front axle from Injora, servo and Flysky GT5. Sounded quite simple to do to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoupeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Can it be done? Absolutely. Will it be cost effective? That is questionable. The simplest way would be the least miserly: buy another one, and put it's front end where the current rig's rear end is.

For a radio, I can't recommend the Radiolink RC4GS strongly enough for 4WS use. You can use the VR knob (right next to the steering wheel) to control the rear axle. I have two 4WS rigs set up this way, it works a treat.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 04:00 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeUK View Post
A guy on one of the Facebook pages i frequented made one of these 4ws using another front axle from Injora, servo and Flysky GT5. Sounded quite simple to do to be honest

i think the gt5 is set up for 4ws and lets you switch between the steering modes

you know if it was posable

and most likely you can get steering knuckles and new shafts and use them on the rear axle but we know it cant be done but why not take the front knuckle off and see if it fits the rear axle which it wont but if it dose that would make life alot easyer
Old 06-14-2022, 07:20 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Injora sells it as a cage with skid, battery tray, and body panels for less than $30 - easy enough to pickup some take-off front axles and make whatever you want out of one.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:06 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i think the gt5 is set up for 4ws and lets you switch between the steering modes
It does indeed, used it myself on a Element 4ws build.

CoupeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Have you considered a Capra 4WS? they only come as an RTR but its already setup with 4WS out of the box.

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/axi03022t2.htm

Personally I cant stand anything Injora makes... i mean rips off. They are the king of knock offs and do nothing to move the hobby forward.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

the original gmade r1 chassie or cage is only $10 i still have 1 brand new in the packadge
i lied there now $20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gmade-R1-Ch...-127632-2357-0

Last edited by ferp420; 06-21-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:04 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

The current Injora

build

Old 07-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
the original gmade r1 chassie or cage is only $10 i still have 1 brand new in the packadge
i lied there now $20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gmade-R1-Ch...-127632-2357-0
But no skid, or body panels, the injora comes with for less than $30, it would be my choice...wait it was i built one on gen8 axles and love this rig.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:08 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

i can make a skid and body pannels for about a doller so the extra parts dont matter in my opinion
i built one for my neighbor has the ar60 front and windigo rear axle with a aluminum 3 gear trans
i still have 1 chassie in the packadge for when i get the itch
and i would rather buy korean than chinese if i have the choice most of the time we dont but in this case the original is a better value than the clone

Last edited by ferp420; 07-17-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:05 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Have you considered a Capra 4WS? they only come as an RTR but its already setup with 4WS out of the box.

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/axi03022t2.htm

Personally I cant stand anything Injora makes... i mean rips off. They are the king of knock offs and do nothing to move the hobby forward.
Beautiful... Wish it was 1/5 scale not 1/10

I think a 1/5 scale crawler like this would be awesome... also that 2W / 4W option would be great if crawlers came with that standard

I got a 1/8 crawler and love the size ...

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk
BP6666VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Well the modifications progress. I added some alloy 2.2 wheels onto the machine. Also I bought a new cage so that I could use the aluminum cross bars to stiffen the chassis a bit. Added 3 if I remember right. The first between the front shock towers, the second below the towers to re-enforce the lower cage in the front and one on the rear shock towers. Something I remember from tuning Hondas. The shocks which I showed on the previous images are 4 spring units, very sweet feeling. They are filled with 75 weight oil.

Now for the good stuff. I added a sensorless, brushless, out-runner motor from surpass hobby that runs about 2050 kv and nailed a planetary gear set onto the front. The gearbox is the same since I discovered that no one has any standards. I bought a metal gearbox case but it would not fit. Oh well. We all have our failures.

Now I need to add an ESC that will deal with 2050 kv and NiMH. (Sorry, I still dont trust LiPo). I have some opions. I bought 2 6 cell 5000 mAH batteries and broke them down into their component cells, bought some battery bars and shrink wrap for them so I have some flexibility on where I add weight. I figure I will add 3-4 cells under the front hood and 2-3 on the tray with the cells being underslung and forward. Still looking into that.

