Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Nylint Customer Support & Breakage Reports

Funrise/Nylint has provided a toll-free Customer Service number on the box and on the manual.
1-800-882-3808 from 8-5 Pacific time, Monday-Friday. They will be glad to assist with ANY and ALL Customer Service issues.

Please post breakage reports in this thread!! We are interested in continued engineering to make these bulletproof.

Last edited by slashsplat; 08-11-2005 at 06:13 AM.
slashsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2005, 06:29 AM   #2

have a adress email please, i m french.
thank you
cyrille87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I had the front servo gears strip on mine.Its the big gear that has the arm on it and the little gear right under it.I think by the way it looks the motor has to much power and ripped the teeth off the gears.So it's down for now till I get replacement parts or another one.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

OK I just called the customer support number and guess what they told me to take it back to the place of purchase that they couldnt help me.This helped me so much GRRRRRRRRR but I guess I will take it back and wait a year till my wal mart gets them I had to get this one in ALABAMA
Old 08-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

My servo started making alot of Noise and Now it seems Fed up But it still works.
Bigbadwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
06 Super National Champ

When I opened up the steering on my 1:18 Scorpion the return spring shot across the room.

I decided to stick the return spring behind the final steering gear.

Works great.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Guys, supply pics if you can too. I am sure that'll show the problems in greater detail.

The gear on my steering motor spins seperate of the motor. I steer all the way to the left and the motor keeps turning inside the gear. I tried super glue, but it didn't hold, so I will try something else.

My controller also is spazzing out. If I pull the trigger for forward it doesn't move, but if I barely nick it back, it'll give throttle. But the throttle sticks for a second. When I swing it to reverse there is a click, but swinging it to forward, its just a squishy trigger.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I just broke my steering return spring. Gonna need a new one. :( I'll head over to the hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find something that will work.

Here it is:

Looks like a stress failure at the bend to me.

Last edited by datz510; 08-11-2005 at 11:59 PM.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

My steering Is Making a Horrable Noise now Both ways .I'll take it apart tody and post a Pic.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

WOW! Guys: What other rc crawler company has a support line to call???
What other company is mass producing rc crawlers???
This is great customer service combined with a great product!!
Thanks Splash!!!!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #11

ive had two break so far. i cant get one to last past the second pack. the first one striped the low range gear in the rear axle. so i took it back and got a jeep one, and today now it wont steer anymore. if u center the wheels by hand, it will turn left, then it wont center and it has NO right turn whatsoever. the motor will only spin left, then it doesnt make any noise, and wont respond at all untill u move the tires by hand, then it will turn left again and quit responding. still goes forward and back but no steering. i guess ill take it back and get the other scorpion they had.

kolby
lankchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:42 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Default To Syco133

You did NOT receive the right response from customer service, according to the President of Nylint!

The instant success of the vehicle has, frankly, taken Nylint by surprise. Whomever you spoke to was not prepared. Nylint has passed on an apology.

Please call back in and explain the issue. They will take care of you!

Nylint tells me they REALLY want to know about EVERY part that breaks and they cannot get informed if the vehicles are returned to the retailer.

Nylint did not get their major stock of replacement parts and vehicles yet, but that is being remedied.
slashsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I tried today to leave a message on the customer support line and it doesnt work it says this mail box is no longer avalible.I also tried to call them 3 times I left a message on steve s's answering machine today and yesterday and havent gotten a call back.And on the machine that talks while you are waiting it says if you cannot reach a customer support person to take the product back to the retailer for a replacement.I am in no way bashing I want another one bad dang it I just think they need to know what we or me anyway is going thru to try and get in touch with someone and so far its impossible.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

breakage, none

problems, two

1) when they say "DO NOT USE IN SAND" they mean it, the vent holes are on the bottom of the rear diff and it made my friends stick into low, we just took apart the rear diff and cleaned and lubed it all up, works great now.

2) i noticed the diffs are belt driven, my belts are not griping as well as my friends(you can tell) what would the fix for this be?

thanks, Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #15
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

i dont think that nylint was prepared for the success and interest that these have generated. i would give them a few weeks to get the manpower and organization tied down. mine has been running great though quite a few packs. the steering doesnt center fully, but it turns well in both directions. im a bit worried about the motor though. wont the design of the steering slowly burn out the motor? or is it wound up enough to keep the amp draw down?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:29 AM   #16

My 1:18 Scorpion is running great, the only issue I noticed is the location of the serial number - the bottom of the front axle? Like that won't get scraped off during the first run. How about moving it inside the battery compartment so if you do have an issue the serial number will be available for tracking purposes.
Tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

My Steering wasnt Broke .It was the Motor that runs the Servo was lose and the gear was not messing. Easy fix. And I had to take both axles apart and put bake the nuts on the reduction,Locktite them on. Now its all Good.I still will Mod it and put Better Electronics Later. But Its Fun and I can get some of my Buds to buy them sence there Cheap.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Only issues I've come across so far is that my front end likes to "click" or "grind". I'm thinking that it's inside the inline reduction. It really only does it when I have it turned to full lock, when there is the most binding/stress on the front axle. There is so much reduction that the motors don't have time to stall out and stop spinning.

I'll run it at ORCRC's 1/18 Nylint Spec Class which will probably be it's last time that it'll work properly I'm really into this little rig. Hell, if the entire drivetrain decides to crumble you can always use the body for a project
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Rear axle quit turning under power. The large black gear attached to the belt drive just spins. When we pulled it apart we also noticed that the plastic outdrive was split also.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
Rear axle quit turning under power. The large black gear attached to the belt drive just spins. When we pulled it apart we also noticed that the plastic outdrive was split also.

that is just the same as mine, but i didn't think the part with the split would affect the performance at all so i put it back togather. also the larger pully spins freely just like yours.

Stu
1bigtracker is offline   Reply With Quote