Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #101
RCC Addict

I had a gear in my front axle strip, I believe its my low range gear, I'm buying new axles so I'll be able to figure out if it was the planetaries or the low range gear.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2005, 10:09 PM   #102

Smile

I had my truck out tonight and the right nuckle started to deform. The main reason it started to bend was that the axle pulled apart at the joint. The pin was completely out of the cup. As soon as I gave it some gas it pulled itself back together. I kept on wheeling it for a while, but i dont know how long it will last. Metal nuckles would be cool but i dont think it is going to happen. What it needs is a axle shaft that wont pull apart when turned. I am not complaining, For the money this thing is great.
Rockwag91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwag91
I am not complaining, For the money this thing is great.

THANK YOU
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:17 AM   #104

2 out of 3 of my 1:18's are now ratcheting the rear axles. 1 has about 3 packs run, the other about 6. Sent an email to Nylint.
toyworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #105
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwag91
I had my truck out tonight and the right nuckle started to deform. The main reason it started to bend was that the axle pulled apart at the joint. The pin was completely out of the cup. As soon as I gave it some gas it pulled itself back together. I kept on wheeling it for a while, but i dont know how long it will last. Metal nuckles would be cool but i dont think it is going to happen. What it needs is a axle shaft that wont pull apart when turned. I am not complaining, For the money this thing is great.
I tore down mine last night and found the same thing. One of my knuckles (the right one I believe), the cups are almost gone. The plastic is getting becoming deformed and is about ready to go. I love this truck, but after its 2nd charge, its starting to show some signs of failure.

edit: FWIW, I am not complaining about the truck.. for the $$, this little truck rocks, but its got a few weak points that need to be addressed.. Hopefully, these reports will help strengthen the next revision of the truck.

Last edited by datz510; 08-30-2005 at 09:26 AM.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #106

I just stripped my rear diff and gave them a call and they are sending me a replacement one for free. it will take a couple of weeks but they have good customer service.
Beenerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #107

My front axle just broke... i think its big gear is stripped
landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

Default battery

my battery straps fritsed out on me JUST AS I STARTD TO RUN IT FOR THE FIRST TIME :( :( :( :( :neutral: :neutral:
Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 AM   #109

I finaly broke the front end. Took apart the frontend and the low gear on the axle shaft is missing teeth and rounded off.

Last edited by wolverine; 08-31-2005 at 10:53 AM.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM   #110

Does anyone know how to take the squad plastic peice off of the front axle shaft so I can swap the high gear for the low gear?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:19 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
Does anyone know how to take the squad plastic peice off of the front axle shaft so I can swap the high gear for the low gear?
i don't think that will make a diffrence. you'll be just changing the position of high and low on the switch.....
MOB-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #112

It would make a differnce. Id just have no high gear in the front axle (never used THIS THING IS MAKE FOR CRAWLIN)
The low gear is on the end of the yellow planatary and the high comes off of the black planatary gear. Theres a small squar peice in between the high and low gears on the axle shaft that the gear select rides on. I just need to get this peice off with out breaking it.
And yes I need to buy a new camera.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:32 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
I finaly broke the front end. Took apart the frontend and the low gear on the axle shaft is missing teeth and rounded off.

My front axle did the same thing, I'd tried to change
the high and low gear but the hole in the center of the
gear is different.
killertxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:51 PM   #114

Thumbs up

Update on my 2 units. Sent email yesterday morning. No Reply as of yet. However, i called the Cust Support phone # just now, got a person that spoke english that i could understand, discussed the problem, and they will be replacing both at no cost other than me shipping them the two units.

I wish all companies were as responsive as this. Good show.
toyworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:10 AM   #115
Rock Stacker

I wish all companies were as responsive as this. Good show.[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats a good sign. From what Ive been reading on here either 1- people are pushing these little things too hard breaking stuff, or 2- they have quite a few issues out of the box. And that is why IMO, they are being so great about part replacement. Look at how many people are breaking the 1/18 and 1/6 in a short amount of time. If they didnt take care of these people e-mailing and calling complaining, they would loose alot of buisness (other than 6-10 year old kids). And how long do you think there gonna keep takin a loss on giving out free parts, eventualy they will charge for this kind of stuff.If customer service wasnt so great with all these parts breaking, would you guys keep investing time and money into these things, and recomending to anyone to go get one??? Im almost affraid to gamble my 48$ on these little things.......but I am getting one tomorrow.........:-P .....Ill take my chances...

EDIT:Well after further examination this little thing does very well, awsome rc for 48$......im gonna baby it for a while .... dont want any breakage.....Nylint:A+++

Last edited by o0korn0o; 09-02-2005 at 02:14 PM.
o0korn0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #116

Both of my knuckles are starting to show severe signs of stress and the "drive pins" for lack of a better term are actually outside the hub on both sides when turned that direction. The rivet that holds the steering arm to the driver side knuckle also popped out. That's easy enough to put back in, but the hub problem gave me what could only be described as death wobble in a 1:1 rig when in high range.

Are the customer service guys even reading this anymore?
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #117
wsb

I have burned up the motor in the front axle of my 1:18 jeep. Hope to replace with something better! any ideas?

Edit: the motor is good - the circuit board has been smoked!

Wayne

Last edited by wsb; 09-09-2005 at 09:06 AM.
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Tighten all the screws right when you buy it. Nearly all of mine were loose, and if your entire truck is loosely built, you will break stuff.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #119
RCC Addict

crap i just broke yet another knuckle
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

rear belt went.....how do i fix it?.....cause i do not want to RETURN ANOTHER ONE