Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

so you broke the pin off that goes in here? your lucky, if seen 3 of them break the blue plastic.

-on my axleshaft, the pin that is goes though it is only sticking out on one side, does that mean it broke the other side off?

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2005, 11:17 AM   #62

yep thats the pin that broke. the only part that was left was what was in the axle shaft itself, the other two ends were still stuck in the blue piece. i didnt realize what it all was till i saw the axle shaft piece... temperary fix put a twisty tie through it all and tied it. should hold for a little while well see, no big deal.
SolaceOfWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:03 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaceOfWinter
yep thats the pin that broke. the only part that was left was what was in the axle shaft itself, the other two ends were still stuck in the blue piece. i didnt realize what it all was till i saw the axle shaft piece... temperary fix put a twisty tie through it all and tied it. should hold for a little while well see, no big deal.
That's what broke on my buddies Jeep. He put in a stronger pin, so I'm sure he'll break the blue part of the planetary set soon.
LibertyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

Mine hasnt broken yet BUT i have only run one pack. I was running it for about 15 minutes under moderate use and noticed that the front axle slips? in HI gear if put in any bind whatsoever. In other words it cant climb crap in 4 HI. In 4LO its fine.

Also the steering servo started making this NASTY whine noise after 10 minutes on my first pack. I turned it off and let it cool for 15 minutes and it was fine.

Im charging for the second run as we speak.
2k3r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:07 PM   #65

replacement pin i made shatter too...
i need a replacement, i guess we should just think of these things like u joints...
Old 08-23-2005, 10:27 PM   #66

just blew the hub/knuckle in my 1:6 today. looks like the knuckle bent under stress and let the hub go away from the axle just enough so the axle shaft popped out and tore up that metal sleeve that's supposed to hold the dogbone in the hub. i'll have some pics up in a bit
DWO Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #67

I did that to my 1st one... needless to say... didnt even bother trying to fix... just took it back
cypress2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:51 AM   #68

dang, ive put it 3 new pins now and its twisted them all within moments. not doing anything hard at all. the last one i thought would work, but it to couldnt take it. it was just a little smaller than the thickness of a coat hanger... one was even a nail!
going on 3 days still no reply from nylint on the email i sent...
Old 08-24-2005, 02:05 PM   #69

mine broke... front passanger side of the axle/knuckle, thingy. knuckle/joint thing popped out while the tires were turned hard to the right while leveraged between some rock obsticles.

I REALLY abused it. I had painted it, banged it all up so it looked like crap and then finally broke that axle...

took it to walmart today at lunch and exchanged it for a brand new one. no questions asked. wooo hoooo!.

walmart is probably the easiest place for exchanging items. So, if you still have your receipt and if your struggling with repairs try bringing it by walmart to see about an exchange.

- Ben
ygohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #70

nhy buddy broke the birf-stub on his crawler today. He was crawling up some carpet remnants full turn and it broke it so hard the front tire was jammed and would not turn.

When are we going to be able to get some spare stubs for this stuff...we need this bad.

Nylint is going to get a flood of these things returned to their doorstep unless they make it quick and easy to get replacement parts. 3-6 weeks...I dont think so, I need parts to ship FED-EX next day...PRONTO.
spencurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:39 PM   #71
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencurai
nhy buddy broke the birf-stub on his crawler today. He was crawling up some carpet remnants full turn and it broke it so hard the front tire was jammed and would not turn.

When are we going to be able to get some spare stubs for this stuff...we need this bad.

Nylint is going to get a flood of these things returned to their doorstep unless they make it quick and easy to get replacement parts. 3-6 weeks...I dont think so, I need parts to ship FED-EX next day...PRONTO.
Aparently you did not read the post right above yours.

I don't know of ANY company that FED-EX next day parts out.

Try and be a little more realistic.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencurai

If you need a fix that bad, check your back pocket... you might have another pack of smack in there. CHILL THE HE!! OUT, MAN

Even 1:1 trucks don't have a lot of replacement parts on the shelf when you get something brand new off the lot. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to get it all together. I guess they could have held the release of these until they had bunches of parts stocked up, but who's to say the they would have needed them yet. Then you have back stock of ... well just money setting on the shelf. That would have made these things cost more in the first place. I think for the money spent, it's a nice TOY!

Take it easy,
Keith
LibertyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaceOfWinter
dang, ive put it 3 new pins now and its twisted them all within moments. not doing anything hard at all. the last one i thought would work, but it to couldnt take it. it was just a little smaller than the thickness of a coat hanger... one was even a nail!
going on 3 days still no reply from nylint on the email i sent...
I'd suggest mabye cutting a drill bit down to use as a pin... they are cheap, or if you have old ones laying around, free.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Mine worked fine, then I put real electronics in it and it still has done great. I have driven this thing very hard, I just hope nylint makes replacment parts for it before I strip a gear or burn a motor. Any date for parts to be available??
MaxxZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #75

the low gear ration in the front axle doesn't work anymore in mine. When I put any load on it it just goes "click click click click" and looks like it's trying to move, but isn't catching. I am assuming this is a broken tooth in the reduction gears. I think that these toys need a little more stout parts (gears, in my case) and they will be even better.
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #76

ok i might try that.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:02 PM   #77
R.I.P. Chip

My pin broke and I replaced it with one from a traxxas 4 tech, you should be able to get these at any hobby shop, it fit perfect. After replacing the pin I was able to run the truck the entire next day in a comp we had and it held together perfect.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

sounds like these damn things need some sleeper gears! I havent really wheeled the my 1:6 hard yet, its almost too big. But i happend to pick up the 1:18 too and its held up to some good stress (knock on wood). How hard are yall really on these things? I can see getting a tire bound up on a rock and it blowin out an axle, but are they blwong out on regular tire spin on slick rocks?
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

The drive belts are going on mine. They were "screaming" at me tonight as I tried to drive it through grass in high range. Not good.
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #80

im actually really easy on mine. like ive said in other threads, im not interested in rulling the world, just wanna have fun.

that is an image of what i was doing when it twisted the last pin i made. i also broke one before i even got outside with it.
i think it has alot to do with the way the power is applied to the pin... overall these are really tough and im not complaining any!