RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Comp scoring (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/12893-comp-scoring.html)

Harris 07-27-2005 09:26 PM

Comp scoring

Okay, im just wondering how people do scoring at comps. i have thought about it alot and i just cant figure it out. my friend and i are getting kinda bored at the crawling spot and we wanna put some gates in and score ourselves. So how do you do it?

thanks
harris

FrankyRizzo 07-27-2005 09:48 PM

You can download the rules from www.utrcrc.com and it will explain the scoring process. Pretty complete.

jason 07-27-2005 09:51 PM

PM fishmaxx for the official rcc rules

JasonInAugusta 07-27-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason
PM fishmaxx for the official rcc rules

Might be an odd question, but why aren't the RCC rules on the RCC server?

FrankyRizzo 07-27-2005 09:55 PM

No idea. I found the RCC ones on UTRCRC. Drop me an email I can send them to you as well.

JasonInAugusta 07-27-2005 10:02 PM

I have them, just had to get'm from Fish as well.

Figured the official RCC rules would be on the server, not some mystery file that has to be emailed around.

jason 07-27-2005 10:02 PM

well those on UTRCRC are the RCC ones.

Story:

We have had a secret group of people made up of members of all the major crawling groups across the country working on a set of rule we could all agree to. This makes it easier as the sport grows and people travel more to compete.

I guess I need to get on the ball and talk with the group and make sure it's time for me to publish.

Harris 07-27-2005 10:31 PM

wow, so, nobody can just post the rules up? im just looking for something to use to make it interesting when my friend and i are crawling.

thanks
harris

jason 07-27-2005 10:39 PM

Just like Rizzo said the rules are on UTRCRC, here is a direct link.

http://www.utrcrc.com/downloads/RCC-Rules2005.pdf

Harris 07-27-2005 10:58 PM

sweet. Thanks guys

slugzracing 07-27-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason
well those on UTRCRC are the RCC ones.

Story:

We have had a secret group of people made up of members of all the major crawling groups across the country working on a set of rule we could all agree to. This makes it easier as the sport grows and people travel more to compete.

I guess I need to get on the ball and talk with the group and make sure it's time for me to publish.

That is cool. I had looked several times (not very hard I'll admit) for the RCC rules but never found them but that would explain why. I hope they get things settled soon as I am about to start on my comp TLT (ok before I break down and buy real chassy instead of sh*t fab).

4RnrRick 07-28-2005 09:13 AM

ORCRC just tried some revised rules at the last comp and they seem to have worked pretty good for us. So after a few more clarifications to them after the last comp, the rules stand as this.....

0) Judge has final say - no matter what!

1) Each Gate passed (with all 4 tires inbetween the cones) earns +50 points. Note your tires don't have to be on the ground so you can float a tire over a cone and it still be considered a completed gate.

2) Stradling a cone on a Gate (with 3 or less tires) inbetween the cones earns +25 points.

3) Touching, knocking over, moving a cone with ANY part of the RC: -10 points per contact. So if the front tire hits it, the chassis hits it on the way by and your rear tire hits it, thats -30 points. If the cone is completely moved out of position, or is knocked off course, the cone will be repositioned after the RC has passed the gate. The cone gives you points, not the original position of the cone. so if your going to touch a cone, its best to just knock it out of the way so you only touch it once. No maximum penalty!

4) Also, you can NOT touch a cone from a gate you've already passed through. They are still -10 points per contact

5) Stopping: NO Penalty

6) Reversing: NO Penalty

7) Rollovers, if you land on your wheels - keep driving! NO Penalty

8) Repairs: If the repair can be done without moving the vehicle: NO Penalty. If the vehicle is picked up or moved consider it a Recovery (See #9).

9) Recoverys are if you roll and land on your roof, or you get stuck, then you'll have to recover the RC. You can not position the RC to gain forward progession from the furthest point the RC as made it. Latterial repositions are OKAY but must be pre-approved my the judge. -10 points

10) Repositions for forward progess are -50 points. You may reposition up to the next gate, but NOT crossing the gate with any part of the RC.)

11) Gate bypass: -100 points is when the RC is repositioned for forwrad progression into or beyond the next gate. The rear tires can not be repositioned more than one wheelbase beyond that gate.

12) Touching: NO Penalty - The vehicle can only be touched for Repairs, Recoverys, Repostions, or a Gate Bypass by the driver. Spotting is allowed for fall hazards and are considerd a Recovery. The vehicle must be "radio" controlled by only one transmitter. No manual opertion of switches or other devices are allowed.

Courses will be approx. 5 gates long to allow everyone to run in 1 group and catch all the action. Pre-running of any of the courses will not be tolerated!

jason 07-28-2005 09:37 AM

^This is the reason we had members from each group on the rules comittee so that ALL groups would use the same rules.

ORCRC had a person on the rules comittee, but now you guys don't wanna use the rules we all wrote together?

4RnrRick 07-28-2005 10:45 AM

Jason, we could discuss this on the side if you want..(via PM/email what ever).. its no big deal either way, just don't want to cluter up this thread.

I was NOT that person on the commitee although I know who was. I can only speak for myself and I won't even to pretend to represent the opinoins of ORCRC as a group, but it was agreed from "most" of us, that we did not like the stopping or reverse rule that was in the previous/current RCC rules. IIRC we even tried it and it just got to be lame trying to keep track of all those points. Its suppose to be fun and judging stops and reverse points turns it into a headache. Now that could be just that no one is use-to it or we all suck at driving because we like to reverse to reposition the vehicle or it could be that our course are really challanging and you have to be dead nuts on to make it. I know of several situations that during a ORCRC comp there has been obsticles that NOBODY could even make, so you have to have a foward progression rule so everyone doesn't get board watching the current driver burn up time only for the next driver to do the same thing. Also we (ORCRC) decided that the previous rules we where using did not spread the field out and people where scoring too high so we made some changes right before the last comp to spread the field out, and it worked.

Also I have yet to even hear if the "NEW comitee based" RCC rules have been 100% finalized and ready for use. sounds like they still aren't. I have also not seen any new revisions of these rules so I can't really comment on them myself. This is the last set I seen: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ighlight=rules

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just telling you my side of the story. Personally I hate the reverse and stopping rule....... But each to his own.

4RnrRick 07-28-2005 11:56 AM

Jason and I are discussing this via PM's.....

Thanks for the info Jason.