Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Webbls Blue Lagoon Sawback WIP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Webbls Blue Lagoon Sawback WIP

Hey all.
Going to get my thread started for my Sawback. Hopefully this will boost my motivation to start working on this truck more. I've had this for some time now. It's my second truck now. First truck is my main trail rig and tinker toy. SCX10 Blazer that I've had for a few years now. It's over in the SCX10 forum. It's pretty cool. It just felt wrong to tear into the Sawback like I do my SCX10. No more redneckin haha. Pfft...who am I kidding? There's always room for some redneckin, I'm from Missouri, it's what we do.

Anyway, it started life as a stock leaf spring Sawback. Picked it out because it was in my budget and I wanted a leaf sprung kit. Already had something linked. Nothing to flashy, no one talks about it much, so i gave it a shot. Enjoyed building the kit. Like pretty much everything about it except a few things. Screws, philips hardware, not the best. Not a fan of the driveshafts either. Many times the grub screw and pin fell out. Today is a prime example. Will be ordering some metal driveshafts tonight. Last thing is the link mount....wait, this is leaf spring...right?

Not anymore. I stole the leafs and mounted them on my Blazer and got a link conversion kit for the Sawback, which I recieved today. I did make my own links, but was sure I was not mounting them right, but in fact in a linked GS01 you mount the uppers directly on top the pumpkin. Something about that just seems weird. Was expecting some type of truss with the conversion kit. It wasn't much of a conversion kit. More of a spare parts bag with some links. 2 parts trees for some spacers. Oh well, spare lock outs and knuckles for future projects. Probably could have Googled it and figured this all out, but again, no more redneckin. Do 3D parts count as redneckin? Seems a little more sophisticated for some redneckin business.

Not really sure what I want to do with this yet. Scale it or 2.2 it, never had no 2.2 stuff before...maybe just big 1.9s. See, just don't know yet.

This is how it sat when I first built it and then today after my links were put on. Will be getting new shocks soon. It has RC4WD 90mm scale shocks right now. Little weak and one side is softer. May get another set of TS01s for this one. Would like more of a droop setup on this. I do have a set of XDs I could put on. Friend has them at the moment though.

Couple shots of my Blazer as well. Get an idea of how I like to do things.

Thanks for looking. Shoot some ideas at me on what you think I should build. Would prefer to keep the stock body, or possibly get a LC70 body for it. 4runner would be the last option. That's it. I'm also thinking of breaking out the styrene again, just need ideas on what it needs.
webbl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Webbls Blue Lagoon Sawback WIP

Also, yes I had the gmade axles on my SCX10 for a couple weeks (some may notice in that under belly shot) while I pondered the leaf spring swap, was like a trial run. Told you I like to tinker. It has its SSDs back on now. Everything is back to normal now.

OK bye.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Webbls Blue Lagoon Sawback WIP

New diff covers were delivered today. Look good to me.

Webbls Blue Lagoon Sawback WIP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Webbls SCX10 Hard Body Blazer webbl19 Axial SCX-10 91 02-25-2018 02:32 PM
Things to upgrade/watch out for Sawback 4LS & Sawback Sport soze G-Made Sawback 2 02-28-2017 12:46 AM
OSRC's Blue Sawback Sport OSRC G-Made Sawback 4 10-08-2016 12:06 PM
Nanaimo BC, Pipers Lagoon Saturday mornings 10am meet kurtus Outside the US 0 08-11-2011 08:11 AM