BTW sorry about the quality of the photos but the sun was merciless when I took them.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:24 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERodrigues View Post
Well the modifications progress. I added some alloy 2.2 wheels onto the machine. Also I bought a new cage so that I could use the aluminum cross bars to stiffen the chassis a bit. Added 3 if I remember right. The first between the front shock towers, the second below the towers to re-enforce the lower cage in the front and one on the rear shock towers. Something I remember from tuning Hondas. The shocks which I showed on the previous images are 4 spring units, very sweet feeling. They are filled with 75 weight oil.

Now for the good stuff. I added a sensorless, brushless, out-runner motor from surpass hobby that runs about 2050 kv and nailed a planetary gear set onto the front. The gearbox is the same since I discovered that no one has any standards. I bought a metal gearbox case but it would not fit. Oh well. We all have our failures.

Now I need to add an ESC that will deal with 2050 kv and NiMH. (Sorry, I still dont trust LiPo). I have some opions. I bought 2 6 cell 5000 mAH batteries and broke them down into their component cells, bought some battery bars and shrink wrap for them so I have some flexibility on where I add weight. I figure I will add 3-4 cells under the front hood and 2-3 on the tray with the cells being underslung and forward. Still looking into that.

BTW sorry about the quality of the photos but the sun was merciless when I took them.
you dont trust lipos you have a cell phone dont ya thats a lipo you would be surprized at what uses lipos
you use them everyday

i wounder how that gru is gona hold up infront of that outrunner there not exsacly known for being durable even when using a low power brushled motor they dont hold up vary well but vary interested in how it holds up ive been wanting to try that combo my self but everything ive read im hesitent to try it

Last edited by ferp420; 07-29-2022 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:23 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Whatever.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:33 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Use 9 cells total for the nihms, it'll be like 3s lipo (actually a touch higher voltage to start). That's what I used when starting out back then.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:20 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Now that is good data. Not sure where I would stuff all 9 but it is good information. I am still attempting to find an ESC to deal with all of this but yeah. I will consider that. When I was directing the drift group there were only a few Hobbywing motors and escs and they came in pairs. I think my group was more daring than I was but that was because I learned the old school backwards and forwards. I even had a NiMH balancer and a motor commutator lathe. I knew how to rewind motors and the whole 9 yards. I dont like giving up control.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERodrigues View Post
Now that is good data. Not sure where I would stuff all 9 but it is good information. I am still attempting to find an ESC to deal with all of this but yeah. I will consider that. When I was directing the drift group there were only a few Hobbywing motors and escs and they came in pairs. I think my group was more daring than I was but that was because I learned the old school backwards and forwards. I even had a NiMH balancer and a motor commutator lathe. I knew how to rewind motors and the whole 9 yards. I dont like giving up control.

well since you can do all this stuff you shouldent have any issues with lipos

but if your just scared i understand maybe go with 18650s good sony cells are good for 20 amps a pop your outrunner wont pull more than 30amps so a 2s 40 amp 5000mah pack is about the size of a 1500mah lipo and half the size and weight of a nimh pack

you can mount the 18650 pack right to the upper links right behind the servo keeps it nice and out of the way and puts what little weight there is in the axle for the most part anyway

and 18650s are alot safer and more reliable than lipos but you wont pull 100 amps out of one but a crawler that only sees 30 amps there good
Old 07-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

I want the weight. Helps me to increase traction to the areas I want.

Last edited by NERodrigues; 07-29-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Injora Rock Bouncer? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injora 114mm 1.9 Rock Crawler Tire Review SteveB1 Tires and Wheels 20 12-06-2021 04:41 AM
INJORA Rock buggy Rcing4life Videos! 4 06-30-2021 08:19 PM
INJORA Rock Bouncer Rcing4life Scale Videos! 0 06-30-2021 08:16 PM