Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 10:23 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road
sounds like these damn things need some sleeper gears! I havent really wheeled the my 1:6 hard yet, its almost too big. But i happend to pick up the 1:18 too and its held up to some good stress (knock on wood). How hard are yall really on these things? I can see getting a tire bound up on a rock and it blowin out an axle, but are they blwong out on regular tire spin on slick rocks?
I completely thashed mine almost every day for about 2 weeks. finaly broke that front axle as described in my previous thread. So yeah, they will hold up for most rockcrawling stuff.

after I recharge my new battery I'm not going to hold any punches... just need to be cautious about the obvious stuff like not tackling the rocks in high gear (thats where the slipping of the belts would occur on my previous one) and not jamming the tires hard to the right or left and continuously gunning it when they are bound hoeplessly in the tight rocks (thats how I eventually damaged mine). Also, of course, don't switch quickly from forward to reverse in high gear at speed (also causes slipping of the belts)

and if you break it and are unable to repair it then just take it back to your walmart and start all over again with a new one.

- Ben
ygohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

mine now with any stress on the front or rear tires (in low and high) will just sit there and do nothing, pick it up and all tires spin
camoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #83

how much would it cist to buy a scorpion body. I have the jeep and i want to make it my show body but i want to get a scorpion for bashing.
thanks
Beenerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #84

you probably did the same thing i did camoTJ sounds identical.
alas, i made a new pin and it held up, however that blue gear did not. its not completely snapped but cracked and no longer works. should i try JB weld or something to fix it? i wonder how long before replacement parts...
:?
SolaceOfWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #85
RCC Addict

i broke the metal pins inside of the axle how gay is that
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #86

not gay at all.
much better than the gears...
Old 08-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Well..... My Steering Is all Done. The Gear Below the One with the Spring is Striped. I hope you Guys come out with some Parts.Or Its New Electronics Time.
Bigbadwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:35 PM   #88

I have a great fix it for the rear axle when that pin shears. I used the shank from a dremmel tool pit. It is slightly larger than the stock one so you have to drill it out ever so slightly then cut the dremmel tool shank to length and reinstall it. the Dremel bit looked like number 2 in this pic... but it really doesn't matter, all you need is the shank which appears to be a relatively standad size. I would guess that I drilled out the whole less than a 64th of an inch.

I am guessing that part of the problem with the blue gear breaking is that when the pin snaps, it trashes the gear severely. I know mine sheared clean so the blue gear was relatively unharmed. I will report back on how well this dremel tool fix works.

Last edited by spencurai; 08-26-2005 at 01:41 PM.
spencurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #89
RCC Addict

i used the end of a drill bit and dremeled it to fit works great and i also lubed the gears that make a huge improvement
Old 08-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

as an idea for a pin, what about a needle bareing out of a U-joint? they are super hard and come in diferent sizes.

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #91

i found that a picture frame name cut down to size is great, but if it dont break the blue gear will...
i went through 4 versions of a pin before the gear had enough.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Just took apart one of my tires and the beadlock rig that goes around the outside is cracked about 1/3 of the way around. can't get a good pic in my house, i'll try tomarrow.

Stu

Edit: after takeing them all apart i have 3 with cracks around the outside where the beadlock ring is.

Last edited by 1bigtracker; 08-26-2005 at 08:43 PM.
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigtracker
as an idea for a pin, what about a needle bareing out of a U-joint? they are super hard and come in diferent sizes.

Stu
that is what i originaly tried but the on i had was way to big
Old 08-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #94

I blew a hub on mine today. Looks like I will be calling the Customer Service line. I was having it reverse up an obsticle and must have pushed it a little too hard. If I can figure out how to get everything apart I'll try and post pictures.
paparonbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:51 PM   #95
Rock Stacker

My roommate lost the pin that connects from the draglink to the histeer knuckle connection on mine. He replaced it with a screw which seems to be working better. This part needs some attention on future models.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #96

you can see where the plastic knuckle deformed on the right and left

Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
you can see where the plastic knuckle deformed on the right and left

yes that is what mine did so i took it back and the 2 nd on hasn't done it yet
Old 08-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

My steering knuckles are doing this as well. You can see distinct stress marks at the pivots where the plastic is being flexed. These things REALLY need metal knuckles. They are just too heavy for these plastic things.

I'm gonna have a long list of parts to order up as soon as spares become available. Cant take mine back to Walmart as they dont have any more of them.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

no offence to nylint.... or any one else

WARNING THIS IS MY OPINON

for the little money thease cost they will give most stock tlt or clods a run for thier money

this is the first wave of thease to be realsed

i remember with the savaeg 21 they had to re-design the uprights **** happens

it breaks....fix it.....if tht dont work....return it.....if tht dont work......call nylint

like i said for the money dont b !-|- ( |-| ab it.......

please dont be mad fot saying this it is all my opinon from 3 pgs of reading i did
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

I finally had some issues out of mine. The other day the front axle didn't seem to want to work when I had to actually use it (like trying to climb something). I went to pull the front apart today to figure it out. The bolts that hold the gears and motor together had worked themselves loose, so I tighten them and fixed that so far.

Now I have a problem with my steering. The spring that holds the top gear on steering has stretched or something b/c I can't get it to fit (nor is it as small as the one on my Jeep). I did notice that the newer crawler I have has grease on the gears, while the old one does not.

I think if you can add grease to all the gears in it, it will work alot quieter and smoother.

I went back and just left the spring out of the steering gears....seems to not really need it ( it doesn't recenter itself but this isn't going to be using high range really).

Last edited by CuriousGeorge; 08-29-2005 at 08:47 PM.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote