Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Gmade Sawback - old model?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2019, 07:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Gmade Sawback - old model?

I was thinking about buying a Gmade Sawback but this seem to be a very old model and the part support doesn`t seem to be even close to for example Axial SCX10.

I´m afraid that it will be hard to find parts if I buy it and it would be a petty to have a car that you can`t buy parts for. Is Gmde still producing parts for this truck?
waqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #2

Default Re: Gmade Sawback - old model?

Nothing gets part support like an Axial SCX10 except for the TRX-4. Those trucks dominate the aftermarket.

The GMade Sawback is awesome. I love mine so much that I built a second. It's the best and most capable leaf spring rig out there IMO. It does not have a huge aftermarket support, but that's fine. GMade makes all the hop ups that you really need. And there are plenty of replacement parts from GMade since they are still making the Sawback in a couple of different varieties.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Great, thanks for the reply.

Noticed that they have them bot in RTR and KIT. I assume that you get better parts in the KIT version just like you do for other brands or what is the difference and which one should I go for?

If the parts are better in the KIT version then it is better to buy the electronics separately
waqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have Sawback. It has been really good. I changed the shocks on mine. Used rc4wd bilstien’s. Bolted right on. Some of the parts for Axial can be fitted like the sliders. I don’t use mine as competitive rig. I use mine as fun toy for playing around the yard and chasing the 4 1/2 grand daughter. I’ve seen heavy duty drive shafts on the market. There is support but nothing like Axial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqr View Post
Great, thanks for the reply.

Noticed that they have them bot in RTR and KIT. I assume that you get better parts in the KIT version just like you do for other brands or what is the difference and which one should I go for?

If the parts are better in the KIT version then it is better to buy the electronics separately
I don't think the kit has better components than the RTR Sawback, but you'd have to verify that.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The kit has the same parts as the ARTR and RTR.

I wanted a kit as building is one of the best parts - but I was able to get an ARTR for a better price several years ago and went for that instead. I would go for whatever is cheapest as you are likely to replace at least some of the electronics. IMO it needs a 27t motor in order to have enough wheel speed. I have a WP1060 with Castle BEC, but I know most people prefer the WP1080.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote

Gmade Sawback - old model? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gmade Sawback Fishcharger Scale Videos! 2 10-22-2017 06:01 AM
1/18 gmade sawback bkbrown79 Newbie General 1 10-27-2016 05:58 PM