Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: i had a few questions bout makin one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default i had a few questions bout makin one

Hey guys im really into this rock crawlin but i only have a clod wth an esp chassis and an emaxx. i wanted to know what were some good ways of makin a good crawler. like i have alot of stuff that i can build one with and money really isnt the problem like is there a good chassis i could make or something ecause taht gecko is al il bit toomch money and i woudl really like to cutom make one s there like plans on how to make the chassis?? or like alist of materials or anything? also i would like to say hello and nice to meat everyone
big case
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Default Re: i had a few questions bout makin one

Well, first you say money is no object, then you say the gecko is to much money. If you don't want to build your own I thinks thats the way to go. If you price out building your your own thats pretty cheap.

Only $159.00 here.
http://www.rc4wd.com/shop/shop.cgi?&shop=city&cart=89193191x1622&session=401 9dcda7b6f9e9d&L=eng&P=4x4-G004[/url]
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:13 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i'd go with the Gecko. It is by far the best chassis for the least amount of money. I would go with that.

jugg_crawler
jugg_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

oh wow its only $159 i only saw it for like 300 some where i wasnt sure tahts why i said that it was too much...wow i feel dumb but thanx alot for all the help. alos do you know of any other places taht have some good stuff like under like $300?? like chasis's also what should i run as far as motors and stuff?? also should i lock the tranny with some jb or do they selll like a diff locking kit or something? thanx for the help guys and im sorry if i sound dumb its judt like i want one so bad and no one does it around here and i dont know were to start
Old 02-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If I was you I would lock the diffs with some hotglue (to do so just fill them with hotglue so that the small gears can't turn) and leave you're clod the way it is. This was if you decide that you don't like crawling you can always go back (to unlock the diffs just open them and remove the glue). If you decide that you enjoy crawling and the truck you have is limmiting you then go for the gecko chassie but remeber when you start to over build you're rig crawling becomes less challenging and eventualy gets boreing.

Http://www.rc4wd.com has some great parts for most trucks and most of his prices are as cheap or cheaper then other distruters.Also if you have any problums locking you're diffs shoot me an e-mail at Jmeredith@logantele.com and I could do them for $5 + shipping [/url]
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

hey highmarj tahts for the help i did what you said and im hooked i was not really rock crawlin but have some fun in that back yard with all things things from a garden like those large stones and a few bricks and cinder blocks and also thanx for the links and being accepting the fact that im a noob lol
thanx
firstumust
Old 02-02-2004, 03:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Happy I could help-and hey everyone starts somewhere
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:31 PM   #8

fyi, rcguy has a newer version of the gecko out with MUCHO improved lower links and shockmounts.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote