Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: 2 years, time to freshen up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016, 05:59 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 2 years, time to freshen up

A little bit of time on it last night to finish up the steering and got the RC4wd wheel wideners popped on to allow for the needed clearance.
Shocks, well 2 are not leaking but 2 are so I'll add a bit more thread tape to them & recheck again tomorrow.

Tinrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Update on the shocks, well 2 are decent but do wheep just a teeny eeny bit but 2 others you can see oil running out after approx 8 hr. Looks like the o-rings are the culprits so I don't recommend these scale looking shocks for the rig if you want something that is a quick assemble & go kinda thing. I ordered a set of Pro-Line 95mm shocks & will try to match the size of the bad o-rings with a silicone style I use in the short course truck shocks.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Where did you set the rebound on the shocks? Or where did you attempt to atleast? Fully extended? just curious cuz im running my truck with oil shocks and leafs.
VR6 BeelzeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I set the rebound at approx. 1/2 just to go with. Proline shocks arrived & will be going on the rig tomorrow. The scaler shocks have been drained & set aside for now, it's time to get this rig under power once again
Old 04-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Been awhile since I updated but here it is. Got Proline scaler shocks on it, the crawlster kit, the wideners, the gearbox, all bearings, wheels & tires all finished up, the electrics in & operational, slapped on the old bumper I had from last year. Now i'm not sure if I'll go with Jed driving the sawback body again or I really like the challenger/cuda body. I did drive it w/o body on the rock garden in the yard & WOW BANG ZOOM what a different machine this rig is! Did not like the battery tray I had made for above the servo so will revamp that for better results & a little lcg.

2 years, time to freshen up - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just introducing myself. Long time racer, first time crawler. Hinecken Newbie General 15 01-17-2015 05:19 AM
Long time lurker, first time posting Nvghostrider Axial SCX-10 51 07-02-2013 03:40 PM
maybe now ill spend less time on the lid and more time on the rubber evan03 Axial Wraith 2 02-18-2013 08:08 PM
Its motor time!!And esc time as well,,,,ADVICE PLZ Speed Metal Army RC4WD Bully 11 03-15-2010 10:23 PM
first time in 21 years 93 FORD BRONCO Chit Chat 31 01-09-2010 04:26 PM