RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   G-Made Sawback (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/g-made-sawback/)
-   -   New Sawback (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/g-made-sawback/609609-new-sawback.html)

jeeptec 06-20-2019 01:45 PM

New Sawback

I just purchased on Saturday the Sawback Jeep. Pretty cool rig. I installed a set of 1.9 BFG All terrain tires and rims from my Axial scx10-2 Cherokee. The added ground clearance is nice to have. What other mods work on these? Will some of the RC4WD 90mm shocks fit? Will the RC4WD teraFlex revolver shackles fit? It crawls pretty good for what it is. I think an oil filled shock will work better than a spring loaded shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokemudder 06-20-2019 01:48 PM

Re: New Sawback

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptec (Post 5944447)
I just purchased on Saturday the Sawback Jeep. Pretty cool rig. I installed a set of 1.9 BFG All terrain tires and rims from my Axial scx10-2 Cherokee. The added ground clearance is nice to have. What other mods work on these? Will some of the RC4WD 90mm shocks fit? Will the RC4WD teraFlex revolver shackles fit? It crawls pretty good for what it is. I think an oil filled shock will work better than a spring loaded shock.

Congrats on the sawback. I removed a leaf from mine. Also removed internal springs from shocks and did an axle flip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

soze 06-20-2019 02:20 PM

You might want to look into the following for better steering and some weight. The anti-wrap kit is for preserving the leaf springs.

GMADE Anti-Wrap Kit
Boom Racing Servo Mount
Zero Ackerman knuckles
Bent Steering rod for Zero Ackerman Knuckles
Aluminum C-Hub
CVD Axles
Brass Axle Tubes

There are also rear lockouts and rock sliders which I did, but those aren't as big of a deal.

Fishcharger 06-20-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptec (Post 5944447)

Great question regarding the revolver shackles. I’m hoping somebody replies about that.

jeeptec 06-20-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokemudder (Post 5944448)
Congrats on the sawback. I removed a leaf from mine. Also removed internal springs from shocks and did an axle flip.

I can understand the removal of the leaf spring and inner shock spring for more flex. I’m not sure about the axle flip. Mine is spring over. In the real 4x4 world we do spring over not spring under.

brokemudder 06-20-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeptec (Post 5944500)
I can understand the removal of the leaf spring and inner shock spring for more flex. I’m not sure about the axle flip. Mine is spring over. In the real 4x4 world we do spring over not spring under.

For true rock crawlers, low with big tires is the way to go though for sure. Im about to cut mine up and run cut 1.9 flatirons or whatever theyre called.