Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GRC Pro 12 RTR Set to Germany!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #1

Default GRC Pro 12 RTR Set to Germany!

Hi Friends.

After buildin' my first of 3 Kits of the GRC with modifications (12 Inch Kit etc.) i must see... WHAT? NOW SOLD AS RTR??!! Crazy Americans! xD

It's hard to get Rock Crawling Stuff in germany, i have to order nearly everything (except parts RCMT's Spongebob aka Jens, has in his little store) in the USA, high shipping costs, waiting, taxes...my hair is grey now. I'm getting old, i need RTR! xD The Axial RTR i'll not touch, i don't like it.

Do you guys know good offers? Please tell me where to buy at good conditions. Some of the dealers here on rccrawler.com?

And the second Question: Is there someone selling modified parts to connect the PTI axles with Traxxas Drive-Shafts to the RC4WD Tranny?

One GRC i like to modify in Skeeno's way, with Revo cants, Push-Rods etc., so i need parts to connect Axles and the PTI stock Tranny with Traxxas Drive Shafts.

Thanks in advance!

Aaaaand...please excuse my bad english skillz

XbX
XbanditoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Had to go looking at one18th.com to find this, but this is the parts list that Skeeno made up for doing his stretch:

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48593

To connect Traxxas Stampede driveshafts to the axle, you need to replace the input shaft with one from an Associated TC3 and file a flat spot on it for the set-screw:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPA00&P=SM

From what I understand, you will need to buy two sets of the above input shafts because you can only use one from each set. The other is hollow.

For the RTR, the only decent places I can think of are www.rcpcrawlers.com or www.towerhobbies.com when they become available.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #3

Thank you very much! I know Skeeno's Guide, i've talked with him a lot of months ago, but i thought he has build the Axle Outputs and Tranny-Parts himself. "Maybe there's is a guy selling the parts i need" i thought and posted this new thread. Surely he's not the only one who has modified his GRC with Traxxas Shafts, or Axial or HPI...

I'll buy the parts and the RTR on towerhobbies.com if i can't find a seller with a better price for the Pro 12 RTR who has the TC3 parts, too.

Best regards, and greetings to Skeeno, too! Thanx for inspiring and helping me!
XbanditoX is offline   Reply With Quote