Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Soze's GMade Sawback 4LS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 03:25 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Soze's GMade Sawback 4LS

I've been following along, so I don't know why I just noticed...

Why are your knuckles on upside down/ on the wrong sides? One of the benefits of the zero ackerman knuckles is that they also allow you to mount your steering linkage up higher, out of harms way.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I've been following along, so I don't know why I just noticed...

Why are your knuckles on upside down/ on the wrong sides? One of the benefits of the zero ackerman knuckles is that they also allow you to mount your steering linkage up higher, out of harms way.
Hah! I forgot all about that! I think this was something I wanted to revisit a couple years ago, and just forgot.

The reason I have it upside down is because of the draglink/servo horn. If I raised it the right side up, it would cross over the servo horn + draglink. This was actually my first crawler kit, and back then I didn't have as many parts accumulated as I do now. I think the servo horn might be too long, but I used it because it's what I had.

Now that you've reminded me about this, I'll need to check if it is just the servo horn that is causing this or if I can raise the servo up higher without hitting anything on compression so I can flip the knuckles. I really don't remember!

Last edited by soze; 02-16-2019 at 10:59 AM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:46 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Decided to take the GMADE Sawback 4LS out again and just do a simple run at a local spot. It's been a while since I've driven this rig, and sometimes I forget how much fun this rig is.

soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 12:59 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Soze, been wanting one of these for quite some time. Got one for Christmas this year from my mother in law and pretty jacked for this one. Despite this being “old school” design wise isn’t a concern. They look super cool and that’s my motivation for wanting one. Got a dozen other crawlers with different levels of modifications for performance so I’ve already scratched that itch. Your build thread and videos sealed the deal for me, so thank you for your top shelf work. Did get some of the upgrades to do from the start (GPM cvds, sliders, axle weights, light buckets) to install during the build and we’ll go from there.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote

Soze's GMade Sawback 4LS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things to upgrade/watch out for Sawback 4LS & Sawback Sport soze G-Made Sawback 2 02-28-2017 12:46 AM
Axial SCX10 ll, SCX10, Gmade Sawback 4LS, Vaterra Ascender K5 From Malaysia. RCWin Videos! 2 12-01-2016 08:23 AM
New Gmade Sawback 4LS Kit open for Pre-Order RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-23-2016 12:01 PM