Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rocks?
my second one finaly broke i was driving up a pile of rocks and half way up i heard a pop then the rear axle did not engage whats wrong??????????????
look at post #11, welcome to the club

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2005, 02:11 PM   #42
RCC Addict

i don't want to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery that sucks darnit
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:51 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

The way the part is made, woudl it repairable with some time and effort?
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:09 PM   #44
RCC Addict

its plastic!!
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:45 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

my first one the rear axle stopped working , seem to be binded up. the second one the steering stopped working. both broke within 30 min of use. hope they get the bugs worked out soon cause i really enjoy these
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #46

Default rear axle woes

I just purchased my 1:18 yesterday and was thrilled with it today out on the rocks until the rear started not wanting to pull in low gear going forward. It will pull in reverse just fine, but seems like it's losing the mesh between the axle and the motor going forward in low. there's no problem with it in high gear either direction, but i didn't by this thing to make real big circles in the parking lot :neutral:

i've left a message with steve at the number, i hope there's a quick fix or i'll have to hope that my walmart has another one of these great little "toys" on the top rack. i do know they had 4 1:6 scale jeeps there....
my girlfriend would KILL me tho....

couldn't keep myself from taking out the 4 screws in the back...it looks as if the motor is held in by those 4 screws and not really mounted to anything. I also noticed that the motor is not really attached to the gear reduction unit other than slipping around the motor. I'm assuming this is normal and it's just held together by the axle housing screws? I'd really like to get this figured out so i can get the rear axle pushing the truck in foward again. Front wheel drive is ok, but it's not nearly as fun.

any ideas?

Last edited by Praga77; 08-18-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Praga77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #47

Suffered My First Brake Today Don't Know How I Went This Long With Out Braking Dam This Thing Been Through Hell And Back Twice....lost The Front Low Range Gear Pulled It Apart And Verfied Low Gear Is No Good Striped In 3 Spot's.......help Help Please.....thank's

John.
MOB-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #48

I got a 1/18 scorpion. The second time I had mine out I rolled it on a pile of rocks and it broke the plastic piece off that holds the rear axle in place, JB welded it, let it dry for 4 days, took it out again and in less than 5 minutes it broke in the same spot again.
AntiRicer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #49
06 Super National Champ

Sucks that you guys are having problems.

I'm still running the same Scorpion I've had since the 30th of July. My daughter has the lil' Jeep and loves it.

Been driving it outside when weather permits, inside when it's raining. I drive it pretty much every day and have yet to break it.

Of course I'm not trying to break it, either. I wheel it but if it gets bound up I let off and free it instead of trying to drive out of situations where it's wedged.

Long story short, I take care of it just as I try to take care of my "hobby grade" crawlers. If I get it bound up or wedged I free it.

I don't find myself breaking the big crawlers very often, hopefully I'll have the same luck with these lil' rigs.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:41 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
Sucks that you guys are having problems.

I'm still running the same Scorpion I've had since the 30th of July. My daughter has the lil' Jeep and loves it.

Been driving it outside when weather permits, inside when it's raining. I drive it pretty much every day and have yet to break it.

Of course I'm not trying to break it, either. I wheel it but if it gets bound up I let off and free it instead of trying to drive out of situations where it's wedged.

Long story short, I take care of it just as I try to take care of my "hobby grade" crawlers. If I get it bound up or wedged I free it.

I don't find myself breaking the big crawlers very often, hopefully I'll have the same luck with these lil' rigs.

I do the same, I mean I do get bound up but not enough to break anything.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

I finally broke something after about 15 packs through..... Busted the antenna off on the scorpion. Still works though so I'm not going to worry about it. Snapped it clean off inside the mount inside the body. I have yet to take it apart and see about fixing it.

My wheels haven't centered very well for quite some time, but I'm not worried about it, it still works and is still a ton o fun.

I agree with JIA, if it starts to get bound, I free it or back up and try another line. I use it like its a walmart toy. No complaints other than low clearance here, but that just makes it a little more interesting trying to find lines. I will probably wmail customer service about the antenna and see if there is a way to hook it back up.

Jeff
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #52

My main issue has just been with the gear selection. Twice now the axles have ended up in different gears.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #53

Well guess I get to join the club. In low gear the front axle does nada. Took it apart and found the same problem as in post #7 and had a bunch of little pieces of plastic come out as well.

Doubt I can take it back to Wally World with all the scratches on it...but we shall see.
RC Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #54

today i found the rear tires not pulling under load. you can stop them with one finger...
whats the cause and whats the cure, havent tore the axle apart yet...
nylint flex those customer service muscles...
can contact me at solaceofwinter@yahoo.com if you want/need to
SolaceOfWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:32 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaceOfWinter
today i found the rear tires not pulling under load. you can stop them with one finger...
whats the cause and whats the cure, havent tore the axle apart yet...
nylint flex those customer service muscles...
can contact me at solaceofwinter@yahoo.com if you want/need to
well, i have had the same thing happen a few time for two causes.

1. the belt from the engine to the diff is sliping, read some of the thread in the fourm to fix.

2. the diff carrirer is broke but this didn't put any power to the wheels so its more likly a sliping belt.

what nosie dose it make when the tires arn't turning and you have the power on?

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #56

well i took the axles apart, put them back together. ran it with the cover off.
the belt is not slipping at all. i grabbed it by the axle shaft while in low/spinning, was hard to hold it in place but with the leverage the large tires give me its easier to stop it.
whatever the part is that keeps it from rolling backwards on hills or when you simply push the jeep on the carpet like a hotwheels car must be broke.
where is this piece in the axle? all the gears look fine and mesh well...

edit: when the wheels are not turning everything else is turning.. except the 'axle shafts' belts, gears, motor normal sound.

Last edited by SolaceOfWinter; 08-20-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #57
Rock Stacker

Solace,

Sounds like the output of the 2nd (larger) planetary is broken on yours. I took mine apart to see how that was put together and it appears that the broken one shown up above in this thread broke right at the cross pin. These really need a metal connection of some sort right there.

If you pull the axle out of the housing, you can pull the tire/bearing shaft off the axle shaft on each side (the black plastic parts stay with the outer shafts.. it disconnects inboard of those. You'll see the blue end of the 2nd planetary.. thats where that pin is.. Check yours to see if its broken there too.

After seeing how it goes together, I'm wondering if it could be temporarily repaired with some epoxy, since the blue part just needs to be secured to the metal axle shaft. I guess I'll find out when mine breaks too. So far, so good, but i'm sure it'll happen.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:57 PM   #58

ill look into it in the morning, thanks!
Old 08-21-2005, 07:53 AM   #59

okay ive got it apart and all but how do i get inside the lower gearset box? does it come off the shaft or does the houseing stay and the gears come out? thanks

nevermind i got it apart but it appears to be fine...

Last edited by SolaceOfWinter; 08-21-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #60

HA! found it, seems there is a pin that goes through the end of that blue gear through the axle shaft, its snapped on both ends...