Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Will 1.9 kill the super ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Will 1.9 kill the super ?

i figure i would throw this out for discussion , with a couple companies coming out with the 1.9 crawlers , and im sure a ton of shiny new hop ups to follow , do you think this will pretty much kill the super class? dont get me wrong i love driving supers but , there is only 5 or 6 in my club and i know some other clubs dont have any , with parts not as abundent as 2.2 i think the 1.9 will replace super in most clubs , just a thought,
tat2INDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

We have basically killed the superclass in our club when this year is up. We only have 2-3 guys that run them anymore and its not worth the time it takes to run them. We have been setting up our own 1.9 class before Losi even mentioned their truck. Reason being, the smaller trucks are just more fun to drive and you do not need to carry a truckload of stuff just to run them. Supers are just too big and bulky anymore..

We already have enough 1.9's in the club, that equal the amount of 2.2's we have. So we will probably only run the 2.2's and 1.9's next year
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
RCC Addict

highly doubt it

the beauty of the super class is that there are no restrictions, and as with any hobby, bigger tends to usually be better.

Last edited by NeXt559; 08-26-2008 at 08:09 PM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
Adilynsdad too!

Will you guys change or alter your current 1.9er class wit the addition of the Losi 1.9er 9er?

Also, did video really kill the radio star?
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

we are contimplating dropping supers and adding 1.9. In the midwest its far easier to find a location for 1.9's versus supers. To top it off the club only had 3 supers, 1 guy has already parted his out and Im considering tearing mine apart. It would be nice if the sanctioning body would come up with soem 1.9 rules before winter so people can build their comp rigs otehrwise clubs will need to come up with their own rules.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
RCC Addict

XTM ??? Kyosho??? both making supers
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

There'll always bee room for supers, for those maniacs that *have* to have the biggest, baddest rig on the block. I personally find the invasin of new 1.9s to be annoying, I'd rather companies concentrated on making decent, affordable 2.2 kits/rtrs. They are diluting the market too much adding a third level of all-out crawlers. 1.9 is better suited to scale IMHO, leaving 2.2 for the comp guys and super for the maniacs ;)
BritCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritCrawler View Post
There'll always bee room for supers, for those maniacs that *have* to have the biggest, baddest rig on the block. I personally find the invasin of new 1.9s to be annoying, I'd rather companies concentrated on making decent, affordable 2.2 kits/rtrs. They are diluting the market too much adding a third level of all-out crawlers. 1.9 is better suited to scale IMHO, leaving 2.2 for the comp guys and super for the maniacs ;)
hahaha, Yeah!!!!
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritCrawler View Post

I agree, they need to stop making all these options so we can get back to the good ole days of making the stuff ourselves
Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

CMRCRC is in the planning stages for a 1.9 class. We haven't run a Super in almost 2 years.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Also, did video really kill the radio star?
, but seriously though, i don't think the supers will die any time soon, there are a couple of companies coming out with supers, at least in my country they will still roam the land
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2INDY View Post
Will 1.9 kill the super ?
Won't Happen
Supers will never DIE!
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

i agree. all of the stuff everyone's coming out with is almost taking part of the fun out of the hobby. rock crawling is said to be the fastest growing part of the hobby right now and it's kind of like how hollywood runs something good in the ground until your just sick of seeing it on tv. axial comes out with an original idea of an out of the box crawler, which i think is good because that rig has gotten alot of people into it that either may not know how to fab, don't have alot of money, or don't have the knowledge, to get into rc rock crawling. the problem, it seems to me, is that now everyone's trying to make thier fortune by jumping on the bandwagon and coming out with a new crawler every week. not to mention, at one time it was about trying to get your hands on that ultimate, hard to find, discontinued part to complete a build. now it's about making up your mind as to what part to buy..... it may be a good thing for others, i don't know, but to me it's not as fun.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #14

Man I think you all are spot on. I really don't want to see supers go to the way side because people have put a lot of time and money into them and they have been around for a while. As for 2.2 (That's my class) I think this is a great class and super fun. It doesn't take a rock corrie to run them. As for 1.9 and micro crawlers I am not wasting my time. I enjoy this Hobie very much. I have just disassembled my comp 2.2 rig to add some custom fabricated parts of my own. Not that I have developed a little knowledge when it comes to crawling I find fabricating my own parts is super satisfying. Look for my link here on Murdered Out Links for an example of what I mean!!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

modifying is as good as building. RTR's rock. Instant gratification baby!

To keep this on topic, 1.9's are more fun than supers. There is useable terrain everywhere.
cuban b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban b View Post
modifying is as good as building. RTR's rock. Instant gratification baby!

To keep this on topic, 1.9's are more fun than supers. There is useable terrain everywhere.
What are you ...13???? Instant gratification??? try spending a winter building a truck from scratch. Researching and building, then when its done, you know what gratification is realy about.

1.9 will never "replace" super class but I think many clubs prefer to run only 2 classes to save time and I can see allot of clubs adopting 1.9's do to space. Especially in winter, its allot easier to find a place to run a 1.9 than a super. I say this as I sit here and replace the gears in my super.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

The day that the store bought "rtr" "artr" whatever crap TOTALLY takes over crawling and creativity, fabrication and invovation are taken away from this hobby will be a very very sad day. The freedom to make a rig as bad ass as you want to make it with no restrictions is what makes the Super class so great. It's what drew me to RC Crawling in the first place. Any moron can go out and pick up an RTR rig and crawl over some bricks in their nice warm garage. Building a rig from scratch and tuning it and tuning it over and over again and having to go find great terrain to run it on is part of the crawling game.

SUPERS 4 LIFE!!!
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #18
RCC Addict

After driving a Losi crawler I am not surprised if a 1.9 class evolves into competition. They are fun as hell and could be very capable little rigs. I would participate in a 1.9 class. Just think, having a 2.2 and 1.9 classes at each comp = 2x the runs!!! Now throw in the supers as well, those people would have 3x the runs. I say bring it.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote