Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 3rd Gen Toyota pickup body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #1

Default 3rd Gen Toyota pickup body

ok i know im a newb to this stuff and am definitely going to do a ton of reading before i just jump into buying stuff. i think im going to slowly peice a crawler together over time, maybe starting this winter while the actual wheeling season slows down.

anyways my question is who makes a 3rd gen toyota pickup. i found this picture on another site (green 3rd gen toy in the very back, and thats all ive ever seen) and have been searching for over 2hrs trying to find some 3rd gen builds. i have a 3rd gen pickup that id like to make a replica or fully build to how i want my actual truck to look like when im done with it one day. any help would be great. by the way i think i read on here somewhere that Jconcepts makes them? i couldnt find a site. also i heard rockwerks but there sites gone to?
heres the picture:

heres my actual truck that id like to copy.
kiyul4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

I know not where to get the body but I am sure you can find out here, and get a few good laughs: Tacoma Jero (Jims Rebuild)

Last edited by 666; 09-24-2008 at 10:27 PM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #3

thats it!!! thats the same truck. i guess its a nikko body, a pachero style tacoma. if anyone else knows a source post up. thanks again.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I got one and it was a radio shack.. but nikko seems to often have the same body's as rat shack.. either way there hard to come buy good luck..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

There was a 3rd Gen body long, long time ago. I even remember seeing one posted on here but can not remember when or where it was posted, I think the actual thread has sunk to the pits of RCC. I know it was owned by someone in HI, it was blue back in 2004/2005 time frame.

Basic 3rd Gen, extra cab and made out of lexan with cool chrome bumpers, mirrors and other stuff. I don't think the member is even active any more. I know I was doing a giveaway back then and he was supposed to do a review on a product but never did it and got free stuff on my tab.

Does that help?
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
There was a 3rd Gen body long, long time ago. I even remember seeing one posted on here but can not remember when or where it was posted, I think the actual thread has sunk to the pits of RCC. I know it was owned by someone in HI, it was blue back in 2004/2005 time frame.

Basic 3rd Gen, extra cab and made out of lexan with cool chrome bumpers, mirrors and other stuff. I don't think the member is even active any more. I know I was doing a giveaway back then and he was supposed to do a review on a product but never did it and got free stuff on my tab.

Does that help?
theres the taco body
Petersons 4wheel and Offroad "Ultimate Tacoma"
that is a little newer though..
Old 09-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #7

well my plans were to just use the entire cab and cut the bed off and tube out the entire thing from the cab back with a fuel cell, high lift, linked f/r. i was thinking about doing full width axles. i like that green taco but the width isnt enough for me. im still learning whats what on here and what tires are big and not so big. would those (T REX 60?) axles be wider that what that guys has. it looks like it would. i read there 7.5" wide. that might be a little much.

edit: or axial axles. im still researching.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
theres the taco body
Petersons 4wheel and Offroad "Ultimate Tacoma"
that is a little newer though..
thanks for that link. that truck in real life is awesome. they did a good job mimicking it. ill keep an eye out for long while for a 3rd gen online, and locally. i figured if i cant get a 3rd gen ill be over it. but the more i look around i really want something so i might build a tube toyota(ish looking) buggy with skins.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyul4130 View Post
well my plans were to just use the entire cab and cut the bed off and tube out the entire thing from the cab back with a fuel cell, high lift, linked f/r. i was thinking about doing full width axles. i like that green taco but the width isnt enough for me. im still learning whats what on here and what tires are big and not so big. would those (T REX 60?) axles be wider that what that guys has. it looks like it would. i read there 7.5" wide. that might be a little much.

edit: or axial axles. im still researching.
that body is narrow.. even tlt's look full width under it. so trex's or axials might be to much..

the bed is pretty crappy it has ugly looking flares on it. they could be fixed but my plan is like yours throw the bed out..

the skin idea is not a bad one IMO it would be easier to make skins then find that body..
Old 09-25-2008, 12:57 AM   #10

ya. it looked like he made flares for the front later on. i would just cut out the fenders like my truck. i think im gunna hit up walmart tomorrow to try and scout out a 3rd gen. i live really close to a really nice hobby store as well that ill stop by.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #11
MWRCA'er

Yeah I wish the bed was better. The front is fantastic just the rear is so so.
The uglyness grows on you after a while and you start to like it. The way I see it I'd rather drive a ugly rare toyota then no toyota at all.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Yeah I wish the bed was better. The front is fantastic just the rear is so so.
The uglyness grows on you after a while and you start to like it. The way I see it I'd rather drive a ugly rare toyota then no toyota at all.
are those still available. do you actually have a rig of your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
the skin idea is not a bad one IMO it would be easier to make skins then find that body..
id just use this part of the bed to skin the tube bed. well im out of here thanks for the help guys

hey thanks for that link. thats really funny you sent that. hes building it after the exact truck i was thinking of when i saw the green paint. i have seen his truck in person when i went down south to go wheeling. its really nice. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index...pic=32251.2370

Quote:

Does that help?
searched and found this thread from (your right) early 2005. you and mnster both posted in it. all the damn pictures are gone!!!!

Toyota truck body

Last edited by THX_138; 12-17-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:14 AM   #13
MWRCA'er

CC01 yota...
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyul4130 View Post
searched and found this thread from (your right) early 2005. you and mnster both posted in it. all the damn pictures are gone!!!!

Toyota truck body

There was another thread besides that one. When I was a vendor I held a giveaway and had folks post up pictures of their rigs, one was from HI showing off his 3rd Gen Yota bodied rig...he also got some free goods out of me.

I might have the image(s) saved on my external hard drive, I'll look tonight after work.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Wow that's a good-looking truck.. the 1:1 in the top photo
Akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
There was another thread besides that one. When I was a vendor I held a giveaway and had folks post up pictures of their rigs, one was from HI showing off his 3rd Gen Yota bodied rig...he also got some free goods out of me.

I might have the image(s) saved on my external hard drive, I'll look tonight after work.
is "HI" the guys member name. i couldnt find him to search for threads hes started. thanks for trying to get pictures.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I think he meant he was from Hawaii Just wondering if you saw what was coming out soon.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58415

Last edited by THnCS; 11-17-2008 at 09:46 AM.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

pm rockwerks he stated that he would be producing bodies again the middle of september.
dont know if he ever made the 3rd gen though.
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz120 View Post
pm rockwerks he stated that he would be producing bodies again the middle of september.
dont know if he ever made the 3rd gen though.
hey thanks.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

no problem, just trying to help a brotha out.
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote