Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Sawback

Notices

Thread: Update on Sawback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Update on Sawback

I’m pretty happy with my Sawback but I noticed there is no flex. It flopped through the rocks. I replaced the stock shocks with 90mm RC4WD Bilsteins with 30w oil. No change.
Then took out the inner spring of the shocks. Nope no improvement. Then this morning I took the helper leaf out of the front springs. There is some flex and it’s sits maybe 1/2 lower. I did notice in the smaller rocks in my homemade rock garden the front was flexing. I’ll do the rears next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Update on Sawback

I get quite a bit of flexibility out of mine. I think it comes down to breaking in the leafs. i drove it without any helper springs for a short time, then with the large helper above and the small below, now I have to use zip ties again on the front and it still flexes quite a bit.

Make sure if you are going to drive it without the helpers that you install anti torque twist links or you will twist your main leafs badly or snap them. Once they are broken in you will need the anti twist links all of the time, so make and install them sooner than later if you haven't already.

Most recently I added in 85(ish)mm $8 ebay shocks without springs, using whatever the stock oil that comes with Traxxas aluminum shocks is - flex is still great and no more bounce, plus surprisingly these leak less than my stock Ascender shocks.

Last thing I will mention is that my Sawback is just shy of 8lbs, I feel the heavier it's become the better it performs.

Good luck!
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Update on Sawback

Run them with all leafs in place, remove shocks internal springs, fill with oil properly, run it, it will break in and soften up. Remember this is not a linked truck, it's leaf springs. My TF2 had ok flex, but definitely with some tweaks and break in has gotten very nice for leafs.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Update on Sawback - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things to upgrade/watch out for Sawback 4LS & Sawback Sport soze G-Made Sawback 2 02-28-2017 12:46 AM
Sawback vs. Sawback Sports scaled G-Made Sawback 6 04-01-2015 09:04 PM
Wild Willy On A Sawback [Sawback Solo Run] ifulg G-Made Sawback 1 12-24-2013 08:06 PM
***Last minute Update**** Gone, LCQ update. KING BLING RC Rock Crawling Worlds 1 08-25-2009 05:18 PM