Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tracks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Tracks?

I was wondering if anyone was so lazy (Like me) that they built a track in their backyard? If so post some pics and give us your ideas. I am in the middle of making a track I need a lot more rocks. If I get any work done tonight I will post some pics.
MaxxZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Tracks?

Well, I got a little work done. At this point the track is only about 10 square feet. I think I dug all the rocks out of the ground that are close to my house. I will have to go farther down the road to find more rocks. Once my pile takes up close to a 15-20 foot radius, I will post pics. So look for updates by sunday. That reminds me, everyone have a safe and happy (Maybe even drunk weekend) Nobody ever said don't drink and crawl did they?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sounds awesome im ust see pics i was thinkin bout doing this but i never actually ahd time but hey if yours looks good ill do mine asap please post pics i cant wait lol
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Will do, I can't promise anything. I went with just rocks, instead of logs, cinderblocks, etc. I would post pics now, except it is dark and it looks pretty lame right now.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I tested out the very small track today, it was hard to get up into the rocks once there I did pretty good. Overall it was fun there is about 4 diffrent ways to take the track and 2 of those ways there is only 1 way to get up. lots of fun, now I'm gunna go blow another 100 on tires and cvds.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i want to do that but my parents wont let me for sure. The take a lot of pride in the house and yard. My dad would kill me if he found a bunch of rock in the back yard
Phantez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:15 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Maybe you and him could make it look good? add some rocks to make it looks good and for you to crawl?
Old 02-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am in the process of trying to convince the wife that having a large rock garden in our backyard will not only add asthetic value but also reduce the yard maintenance.
zBigBadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #9
RSI
Rock Crawler

long time ago my parent put rocks around all the gardens and there was a ton left over so they left all of em in a big pile on the side of the house and 4 yrs lata i got a terra crusher and tried to crawl..... lol ..... it didnt work but while i was doin that i made a course out of it.... i will get the weed wacker out and cut the grass down and set the course up again... it had lil cones type things that mark off the course and everything... want pics???

ryan
RSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:21 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I'd like to see some pictures. We have some dear trails here about one mile away. I'm going to take the E-Maxx up there this spring for a test drive. It's just really tight trails with logs fallen all over it, loose dirt, and STEEP climbs over logs. Havn't tried it yet but it looks like fun. Ill prolly trash it falling down this one hill, like 50-75 feet high at about a 45-60 degree climb :?
Phantez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:50 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Please post pics, it will give me and many others more ideas for their own tracks.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #12
RSI
Rock Crawler

ok guys i went out there this morning and i picked up everything around the area mostly tree limbs etc....... after that i pick up all the rock and put em in a pile..... i then cleaned up the area dug holes and crap... then re-arranged the rocks... it looks awesome i will go take some pics when it stops rainin.. dam i cant wait to get my truck and crawl it!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

ryan
RSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Yea, the rain really does suck, it would be cool to put a bunch of rocks in my basement, except my parents wouldn't care for that, and it would be a lot of work.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I finally got around to building my crawling coarse. Here are some pics, lemme know if you have any suggestions to improve on it or if you are around San Carlos (Bay Area, Penisula) you are welcome to come over and get schooled on it.

As always you can go to my rc site for all the pictures:

http://rc.badgerracing.com/modules.p...view_album.php

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #15

finally somebody did post some pics like MaxxZilla asked. its been a while since the last post, like 4 months. thanks badger. nice course

i like the logs
CJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

lol your dogs are like wha da hell is up
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:59 PM   #17
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Thanks... those boxers are great dogs. The track is real challenging, I can't even come close to making a clean run without reversing. I think it has alot to do with learning the lines and planning ahead. Not quite used to that yet. I have alot more logs and plan to get some river type (slippery) rocks in there.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote